Cowboys and Brandon Weeden agree to 2-year deal

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
A "real" GM chose Weeden in the 1st round two years ago. "If only we had a real GM..."

Ponder, Gabbert and Weeden all 1st rd busts. How does this happen to "real" GMs?

I'd rather have Tanney back than Weeden, though. But, hey, we get an arm for camp who was a former 1st rd pick just two years ago for the vet min. Can't complain about that especially if Orton does retire.

I still wouldn't pass on Manziel if he were there at 16 though.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Put this into perspective, we get rid of players like Demarcus ware and Jason hatcher and sign players that the CLEVELAND BROWNS released ....

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Weeden has the worst QBR over the last two years of any player (min. 500 att), but cant get mad a league min.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Two year deal for the minimum. Tough to get too upset here. I'd cut Orton loose now and if Romo goes down I'd rather we take the Suck for Luck style approach.

Since no one is getting paid right now Dallas has no need to release Orton at this stage and with Romo down right now we will need the arms in OTA's

zack

Reaction score
On the bright side, at least he doesn't throw as many interceptions as Eli Manning.....

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
I refuse to believe that they couldnt have done any better than this clown.

The fact that our acclaimed duo of QB development liked him isnt very reassuring either. They liked Stephen McGee at one point, too.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
I like the idea behind taking a recent high draft pick qb who hasn't worked out on a bad team. I don't like it though when he was playing behind a pretty decent line and had a running game until this year when that was replaced by a breakout receiver.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put this into perspective, we get rid of players like Demarcus ware and Jason hatcher and sign players that the CLEVELAND BROWNS released ....

So far we've turned DeMarcus Ware into Jeremy Mincey, Jason Hatcher into Terrell McClain and possibly Kyle Orton into Brandon Weeden.

I may have to lower case letter my GO COWBOYS! this year if this keeps up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A "real" GM chose Weeden in the 1st round two years ago. "If only we had a real GM..."

Ponder, Gabbert and Weeden all 1st rd busts. How does this happen to "real" GMs?

I'd rather have Tanney back than Weeden, though. But, hey, we get an arm for camp who was a former 1st rd pick just two years ago for the vet min. Can't complain about that especially if Orton does retire.

I still wouldn't pass on Manziel if he were there at 16 though.

Ouch!