Cowboys and Brandon Weeden agree to 2-year deal

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Can't argue with this at the minimum. I don't expect much from the 2014-15 Cowboys and this certainly doesn't change that.

It seems to me the FO is using this off-season to clean up the cap and focus on the draft.

If so, I approve. This is not the year for high risk/high reward FAs. One thing I'll give these guys is they've gotten a little better at drafting over the last couple years.

Mookie

Reaction score
You have to remember though, this Cowboys defense can make Stephen Hawking look like Dan Marino back there.

That wasn't Kiffin, it was Ryan, the same Ryan people adore in these boards.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LOL, .. is Weeden here? Are Hatcher and Ware here?

What twisting? Two facts.

The release of Ware was due to 16 million reasons. Hatcher was a FA and too the money and ran. Neither one has any relationship to the Weeden signing which means actually zip. He can be cut at any time with no real cap consequences.

That's why he said you were spinning it....which you were.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The case for Ware and Hatcher not being Cowboys anymore has nothing to do with signing Weeden. Your reaching.

What are you implying?

Did I say anything about the two things being related? You are trying to see something that is not there.

I stated two facts, .. not sure what you are reading into that.

dbonham

Reaction score
Well my Okie dad will be happy about this... Now time for his Longhorn son to hear some good news

Reaction score
That wasn't Kiffin, it was Ryan, the same Ryan people adore in these boards.

And the Ryan defense was little better than the Kiffin defense. And considering how well the Saints defense did with Ryan running it, you can come up with only one conclusion: the problem with the defense is the talent on the field and Ryan was simply a scapegoat.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The release of Ware was due to 16 million reasons. Hatcher was a FA and too the money and ran. Neither one has any relationship to the Weeden signing which means actually zip. He can be cut at any time with no real cap consequences.

That's why he said you were spinning it....which you were.

Wrong, ... the two things were not related, .. they were from one extreme to the other.
Try just reading what is there and not making it so complicated, or inserting your own opinion.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If you are collecting camp arms, it might be a decent idea to collect camp arms that are better than 50% accurate.

And if Romo goes down you expect what?? Maybe he can complete 10% more. Or maybe it won't really matter. And you're forgetting they could draft a QB. This is the draft to do it. Or maybe they have their eyes on someone who won't get drafted because he played at Div II or III. Or maybe they see something in his delivery and mental process they like. It's not like people go to Cleveland and exactly do well. And finally he can be cut at any time and IT WON"T MATTER.

visionary

Reaction score
This is all that was posted...

But clearly they were interested as the report was confirmed by other folks. So Weeden had options.

"spoke with" not the same as "wanted" or "options"

but you are probably right

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why oh why did we sign this guy??? I want to draft a young guy! I'm still hoping we are going to go after JFB if we sign Melton. I also think Brent joins the team as well. But I'm scratching my head over this joke of a signing. Seriously I'm starting to think JG has more power then what anyone else thinks. This does not smell like a JJ signing

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Why oh why did we sign this guy??? I want to draft a young guy! I'm still hoping we are going to go after JFB if we sign Melton. I also think Brent joins the team as well. But I'm scratching my head over this joke of a signing. Seriously I'm starting to think JG has more power then what anyone else thinks. This does not smell like a JJ signing

All about limiting Tony's throws in camp. Nothing more.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"spoke with" not the same as "wanted" or "options"

but you are probably right

Yeah, I just don't get the whining over a guy they got to be the 3rd QB for little to nothing. If one thinks logically, they need the arms for the offseason. If he doesn't make it out of training camp, so what? It costs nothing for the Cowboys but traveling fees.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yeah, I just don't get the whining over a guy they got to be the 3rd QB for little to nothing. If one thinks logically, they need the arms for the offseason. If he doesn't make it out of training camp, so what? It costs nothing for the Cowboys but traveling fees.

How dare you come here and expect this high of a standard!