Twitter: Cowboys and Dak agent Todd France had conversations on Wed. re: Contract

Hadenough

Reaction score
I imagine how this went......

Stephen, "Well Todd, what are you thinking?"
France, "We're going to stand pat."
Stephen, "Let me go tell daddy and maybe we can get some extra money."

VS

Me, "How you doing Todd? Any change in your thinking?"
France, "We're going to stand pat."
Me, "I hate to hear that. I truly do. Well, good seeing you. Have a smiley face day."
Maybe even throw out there that they will be looking into some FA QBs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The fact that they said they wanted a long term deal means they haven't changed much.

Dallas is going to get wrecked on this deal. They will cave to whatever Dak wants.

Every chance they get to give up leverage they do it.

If it's a longterm deal then 38-40 million wouldn't surprise me.
If that happens its gonna be another 10 years of nothing. 5 years of letting Dak play out his contract and another 5 years of building the team back up for the next QB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The fact that they said they wanted a long term deal means they haven't changed much.

Dallas is going to get wrecked on this deal. They will cave to whatever Dak wants.

Every chance they get to give up leverage they do it.

If it's a longterm deal then 38-40 million wouldn't surprise me.
The quote was “No long-term deal expected until CBA gains clarity.” please be responsible when making a declaration. Some people will actually believe you.

shabazz

Reaction score
The Dak hater's minds will explode soon. A press conference will be announced and then the countdown will begin.

I wish that would be the result; but it wont. What we will see, is an inability to sign the players makers we desperately need to get to the SB. 20+ percent of our cap will would be tied up in a non-elite player. MM knows this and that's why Dakota isn't signed as we speak.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe about Dak and Collins. I think the Dak contract is almost agreed to. JJ is likely mad because it will be a 4 year deal.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wish that would be the result; but it wont. What we will see, is an inability to sign the players makers we desperately need to get to the SB. 20+ percent of our cap will would be tied up in a non-elite player. MM knows this and that's why Dakota isn't signed as we speak.
:omg:EXPLODE! lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe about Dak and Collins. I think the Dak contract is almost agreed to. JJ is likely mad because it will be a 4 year deal.

I'm with you.....I think the principals of this thing are 90-95% done. Just who's blinking on the final 5-10%.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm with you.....I think the principals of this thing are 90-95% done. Just who's blinking on the final 5-10%.
Yep and it’s gonna be the 4 year deal JJ don’t want. Unless he ponies up a little more money for a 5 year deal. In my mind Dak has already cost himself money by not signing the contract last year. If he signed a 4 year deal last year at 30-32 he would be going into his second year and would be able to cash in again in a few years. Would have gotten 100+ guaranteed and a fat signing bonus last year.

basel90

Reaction score
Have a feeling Stephen does not want the Dak deal done as he knows Dak isn’t worth the money. But seems Jerry loves Dak . This is tricky and Is part of the son father dynamic .
Any GM targeting a super bowl run knows that paying Dak anything more than 27-28 mil will cost a mediocre team like the cowboys the chance to improve on Defense and Offense . His father already caved last year and overpaid zeke and Dlaw and others . To mediocre results .
This is a dilemma for Stephen . There is no quality back up QB on the roster . Not much cap space . His father doesn’t want Dak gone . If Stephen goes hard against Dak or thinks of going in another direction , his father will overrule him and talk to the media about how the Dak deal will get done .
for the team , Dak is a big gamble. He is mediocre and inaccurate. The irony is that this gamble is getting more expensive every day !!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yep and it’s gonna be the 4 year deal JJ don’t want. Unless he ponies up a little more money for a 5 year deal. In my mind Dak has already cost himself money by not signing the contract last year. If he signed a 4 year deal last year at 30-32 he would be going into his second year and would be able to cash in again in a few years. Would have gotten 100+ guaranteed and a fat signing bonus last year.
+1

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Have a feeling Stephen does not want the Dak deal done as he knows Dak isn’t worth the money. But seems Jerry loves Dak . This is tricky and Is part of the son father dynamic .
Any GM targeting a super bowl run knows that paying Dak anything more than 27-28 mil will cost a mediocre team like the cowboys the chance to improve on Defense and Offense . His father already caved last year and overpaid zeke and Dlaw and others . To mediocre results .
This is a dilemma for Stephen . There is no quality back up QB on the roster . Not much cap space . His father doesn’t want Dak gone . If Stephen goes hard against Dak or thinks of going in another direction , his father will overrule him and talk to the media about how the Dak deal will get done .
for the team , Dak is a big gamble. He is mediocre and inaccurate. The irony is that this gamble is getting more expensive every day !!

giphy.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol no. Dakota isn’t signed because of the cba. A lot of you are in for a rude awakening when you see Dak play in this new offense.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak is going to be franchised!! It's the only thing to do with a greedy agent and player who wants way more than he is worth. It will cost Dallas 27 mil this year and 32 the following year. If Dak chooses to sit out Dallas owns his rights and he will lose two years of not playing football and teams will frown upon what he is doing. Dallas is holding all the cards!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's your own desire for Dak to not get signed for the reasons you assign to Stephen. Leave the father-son dynamic out of this it. It is not as out of phase as you think. You are just plain and simply a Dak hater that has a disjoined opinion of who Dak really is. Dak and Zeke are high-quality performers and so they are costly to retain. But they are the heart and soul of the team. It's your own failure to not be able to see that. But I'm sure you will lose your hatred for them by the time our SB victory party comes around. I view that as a pity because you shouldn't be invited.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak is going to be franchised!! It's the only thing to do with a greedy agent and player who wants way more than he is worth. It will cost Dallad 27 mil this year and 32 the following year. If Dak chooses to sit out Dallas owns his rights and he will lose two years of not playing football and teams will frown upon what he is doing. Dallas is holding all the cards!!!
If Dak is tagged, that's exactly why it would happen... agent asking for too much.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Dak is tagged, that's exactly why it would happen... agent asking for too much.
I cant remember the player but a years ago Dallas passed on a player in the draft because the front office said his agent was too hard to deal with. I wonder if France was his agent.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I cant remember the player but a years ago Dallas passed on a player in the draft because the front office said his agent was too hard to deal with. I wonder if France was his agent.
I wish you could remember the name of the player so we could find out who his agent was. I'd be curious to know if it was France as well.