Cowboys 2nd Round Prediction

RS12

Reaction score
TheSport78;3928921 said:
The Cowboys definitely love Rackley but I think he's an early 3rd rounder. I would prefer to trade down at #40, and select these players from the late 2nd/early 3rd:

Kenrick Ellis
Will Rackley
Ras-I Dowling
Bruce Carter (dark horse)
Randall Cobb
Martez Wilson
Christian Ballard

Trade down or one of these. BTW somebody posted some negative stuff about Ellis who I really like.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
RS12;3929144 said:
Trade down or one of these. BTW somebody posted some negative stuff about Ellis who I really like.

Ellis is a big character concern plus add multiple failed drug test I think drops him into the 3rd.
2nd Harris
2nd Rackley(via trade)
3rd Ellis

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
supercowboy8;3929036 said:
Rackley is a 2nd rounder. He will go late 2nd, write it down. I would trade back a few spots from 40 then package some picks to get back into the 2nd. Take Harris and Rackley.
PPPPPLLLLEEEAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE. I hope this happens. SMITH, HARRIS AND RACKLEY. Christmas in April. Jerrah, please make this happen.:bow:

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
RS12;3929144 said:

I think Ellis will drop to the 4th due to this "issue."

I'm honestly not sure where Aaron Williams fits on our team. If we draft him, you're essentially saying byebye to Sensabaugh because Huff will definitely be a Cowboy by next week possibly. I like the versatility that Williams brings, but immediate impact wise, I'm not sure how he contributes THIS year?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hopefully they move down. I like the idea of fleecing some team for next years first along with a middle round pick this yr. A QB desperate team might do this type deal, especially if 1 or 2 of the 3 guys expected to go in round two go off before we pick.

Next years draft appears to be more talented, and having 2 first rd picks (one of which could be quite high, depending on whome we trade with) could potentially put you in a position to get Andrew Luck.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
SMASHMOUTH9473;3929159 said:
PPPPPLLLLEEEAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE. I hope this happens. SMITH, HARRIS AND RACKLEY. Christmas in April. Jerrah, please make this happen.:bow:

I agree

Aven8

Reaction score
I don't buy the Ellis dropping stuff.

They took a record 12 1st rd DT's last night. DT's are going fast and especially one that is built like him. I wouldn't be surprised if NE takes him at 33.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Aaron Williams. I think the team really, really likes him and I can see us moving up a few picks to insure we get him, much like they did last year with Sean Lee.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I just heard Norm. He said that he doesn't believe the Cowboys have interest in Rahim Moore. He likes him though.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
dbair1967;3929172 said:
Hopefully they move down. I like the idea of fleecing some team for next years first along with a middle round pick this yr. A QB desperate team might do this type deal, especially if 1 or 2 of the 3 guys expected to go in round two go off before we pick.

Next years draft appears to be more talented, and having 2 first rd picks (one of which could be quite high, depending on whome we trade with) could potentially put you in a position to get Andrew Luck.

The team picking #1 next year is the only team in position to get Andrew Luck

Wimbo

Reaction score
Jerry said in the post draft presser that they were trying to trade back up into the 1st to get a DL. I am guessing that was for Heyward or Wilkerson. So, I think they will be looking DL with the 2nd rounder. But, they will probably try to trade down before picking.

Paea or Jurrell would be my guess.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put me down for Stefen Wisniewski.

(I know, the Cowboys would never go back-to-back offensive linemen!)

I would, and I think the guy can capably man this team's center position for the next decade-plus.

And I also fear that if we don't take him, we'll be dealing with him as a Giant for that same decade.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
stasheroo;3929637 said:
Put me down for Stefen Wisniewski.

(I know, the Cowboys would never go back-to-back offensive linemen!)

I would, and I think the guy can capably man this team's center position for the next decade-plus.

And I also fear that if we don't take him, we'll be dealing with him as a Giant for that same decade.
He should be there in the third stash. Goose and Kiper have in the 70s.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;3929643 said:
He should be there in the third stash. Goose and Kiper have in the 70s.

I hope so and that's what I originally thought.

But given the Giants' need at that spot, I'm worried that they'll grab him.

For the record, I very much hope that you are right!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;3929610 said:

Yep. It's amusing that trading for Luck is even a topic of conversation.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;3929610 said:

QFT!

I don't know why people can't understand this fact. If you had the #1 pick and had the chance to take the next Peyton Manning, why on earth would you trade out of that pick? It would take at least 5 1st round picks for me to consider trading out of the #1 spot, and then I would still hesitate...

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Idgit;3929664 said:
Yep. It's amusing that trading for Luck is even a topic of conversation.

:)

I always giggle when people even bring it up as a topic of conversation. The naivety is quite amusing.

:laugh2:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Don't waste #40 on any safety in this draft...there are CBs who are projected as better safeties than any safety in the draft...and they aren't just projects...Williams, Texas, and Gilchrist, Clemson, both played CB and safety in college, but they were good enough to be the best CBs in their senior years.

I'd take either of those guys over any of the safeties.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
If we come away with Wisniewski, I'll feel much better about a Round 1 that was a bit less than I was personally hoping for.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
stasheroo;3929647 said:
I hope so and that's what I originally thought.

But given the Giants' need at that spot, I'm worried that they'll grab him.

For the record, I very much hope that you are right!
I guess there is always a chance of a run. Sometimes its amazing to watch teams go crazy at a certain position.