Signed by Cowboys Cowboys add Darian Thompson as assistant LB and QC coach

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen saving money by hiring young first time head coaches?

quickccc

Reaction score
IF Sean Lee was up for coaching,.. i'd far more opt for him to be a new asst. coach ....

No doubt Thompson is much much less cheaper than the more regarded and departed George Edwards,

Booger

Reaction score
HaHaHaHa—yeah, I get it—HaHaHaHa—he’s fat—HaHaHaHa—food’s his number one priority—HaHaHaHa—stupid fat people—HaHaHaHa!
Got old after the first one. Thought this site had a juvenile age limit.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
what the crap.....is Sean Lee busy? These two are something else.

Same deal as with Witten. Lee would likely want to come in as a LB coach, not an assistant to the assistant lb coach. He is far more likely to get that opportunity with a team that has coaches who worked extensively with him. I expect if he did go into coaching, it would be working with Eberflus in Chicago. By all accounts, Lee is loving beach life in California though.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I voice. Dont need several cooks.
Yes. Let's have the same low level assistant prep film for both the offense and defense...whole lotta two-way former players out there with experience studying both offensive and defensive film.

For comparison, the Chiefs have three QC coaches. They just won the Superbowl (I point this out because it seems like you don't actually follow the sport).

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes. Let's have the same low level assistant prep film for both the offense and defense...whole lotta two-way former players out there with experience studying both offensive and defensive film.

For comparison, the Chiefs have three QC coaches. They just won the Superbowl (I point this out because it seems like you don't actually follow the sport).
Hey Einstein, we don't need 10 QC/QB coaches guys. Thats been the issue with Dak. Its insane.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s how guys get experience and maybe some day an actual position coaching job or more
Assistant LB coach and QC is about one step over an intern lol
Its a pretty good gig for an entry level. QC is basically just charting film and collecting data. With assistant LB tag, he may also about to some hands on coach which QC coaches never do

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So, just how many quality control guys are the Cowboys' going to hire? Seems like we have a lot so far. :huh:
jones boys looking to up the "quality" of their team!
Also it is cheap lol so you know stephen loves it.

Remember when vermiel hired all those ex head coaches ( with the Rams ), and won the SB in 2 years time?
JOnes boys evidently didnt notice that and prefer learn on the job coaches like JG and kellen.

Vermeil also used an Arena league QB to get his SB win.