Cowboys allowing 4th most pressure in the league

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
In 2016... defenders still respected Witten and Dez... Thus, the Cowboys had a dual, balanced attack and Dak was successful

In 2017... Zeke was suspended for 6 games... So dual, balanced attack suffered... just like the early 90s Cowboys did when Emmitt did not play. Thus, Dak was less successful...

In 2018... WR/TE unit is an extreme downgrade compared to 2016/2017.... No dual, balanced attack but more like an one-cylinder attack. Thus, with no threats in passing game for defenders to worry about... all focus really is ganging up on the run... Thus, Dak and entire offense besides Zeke are really struggling.

Yea I agree with that. Dak walked into the perfect situation his rookie year.

So year two, did he think the defenses were just going to let zeke run all over them again? Did he take any of those chances you have to take down the field when teams sell out to stop the run?

He did it this year in our two wins. But let’s be honest, I could have thrown the td against the giants. The 2 in the lions game were nice. But now defenses are just screwing with him. They are letting zeke get meaningless yards and just waiting till we screw up or start throwing.

It’s hot in the kitchen right now. And it’s a bad matchup this week, he better be careful if he wants to start vs the Commanders. This game needs to be 9-6 because he didn’t screw up. Not 35-7 because he screwed up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What game were you watching? Watson got stomped into the ground the entire game
Watson got stomped into the ground the entire game?
Only after Watson would run with it past the line of scrimmage. Big difference. He only got sacked once while passing for 385 yards.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
In 2016... defenders still respected Witten and Dez... Thus, the Cowboys had a dual, balanced attack and Dak was successful

In 2017... Zeke was suspended for 6 games... So dual, balanced attack suffered... just like the early 90s Cowboys offense did when Emmitt did not play. Thus, Dak was less successful...

In 2018... WR/TE unit is an extreme downgrade compared to 2016/2017.... No dual, balanced attack but more like an one-cylinder attack. Thus, with no threats in passing game for defenders to worry about... almost all focus is ganging up on the run... Thus, Dak and entire offense besides Zeke are really struggling.

Remember the dual balanced attack. Gang up on our star RB and leave our #1 WR or #2 WR one-on-one... we are going to make you pay with the playaction or passing game.

The Cowboys offense are missing WR/TE talent to make the D pay... although the current players state they are open.

The current receiver are getting open on the underneathh ****. We need deep passes from the qb under center. We ran that wr off though because our qb didn’t need him. Remember?

Legend

Reaction score
The current receiver are getting open on the underneathh ****. We need deep passes from the qb under center. We ran that we off though because our qb didn’t need him. Remember?

Here is an example of the dual attack you can run once the Cowboys have a true #1 WR...

All the focus is towards stopping the run... like with Zeke.

On first play, I expect Emmitt rushed for 6 yards.

Next play, playaction is called...

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Here is an example of the dual attack you can run once the Cowboys have a true #1 WR...

All the focus is towards stopping the run... like with Zeke.

On first play, I expect Emmitt rushed for 6 yards.

Next play, playaction is called...

Yea I know that offense very well. That’s the same thing I want. That’s how the team was built.

I think we both want the same thing we just disagree on dez and dak. I think dak was the problem. You think dez was the problem.

Don’t forget on those cowboys super bowl teams we also had a 1st overall draft pick playing qb. And this tea has a 4th rounder known throughout his college and nfl career as being a guy that doesn’t like to throw down the field. Also coached in college by the dreaded Dan Mullins

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Giving up pressures can also be an indicator of a team playing from behind because they can't score points. Hence they are in passing mode and the DLine can ignore the run threat and get after the QB.

Well thats a product of not being a good enough passer to get a defense out of your box.

Legend

Reaction score
Yea I know that offense very well. That’s the same thing I want. That’s how the team was built.

I think we both want the same thing we just disagree on dez and dak. I think dak was the problem. You think dez was the problem.

Don’t forget on those cowboys super bowl teams we also had a 1st overall draft pick playing qb. And this tea has a 4th rounder known throughout his college and nfl career as being a guy that doesn’t like to throw down the field. Also coached in college by the dreaded Dan Mullins

Yes but today’s NFL is not as strong as it was back with the early 90’s Cowboys and 80’s 49ers... due to salary cap.

Likewise, Dak led Cowboys won 13 games in 2016.

Now Dak is not an elite QB but Tom Brady was selected in the 6th round.

Dak will be able to throw deep more with true #1 and 2 WRs... since they will get open more often like Austin against Giants and Zeke against the Lions.

See below for some samples.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Yes but today’s NFL is not as strong as it was back with the early 90’s Cowboys and 80’s 49ers... due to salary cap.

Likewise, Dak led Cowboys won 13 games in 2016.

Now Dak is not an elite QB but Tom Brady was selected in the 6th round.

Dak will be able to throw deep more with true #1 and 2 WRs... since they will get open more often like Austin against Giants and Zeke against the Lions.

See below for some samples.

Well buddy, I’m not gonna argue with you on dak. I’ve seen enough of him to have my opinion. Easiest way to upgrade the team immediately is legit talent at qb. There are a lot of maybe’s and what ifs in your scenario.

