Cowboys allowing 4th most pressure in the league

Legend

Reaction score
Be nice. Be nicer to have deshawn Watson on the cowboys or just about any other qb in the league
You want Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, or Kirk Cousins?

A lot of $ to pay those QBs... when their teams are mediocre to poor.

Watson will not be playing for long if he keeps taking big hits. He needs to learn how to slide.

I rather have a top 5 D, true #1 WR and #2 WR, TE, and tweaked OL so Tyron Smith stops looking like Chaz Green or Doug Free.. etc.... with Dak driving the bus...

The Cowboys as a team would be a lot better.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

Watson will not be playing for long if he keeps taking big hits. He needs to learn how to slide.

I rather have a top 5 D, true #1 WR and #2 WR, TE, and tweak OL so Tyron Smith stops looking like Chaz Green or Doug Free.. etc.... with Dak driving the bus...

I want to win by running the football since that’s how our team is built. Draft a damn qb in the first round instead of blaming everybody else, every year. 2.5 years in to football and you can’t tell me one player dak Prescott has made better.

Oh and just in case you forgot, it’s almost the time where you either pay dak or get rid of him. So you want to pay dak $25 million a year? Let me know how that works out for ya

Legend

Reaction score
I want to win by running the football since that’s how our team is built. Draft a damn qb in the first round instead of blaming everybody else, every year. 2.5 years in to football and you can’t tell me one player dak Prescott has made better.

Oh and just in case you forgot, it’s almost the time where you either pay dak or get rid of him. So you want to pay dak $25 million a year? Let me know how that works out for ya

I will give Dak $12M-$15M a year in 2020 and use the savings for other upgrades.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

I rather have a top 5 D, true #1 WR and #2 WR, TE, and tweaked OL so Tyron Smith stops looking like Chaz Green or Doug Free.. etc.... with Dak driving the bus...

The funniest excuse I heard this week from the coaches to the local sports lovers was that dak is still young and still learning how to read nfl defenses.

So if you will please get the below message to dak for me I’d appreciate it.

Dak,
When you have one wr on one side of the field and another wr on the other side of the field, with a corner on each guy, and 8 guys in the box, one deep safety. That means you have to throw it outside. Or sneak your tight end out. And until you prove you can do that, that’s the only defense you will see in crunch time. So if you want to keep your easy job and get back to letting zeke do the big boy work, learn that.

So that’s it, now dak knows how to read press man coverage. Problem solved.

Legend

Reaction score
The funniest excuse I heard this week from the coaches to the local sports lovers was that dak is still young and still learning how to read nfl defenses.

So if you will please get the below message to dak for me I’d appreciate it.

Dak,
When you have one wr on one side of the field and another wr on the other side of the field, with a corner on each guy, and 8 guys in the box, one deep safety. That means you have to throw it outside. Or sneak your tight end out. And until you prove you can do that, that’s the only defense you will see in crunch time. So if you want to keep your easy job and get back to letting zeke do the big boy work, learn that.

So that’s it, now dak knows how to read press man coverage. Problem solved.

Once the talent is upgraded... I prefer Dak to hand the ball off to Zeke, run playaction, hit the open WRs/TEs..., or run/throw the ball away if no one is open.

I prefer to take away his abilities of acting like Tony Romo at the line of scrimmage before snapping the ball... and instead give him a handful of plays he could audible to.

My goal is to establish the power running game to chew up the clock and to use a balanced attack with the passing game by getting the ball to my true #1 WR, #2 WR, and/or TE for them to make plays...

Likewise, I have multiple options (Zeke and top WR/TE talent) to punish the opposing defenses with... instead of just 1 (Zeke).

Last edited:

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Once the talent is upgraded... I prefer Dak to hand the ball off to Zeke, run playaction, hit the open WRs/TEs..., or run/throw the ball away if no one is open.

I prefer to take away his abilities of acting like Tony Romo at the line of scrimmage before snapping the ball... and instead give him a handful of plays he could audible to.

My goal is to establish the power running game to chew up the clock and to use a balanced attack with the passing game by getting the ball to my true #1 WR, #2 WR, and/or TE for them to make plays...

Likewise, I have multiple options (Zeke and top WR/TE talent) to punish the opposing defenses... instead of just 1 (Zeke).

Well i want the same result you want, but in 2.5 years of watching him, he seems to be the one lacking the talent to me. We aren’t getting back to running the ball until he proves he can and will, throw it outside successfully and consistently. A first round draft pick at qb is cheaper (than sticking with dak) and will have more talent than Dak from day 1. I think it’s easier to upgrade the qb.

But if you prefer to change everything to hope that all pans out, that’s your deal.

Legend

Reaction score
Dez used to put up as good or better numbers....

Until he forgot how to play WR.
Which, coincidentally occurred right around 2015....

Dez got paid, older, and injured. Thus, his fire was gone. He was a true #2 WR starting in 2015.

The Cowboys need a true #1 WR who can make defenders look foolish like D. Hopkins did to the Cowboys in OT...

The defense would have to pick their poison... gang up on Zeke and I will beat you with my true #1 WR and vice versa.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Dez got paid, older, and injured. Thus, his fire was gone. He was a true #2 WR starting in 2015.

The Cowboys need a true #1 WR who can make defenders look foolish like D. Hopkins did to the Cowboys in OT...

The defense would have to pick their poison... gang up on Zeke and I will beat you with my true #1 WR and vice versa.

Defenses have to pick their poison right now. They pick to stop zeke. It’s just that our qb can’t throw outside.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

I’ll say this much for dak, the int he threw on the tavon pass was close. That was a damn good play that was “schemed up”. But if he’s gonna stick around in the nfl he has to hit tavon in the chest there or float that ball just a little bit (there was no one around). And I don’t want to hear about no number 1 wr excuse. Dak talked up this committee crap all year. Basically said all he needs is good route runners cause of his pinpoint accuracy. So where the hell is it?
And dak, please stop comparing yourself to cam newton. Just stop man. You ain’t cam newton

Legend

Reaction score
Was that about the time Brandon weeden was his qb and then dak Prescott?

In 2016... defenders still respected Witten and Dez... Thus, the Cowboys had a dual, balanced attack and Dak was successful

In 2017... Zeke was suspended for 6 games... So dual, balanced attack suffered... just like the early 90s Cowboys offense did when Emmitt did not play. Thus, Dak was less successful...

In 2018... WR/TE unit is an extreme downgrade compared to 2016/2017.... No dual, balanced attack but more like an one-cylinder attack. Thus, with no threats in passing game for defenders to worry about... almost all focus is ganging up on the run... Thus, Dak and entire offense besides Zeke are really struggling.

Remember the dual balanced attack. Gang up on our star RB and leave our #1 WR or #2 WR one-on-one... we are going to make you pay with the playaction or passing game.

The Cowboys offense are missing WR/TE talent to make the D pay... although the current players state they are open.

If the Cowboys want to run like the early 90s offense... you also need playmakers at the WR and TE positions.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Seahawks are bottom 5 in yards/game. Seahawks are averaging only 9 yds a game more than us and only 20yds/game more in passing yards. We didn't get consistent pressure on Watson, their OL did a good job this past week or our guys weren't able to generate pressure.
Yep. Watson had all day all game long to wait for his receivers to get open against our Cowboys last week. The Texans supposed worse Oline played like All Pros while ours played like crap.