Cowboys 2nd Round Prediction

JonCJG

Reaction score
I see the Cowboys getting Moore later today and here is my prediction on how it happens.

Patriots
33) Marvin Austin

Bills
34) Kyle Kudolph

Bengals
35) Ryan Willams

Broncos
36) Aaron Williams

Browns
37) Greg Little

Cardinals
38) Akeem Ayers

Titans
39) Orlando Franklin

Dallas
40) Rahim Moore

Thoughts?

Edit

This is assuming no trades of course. I see at least one team trading up to snag a qb btw. But it's impossible to predict so I didn't even take a stab at it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Dez.88;3928724 said:

Nope. Knee is apparently bone-on-bone.

I think Rahim Moore is the pick, and we'll try to trade back into the 2nd round for Andy Dalton.

Could also be Akeem Ayers if he slips, and possibly Martez Wilson.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
casmith07;3928726 said:
Nope. Knee is apparently bone-on-bone.

I think Rahim Moore is the pick, and we'll try to trade back into the 2nd round for Andy Dalton.

Could also be Akeem Ayers if he slips, and possibly Martez Wilson.

That report was a bit of an outlier - there's clearly damage to the meniscus, but the balance of reports were in the "potential concern" category. It's all speculation since we don't have the reports, of course.

If he is on the board at 40, I would take Bowers and run home laughing.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Its hard to say I'd be happy with a couple of guys. But I see if bowers falls or we take a safety. We need to address db

visionary

Reaction score
dalton would be a wasted pick

we need to trade back to mid/late 2 for an extra 3, then

2: kendrick ellis, DE/NT
2b: trade back into late 2 with our 3 and 5 and pick the best OG on the board (will rackley perhaps)

extra 3: Ras-I Dowling or best CB (if our scouts think someone is better)

3b: trade our 4th and next years 4th to move back into late 3 and pick D. Williams (FS/SS)

we still have our 6-7 picks

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The Cowboys definitely love Rackley but I think he's an early 3rd rounder. I would prefer to trade down at #40, and select these players from the late 2nd/early 3rd:

Kenrick Ellis
Will Rackley
Ras-I Dowling
Bruce Carter (dark horse)
Randall Cobb
Martez Wilson
Christian Ballard

supercowboy8

Reaction score
TheSport78;3928921 said:
The Cowboys definitely love Rackley but I think he's an early 3rd rounder. I would prefer to trade down at #40, and select these players from the late 2nd/early 3rd:

Kenrick Ellis
Will Rackley
Ras-I Dowling
Bruce Carter (dark horse)
Randall Cobb
Martez Wilson
Christian Ballard

Rackley is a 2nd rounder. He will go late 2nd, write it down. I would trade back a few spots from 40 then package some picks to get back into the 2nd. Take Harris and Rackley.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
It will be defense. No way 2 rookie OL start this year. I'm going with:

Aaron Williams

supercowboy8

Reaction score
DBOY3141;3929038 said:
It will be defense. No way 2 rookie OL start this year. I'm going with:

Aaron Williams
why not? also who says he has to start right away, we need to replace Koiser and Davis soon.

Now I think we get Williams or Harris at 40. DL at 40 aren't good value I would rather wait till the 3rd for Ellis or Jenkins.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
supercowboy8;3929051 said:
why not? also who says he has to start right away, we need to replace Koiser and Davis soon.

Now I think we get Williams or Harris at 40. DL at 40 aren't good value I would rather wait till the 3rd for Ellis or Jenkins.

Word is that Ellis is falling because of some character issue. I would love this:

2nd: CB's Williams or Harris
3rd: OG Rackley
4th: DL Ellis

supercowboy8

Reaction score
TheSport78;3929061 said:
Word is that Ellis is falling because of some character issue. I would love this:

Yeah Ellis had multiple failed drug test. I wouldn't take him in the 2nd. 3rd or 4th would be nice place. Rackley will go late 2nd.

The Natural

Reaction score
Highly unlikely but I'd like to see us pull off a Miami coup today. Brandon Harris in the 2nd, Allen Bailey in the 3rd.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
iGor Olpiffsky;3929104 said:
Highly unlikely but I'd like to see us pull off a Miami coup today. Brandon Harris in the 2nd, Allen Bailey in the 3rd.
I wouldn't mind Bailey in the 3rd, I liek Jenkins better but Bailey wouldn't be a bad pick.

visionary

Reaction score
TheSport78;3929061 said:

sign me up for this