Signed by Cowboys ***Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott have agreed to new contract***

John813

Reaction score
In his first year, after that what's the outlook? We saved 12 million by paying Dak 160...

His prorated bonus is 13.2 over the next 5 years. So that leaves 94mil for base. Out of that base, 60 mil is guaranteed either fully or for injury.

Since there talk of 2 void years it means they can restructure him next year possibly and take advantage of spreading that bonus out over 5 years.

Imo I expect a high base salary next year that will be prime for restructure. Dak still gets paid regardless.

Otherwords, they can keep his cap hit low for the short term future. Which lines up perfectly with our offensive line and dlaws contract

GoldenR

Reaction score
I want to go to work tomorrow and do an average job and when I'm done I want to get paid Like my co-worker Patrick. They tell me this is what I am worth$ although My co-worker is the CEO of my workplace? Sign me up!! Oh Yeah,I took last year off,I was injured on the job.

Sydla

Reaction score
The 2nd highest paid QB in league history.

And he can't throw an out route.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaQ5DrimWhZlv7BTx4couvnnutnRYKgOm0PQ&usqp=CAU

You are just sad that this signals the end of the 'Nooch era.

Flamma

Reaction score
I guess, but, like I said, other than Gallup, we don't really have any top priority players until Lamb for contract extensions that we have to make. So, if I'm Jerry, I'm saying why not? Let's double down now! Use this time as a chance to rocket this team into a 5 star team.

Gallup, LVE, Connor Williams, Gregory, several others as well. Pretty much anyone still here from the 2018 draft. Are they going to replace them with all rookies over the next 2 years? I really don't know.

Adreme

Reaction score
Regardless of how they report it though Mahomes still effectively has the largest guaranteed contract because he is basically uncuttable because it will ALWAYS be around 40m in dead money to cut him in the best case.

Motorola

Reaction score
As a result of this contract, I want as a result:
1) Four NFC Championship game appearances in the next 7 seasons
2) Three NFC Championships = Three Super Bowl berths
3) Two NFL Championships

Mannix

Reaction score
-------I'll be honest, if they don't fix the defense this offseason somehow, it won't matter what Dak does, they'll go 9-7, 8-8.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dak alibis already here

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry got owned in that negotiation. That deal could have been done a year ago for less. Now, let's get to work on that D!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dak Haters now ...

tenor.gif

Did people not say he was going to get $40M AAV?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He got credit by who? He left in the 3rd quarter of a one score game. He won nothing that day.

The NFL officially gives wins and losses to whichever QB starts a game. It's not fair, but it's true.

For example, in 1995 Troy Aikman threw three passes against the Commanders and left in the first quarter with a calf injury. Even though he hardly played, that game remains a loss in Aikman's career statistics.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
You do realize we have an extra 12mill by him signing the deal right?
We've had that in the past, and still "liked our own" Don't know how correct this is, but we have unused cap room from 2020 about that range. Wasn't spent to help the team at all. This was a lot of coin just spent by JJ, that's why I doubt we'll turn around and go all in like we really should with those savings. They've been clever in how the PR team relays this, been happening for awhile, re-signing our own is the "FA period".

EujQHEzXAAMKtOM