Twitter: Cowboys admit they mishandled WR

Staubacher

Reaction score
So the majority of this board knew more than the team's owners. How nice.

What an absolute joke this franchise has become. Other than the social aspect of watching the games with fellow fans and chewing the fat here this team has completely alienated me.
I can't stand the ownership and management.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please stop talking Stephen you're just killing me here..

No Repeat after me Stephen.

we overpaid a inaccurate quarterback because he brown nosed us all the time.
. He says all the right things!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So, what he is saying is: Yeah, we screwed up last year; this year we will do the exact same thing, but it's OK, because Gallup will magically come back into form and Tolbert--the guy who couldn't even crack the field last year--is a year older.
It appears that their plan is to try to sign a receiver who missed last season with an ACL tear to add to the mix.

I do think Gallup will probably be better a year removed from his surgery, but I agree that we have no guarantees of that. If we do sign Beckham, there are no guarantees there as well. And Tolbert could improve, but again, no certainties. The only certainty is that we know what we have in Lamb. That shouldn't be enough not to do more at the position, but it probably will be.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wonder what we will learn NEXT offseason? “Maybe, possibly mishandled” DT?
They've been mishandling that for years now and don't recognize it, so I don't see them suddenly becoming enlightened. My guess would be the running back position. We've got a similar case of Pollard coming off a late-season injury/surgery and figuring what to do with an overpriced starter who did not live up to the billing last year. If we re-sign Pollard, cut Elliott and then throw a late-round pick at the position, it will be comparable to what we did at receiver last year. Not saying that we should keep Elliott, just that Pollard plus the UDFAs we have and a late-round draft pick should not be the plan if we cut Elliott. Expecting a late-round back to succeed would be like expecting Tolbert to succeed. It could have happened, but it didn't.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
With no guarantee that Gallup can return to what we think he should be, and no signs yet that Tolbert can adjust to playing big-boy football, it’s imperative the Cowboys add another legit receiving target. Besides, what happens if/when your #2 option (whoever that is) tweaks his coccyx or gets an ingrown toenail? Then we’re right back to being mediocre (at best) at WR.

Besides, adding a legit wideout should be appealing to both Dak lovers and haters. Dak lovers have been proclaiming that he doesn’t have enough legit receiving threats, so that argument can be put to rest, and for Dak haters, if he can’t get it done with high-level talent on the perimeter then the finger of blame gets firmly planted in the middle of Dak’s chest. It's a win-win.

Shannon1

Reaction score
Perfect off-season sign OBJ ,sign Bobby Wagner ,trade for Ramsey

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Mishandled is an understatement. This FO of dealing with mistakes of this magnitude are nothing more than bandaid approaches.

"Oh well, we messed it up. But next year will be better. I promise."

That schtick has worn out a lot of the fan base and the only remedy is to can the Jerry and Stephen clown show.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

I guess at least admitting your mistake is conventionally considered a wise thing but it’s a day late and a dollar short for all the mistakes committed over the last 27 years. Plus how is it that you’re in the business of damage ACL‘s or you don’t know it takes time curious interesting. Do you have a doctor on staff.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
So, what he is saying is: Yeah, we screwed up last year; this year we will do the exact same thing, but it's OK, because Gallup will magically come back into form and Tolbert--the guy who couldn't even crack the field last year--is a year older.

PERFECTLY SAID!!!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They still never figured out the best way to use Pollard.

That was worse than the WR problems.

Our best player on offense was just used like he was a traditional weapon.

The guy is Christian McCaffrey and the Cowboys acted like he was just a backup.
Thats is exactly what is most disturbing about this team, it's not the talent it is and has been how the talent is utilized.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Admitting there is a problem is the first step to the solution.

Sh**, we're screwed. Stevie Wonder is never going to see the solution.

Carson

Reaction score
Pretty much the Dallas mantra.

Be good at something, get rid of better said players, swear they are set with lesser players, say the next year we weren’t good enough