Cowboys 2024 draft - positional and compensatory picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So this whole thread is bunk speculation then.
According to Over The Cap, the Cowboys are in line to receive a fifth and a sixth-round pick, based on the salaries their former players signed for. The fifth comes from offensive lineman Connor McGovern, who signed a three-year, $22.35-million deal with the Bills. Meanwhile, the sixth comes from tight end Dalton Schultz, who signed a one-year deal with the Texans worth $6.25 million.

Dallas would've also received an extra seventh-round pick from receiver Noah Brown, who signed a one-year, $2.6-million deal with the Texans. However, the Cowboys aren't expected to actually get that pick due to the NFL only awarding 32 total compensatory selections in a single draft.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks

I believe that is exactly what @MLB53 came up with and I posted in the OP.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jan. 24 – Cowboys expected to have seven picks

The Dallas Cowboys currently have five draft picks in hand for the 2024 NFL Draft in April, as they will have a first-round pick (No. 24 overall), a second-round pick (No. 58 overall), a third-round pick (No. 87 overall) and two seventh-round picks (No. 230 overall from Raiders in Johnathan Hankins trade and No. 241 overall).
The Cowboys are also expected to add two compensatory picks for the free agent departures of Connor McGovern and Dalton Schultz. According to projections by Over the Cap, those picks are expected to be in the fifth-round and sixth-round. Although compensatory picks are not expected to be finalized until early March, there is a chance that Dallas could add a third compensatory pick in the seventh-round from Noah Brown's departure, but Over the Cap is not projecting that to land.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/draft-blog-2024

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This might be the year to trade down a couple of times and stockpile more choices. They need multiple OL and LB's.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are absolutely stacked with talent as it is.

I’m not sure any draft picks have a chance to make this roster…

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
In all seriousness the Cowboys looked like they whiffed on the 2023 draft. Time to show it was an abberation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or more chances to get it right. Jimmy Johnson selected a tackle named James Richards a round before Erik Williams for example.
I mean I’m speaking more now. Even most teams who have two or more first rounders one is always a bust. Just how it works out for whatever reason.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1st Round: No. 24
2nd Round: No. 56
3rd Round: No. 88
5th Round: Comp Pick (Connor McGovern)
6th Round: Comp Pick (Dalton Schultz)
7th Round: No. 234 (Raiders)
7th Round: No. 245

Possible additional 7th comp pick for Noah Brown.
Those 5th and 6th round compensatory picks are at the end of those rounds.

Sucks.

Can't believe Jerry wasted a costly and much needed 4th round pick on a project BUST.

Even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.