Twitter: Cowboys are 5th in the league in takeaways

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Maybe not having practice squad guys starting in the secondary allows better coverage which gives the pass rush more time to get home? Just sayin.. Though I still don't know what the hell Awuzie was doing on the Jackson TD yesterday.. Why anybody plays off on a 160 pound speed receiver will always be a mystery to me. Dude is a one trick pony.. Play up and get your hands on his little arse (like we did after that stupid play) and you absolutely neuter him. But don't miss that jam at the line or you got problems..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Most coming over the last few games. Guys are starting to swarm to the ball not standing around as they did early in the season. People call it luck? It is not luck, you get enough guys swarming to the ball and the ball carrier good things can happen. As Jimmy said Luck is when opportunity meets preparation.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
this is so misleading. The first 12 games of the year they were ranked 31st in the league. after playing 3 horrendous teams and getting 10 takeaways in 3 games it has catapulted them to looking like they actually create takeaways.
N=Not
F=For
L=Long

DripTooHard

Reaction score
this is so misleading. The first 12 games of the year they were ranked 31st in the league. after playing 3 horrendous teams and getting 10 takeaways in 3 games it has catapulted them to looking like they actually create takeaways.

And how did this team do against good and horrendous teams in prior seasons?

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score

And the league leaders always get all their turnovers against only number 1 QBs and number 1 offenses?

The fact they went from bottom to top 5 shows that it’s a finicky stat. They come in bunches as they say. They also come when you’re not down a lot in the first half of games like we were most of the season.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That's the 25,000 dollar question, especially if this team makes it into the postseason and has a good showing.

I think if the win the division and the D continues to show up like this— it’s likely Nolan will be back. Covid, no offseason, injuries, coaching transition etc... will all be levied as excuses to keep continuity for next year.

While I have been critical of Nolan all year and blamed him for a lot— I have to give credit where credit is due. The D has been playing better and the results are starting to manifest.

That said— at best his year will be a real mixed bag. We definitely have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball. But if the players have finally bought into the scheme and things are starting to click— patience may be the best course of action.

The next few weeks will determine his fate.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Maybe not having practice squad guys starting in the secondary allows better coverage which gives the pass rush more time to get home? Just sayin.. Though I still don't know what the hell Awuzie was doing on the Jackson TD yesterday.. Why anybody plays off on a 160 pound speed receiver will always be a mystery to me. Dude is a one trick pony.. Play up and get your hands on his little arse (like we did after that stupid play) and you absolutely neuter him. But don't miss that jam at the line or you got problems..

Off coverage allows you to get deeper quicker. If you play up and miss against the speed receiver you're going to get absolutely roasted and Jackson is a wily veteran. the safety screwed up and took the underneath route as opposed to doubling the post as he was supposed to.

The secondary is performing very well. Their timing breaking on balls out of their drop has been textbook. Diggs sagging out of his zone in order to get underneath a deep route was savvy. The technique to rip during the tackle has been very successful.

The defensive coaching staff deserves a lot of credit for the turnovers.