Cowboys are All-In on Dak Prescott

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I hope it works like gangbusters. I'd like to watch some playoff wins.
Gots ta shore up dat D though...

stiletto

Reaction score
You build around your QB in this league, if a player doesn't fit or do things he likes...Goodbye. I look for Dak to have a better year than last year with Zeke playing all season and better Oline play. Now if we could just get the defense fixed properly!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dumb question. If you are a regular on this Forum, you already know what happened. If you are playing dumb, then it's only because you have some agenda to push. EVERY SERIOUS FAN knows what happened last year. It's insulting to the rest of us to pretend you don't.

I'm not biting on your troll bait.
:hammer:

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
As they should be. Before everything that could-have-went-wrong went-wrong for the Cowboys, Dak had 49 total touchdowns and 8 interceptions in only 23 games. He’s a future superstar quarterback who’s only in year three and the front office is doing whatever it takes to rebuild the offense around him. The future is very bright with Dak and we’re fortunate to have him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is missing the long deep passing pin point accuracy that many Super Bowl quarters backs have had. If if can get the long pass accuracy down, it will change Cowboy's the game completely if the receivers and offensive line Do Their Duty.

Says who? Based on what? And who is the deep threat that is consistently open that he keeps missing on?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well let us hope they do. Do you have that much faith they would go get another QB? Or sit there with excuses to keep Dak, just as Jerry always has an excuse to keep Garrett.

But I agree, give him this year to prove it.

Dak is the real deal. Its was obvious in preseason his rookie year. And after him breaking record books his first 24 games of his career you would have to be a romo cry baby with an agenda to think otherwise. A 2nd year QB that saw the most important pieces around him disappear the last 8 games of last year. And a coaching staff that was woefully under prepared for it and failed to adjust accordingly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is the real deal. Its was obvious in preseason his rookie year. And after him breaking record books his first 24 games of his career you would have to be a romo cry baby with an agenda to think otherwise. A 2nd year QB that saw the most important pieces around him disappear the last 8 games of last year. And a coaching staff that was woefully under prepared for it and failed to adjust accordingly.

I’m optimistic about Dez, but in fairness he wasnt breaking records in season 2.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m optimistic about Dez, but in fairness he wasnt breaking records in season 2.

His first 8 games he was on pace for 40 TD's and 4000 yards. All improvements from his rookie year. And that was even with the Broncos game in there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And we're thankful he didn't break something else with tyron Smith out...

I glad you picked up I was talking about Dak even though I accidentally typed Dez. And yeah, things were pretty dicey for him with Smith out.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I was lazy to count whole games instead of individual drives. This is down to the drive. It's actually 6.1 fewer points without Zeke, and 14.9 fewer points without the OL starters.

SCORING
with all 5 starting OL

300 points on 115 drives (2.61 points per drive)
27.5 points per game
without
40 points on 48 drives (1.20 points per drive)
12.6 points per game

with Zeke
237 points on 103 drives (2.30 points per drive)
24.2 points per game
without
103 points on 60 drives (1.72 points per drive)
18.1 points per game
:hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree, they're giving him a mix of support and he's got to improve publicly and it's not just Dak that's on the spot, he's got a coaching staff attached to him. If he flames out, it is likely that at least Linehan gets burned and possibly Garrett as well.
That’s assuming it was Garrett and or Linehan who wanted to stay with Dak over Romo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And I agree Cowboys appear all in on Dak. That doesn’t mean as fans we have to be.

We can root him on while offering criticism of his performance.

We can also offer criticism of Cowboys being all in and why .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes I do. If I have learned anything about Jerry is he stands by "His" players
Many fans need something to believe in.

I never really believed in Romo. But he provided hope to many .And initially I thought Dak might be it but after last year it appears he needs more support than Romo did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As usual the success of the team will dictate Daks popularity and sustainability. That’s the life of a QB in the NFL.

Afterall without Dak’s remarkable Rookie season and winning wave we wouldn’t have booted Romo so in the end it’s all about winning regardless if the kid can effectively throw the ball or not.

My bigger concern will be if we continue to struggle how many years will we continue to dig in? Or will Daks popularity with Jerry drive the bus like it did with Romo without more success?

Personally , I believe with our dysfunctional front office and puppetry coaching staff we need a more elite QB to overcome them all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What choice do they have?

If there is even the slimmest chance that you can snag your next franchise QB with a 4th round pick, you'd be an idiot not to give him every possible opportunity to succeed once he's shown any promise at all.
There are other choices. At the very least we could provide some insurance. More than Rush.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t provide Dak every opportunity. My bigger concern is if he’s not developed more in next two years and or we haven’t had any more success we shouldn’t feel like we’re committed to long term.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No question it's a driver with Booger as that's a stamp of approval on Football Man.

They didn't have any choice when they let the mantle fall to Dak and released Romo. They have no choice but to be all in on Dak, as they should be. This is a make it or break it year for a lot of Cowboys, Dak, Linehan and maybe Garrett.
I hope your right but I sense Jerry might still be dug in regardless the results barring a collapse.