Cowboys are currently 2.5-point underdogs for their Week 1 game

shabazz

Reaction score
...so basically, its a 50/50 game. Hopefully, Dak comes out guns blazing, in vengeance mode.
Yeah......I'm thinking "vengeance mode" starts for him in week 2 against the Aints.

Browns defense isn't bottom of the barrel.

Then, it goes away week 3 against the Ravens defense but comes roaring back week 4 against the Gnats.

Just an educated guess on my part ,though.....and I'd be thrilled to be wrong and us 4-0 going against the Steelers in week 5

DFWJC

Reaction score
That old 3 points to home team thing is not real anymore.

Maybe in these scenarios:
  • West Coast teams playing early games on East Coast
  • Early season games at Miami
  • Late season games by dome teams at Buffalo or Green Bay

stuff like that

Praxit

Reaction score
Yeah......I'm thinking "vengeance mode" starts for him in week 2 against the Aints.

Browns defense isn't bottom of the barrel.

Then, it goes away week 3 against the Ravens defense but comes roaring back week 4 against the Gnats.

Just an educated guess on my part ,though.....and I'd be thrilled to be wrong and us 4-0 going against the Steelers in week 5
..yep, that would be something. Real test first 4 games.

Dak did not look to happy last interview..lol.. Maybe it will light the fire, to get smarter about things. ;)..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I seriously think that he thinks Dallas will win.
He may think they’ll win, but he may not want them to win. Doesn’t sound like it from his post. I know from reading this board there’s a number of fans that want the team to tank.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Tough game to predict…both teams have large question marks this season.

Cleveland will be rocking and Watson may turn a corner this season. The Browns are always solid in the trenches and that obviously favors them. If Dallas wins, it will be a bit of a statement.

nobody

Reaction score
The Cowboys tend to do better when they are the underdogs. Let them be the underdogs. Cowboys should pull out a victory. WooO!

_sturt_

Reaction score
Garrett has success against every LT in the league. It's no more of a risk for Guyton than basically anybody else.
So, by that logic, I guess we call up Chaz Green and see if he's got some time.

"Has success" is a matter of degree, and in this case, the more snaps in which MG has success, the more we don't. You're smart. Not saying anything you don't know to be true.

Flamma

Reaction score
Really....if I was a betting man I'd take the Browns, Packers, Vikings and Bucs and screw the points.
I'm not taking anything in week 1. The big variable is, we don't know who is better prepared. Bet nothing in week 1. But if nothing else, McCarthy is better than average at having his team prepared for week 1. Plus he was embarrassed last year. He can't feel comfortable. I'd lean towards the Cowboys with the points. But I won't make a bet.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remain unpersuaded that our rookie LT is going to get through a game with the DPOY w/o having had 4 or more plays of some negative significance.

Worse still, if the knee situation gets exacerbated and forces us to put a 2nd year 5th round pick (!) in there as his replacement... I'm going to up that to 8 or more plays.

Our collective risk aversion... team and fans alike... seems about like a 17 yr-old heading out to the other end of town for a drag race after a few beers. Tempting fate like this to wag its fickle finger at the Dallas Cowboys 2024 edition is bold. And we should have had a real vet in the house that could, at least, provide some insurance.
You’ve taken the negative slant again. I’ll take the positive. I think Guyton’s going to hold his own against whomever he plays. He’ll have a couple bad plays, but he’s not going to be the reason the Cowboys lose no matter how much you seem to wish.