Only way cowboys get a wr to come here with dak is if the wr knows it’s his last contract or cross your fingers you hit on it in the draft. No legit wr is coming here and playing with dak by choice. Especially if he is young enough to want another contract. I know daks a good dude and all that, and it’s cool he likes to go fishing and stuff, but he will never have a Troy aikman makeup to him. Just not that kind of dude. Troy was good enough and had enough balls to get in peoples faces when needed and say the things people don’t like to say but need to be said. Dak likes to tell you what you want to hear. Dak willl never be Troy. He is a liability on the team. Who is he going to say something to? He can’t even tell Allen hurns and Cole Beasley what to do or to shut the hell up. Cause he knows they are right!

People need to quit falling in love with the players so much. And be bigger fans of the team. I’m a huge zeke fan, but he is and always has been legit.

I don’t think I need to tell you dak def isn’t Tom Brady either so that’s that.

Legend

Reaction score
Well buddy, I’m not gonna argue with you on dak. I’ve seen enough of him to have my opinion. Easiest way to upgrade the team immediately is legit talent at qb. There are a lot of maybe’s and what ifs in your scenario.

Only way cowboys get a wr to come here with dak is if the wr knows it’s his last contract or cross your fingers you hit on it in the draft. No legit wr is coming here and playing with dak by choice. Especially if he is young enough to want another contract. I know daks a good dude and all that, and it’s cool he likes to go fishing and stuff, but he will never have a Troy aikman makeup to him. Just not that kind of dude. Troy wasn’t good enough and had enough balls to get in peoples faces when needed and say the things people don’t like to say but need to be said. Dak likes to tell you what you want to hear. Dak willl never be Troy. He is a liability on the team. Who is he going to say something to? He can’t even tell Allen hurns and Cole Beasley what to do or to shut the hell up. Cause he knows they are right!

People need to quit falling in love with the players so much. And be bigger fans of the team. I’m a huge zeke fan, but he is and always has been legit.

I don’t think I need to tell you dak def isn’t Tom Brady either so that’s that.

Cowboys should have kept Dez and acquired Gordon.

Then acquired 1 or 2 safeties: Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro or ET via trade

Likewise, the Cowboys may have been better at this moment.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Does the fact that our new OL coach hasn't a clue what he is doing?

He will be gone after this year.

He is a big zero.

Who hired him?

Garrett?

Jones?

Elmer Fud?

Wasn’t anything wrong with the old O-line coach. Just covering for dak. Get used to it if dak sticks around.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

Agree. And force dak to play action and throw it 50 yards in air once a qtr. Dez and Gordon are useless to this team once the fear of the deep ball is not respected.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

I actually kinda like heath but realize he can be upgraded fairly easily. I like woods too but same deal

InTheZone

Reaction score
when you don't move up in the pocket, run into sacks, don't even adjust presnap when the blitz is staring you in your face and hold onto the ball too long that all contributes...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is what I was going to come in here and say. People are saying stats don't always tell the story. Watch these games. The offensive line isn't terrible at all times but pressure at the tackle position are becoming a problem.

People will post 2 or 3 times during the game where Dak may get pressured for holding the ball too long but that hasn't been the issue for why this line can't pass protect for him and to be honest?The run blocking hasn't been great either.

I can live with this offensive line playing like this but this team has spent far too much money on this offensive line. They've spent enough resources to where they should be ok when Frederick is out and Looney is playing solid enough as a guy coming in.

The more time goes by the more I think it was foolish paying this line like this. You need a great tackle and a great center. Zach Martin is a luxury. HE may be our best lineman but I'm not sure if this team could afford to give him the money we just signed him too.

Martin should be moved to LT, he is our best lineman. Smith should be moved over to RT where he will be a great RT instead of a good LT. Collins should be moved back to guard where he is better off. Williams remains at the other guard and Frederick is the center when he returns.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Martin should be moved to LT, he is our best lineman. Smith should be moved over to RT where he will be a great RT instead of a good LT. Collins should be moved back to guard where he is better off. Williams remains at the other guard and Frederick is the center when he returns.
I'm not against it. Zach Martin is so good it wouldn't shock me if he could play every position on the line.

Ken

Reaction score
Yea I agree with that. Dak walked into the perfect situation his rookie year.

So year two, did he think the defenses were just going to let zeke run all over them again? Did he take any of those chances you have to take down the field when teams sell out to stop the run?

He did it this year in our two wins. But let’s be honest, I could have thrown the td against the giants. The 2 in the lions game were nice. But now defenses are just screwing with him. They are letting zeke get meaningless yards and just waiting till we screw up or start throwing.

It’s hot in the kitchen right now. And it’s a bad matchup this week, he better be careful if he wants to start vs the Commanders. This game needs to be 9-6 because he didn’t screw up. Not 35-7 because he screwed up.
You agree with him and then proceed to blame Dak...lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me the line has played terribly this year. We should think of trying to trade some pieces in the offseason and save some of this money. We have all this money invested with no return.