Cowboys are currently 2.5-point underdogs for their Week 1 game

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That old 3 points to home team thing is not real anymore.

Maybe in these scenarios:
  • West Coast teams playing early games on East Coast
  • Early season games at Miami
  • Late season games by dome teams at Buffalo or Green Bay

stuff like that
I keep reading that in this thread but no one’s posted any facts to back it up. I’m not saying it’s not true, but I want to see proof.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, by that logic, I guess we call up Chaz Green and see if he's got some time.

"Has success" is a matter of degree, and in this case, the more snaps in which MG has success, the more we don't. You're smart. Not saying anything you don't know to be true.
Only your logic.

plasticman

Reaction score
They say homefield advantage is usually worth about 3 points. Well, that's what they say, I don't personally know that for a fact.

I think it will come down to the performance of their QB, Watson. Will he be the QB he was in 2020 or will time and injury take it's toll?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Cleveland's defense is one of the best units the Cowboys have faced in a few years. Statistically they were very similar to the 49ers last season. And the game on the road. Not facing Chubb is a gift, but this will be a very tough game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would like to know from the big bettors what the thinking is behind the lads' underdog status. Is it QB? Is it Lamb being rusty or the dismal state of our Defence? I trust the bettors' instincts as opposed to high mouth "analysts."
Who's with me, rough lads!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cleveland's defense is one of the best units the Cowboys have faced in a few years. Statistically they were very similar to the 49ers last season. And the game on the road. Not facing Chubb is a gift, but this will be a very tough game.
So start it off here and now and keep it up top shelf difficult. Take 6 of the first 10 and let's go. Both Dallas offense and defense should be tough to go up against.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's customary for the visiting team to be favored by 3 points, on the average. Seeing as how we're only rated 2.5 points as the underdog, we're beating the average by half of a point. With that in mind, it should be a close contest, with the Cowboys definitely having a fighter's chance to emerge on top. Our offense is very capable of beating them on a good day. Avoiding turnovers will be a key factor, as is normally the case. Our defense promises to be improved. With that being the case, a good effort from our offense should pay off. It promises to be a challenge, no doubt,

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Already laying the ground for excuses if the Cowboys win. Nice.
So even if I have a reason we win , you still find something negative about it.

For a person who claims to be " Mr positivity" you sure go out of your way to create something negative.

Hypocrisy at its finest

Rayman70

Reaction score
Watson is erratic passing the rock. Where he's dangerous is when running and escaping the pocket. We must play sound fundamental defense, CONTAIN THE EDGE. Keep him in the pocket. We will lose the game if we don't do this. Its very simple. Make him pass it.

shabazz

Reaction score
Watson is erratic passing the rock. Where he's dangerous is when running and escaping the pocket. We must play sound fundamental defense, CONTAIN THE EDGE. Keep him in the pocket. We will lose the game if we don't do this. Its very simple. Make him pass it.
The big challenge is stopping the run to get Watson to pass and I believe the Browns had a top 6 running attack last season and that was with Chubb only playing the 2 games

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
A field goal, could decide it. I'm countng on Desahaun gifting us a couple picks to help the cause.....a few short fields would be sweet
I’m with you on D.O.

I think he’s going to make some impact plays right away. He seems to have that “I don’t give a ****, I just play hard and make plays to win” , type of player.