Cowboys are Giving Pollard a Heavier Load than Zeke in '22

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Link (see bold)?

Also, would you think YPC is a relevant stat for goal line situations, lool?
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PollTo00/splits/2023/

And no I don't think it's a big deal if a back only gains a couple of yards on goal to go carries provided a sizeable percentage of said carries end up in the end zone. TP has the same number of TDs in that situation that Zeke has despite having carries it almost 3 times as much in that scenario. Zeke has found paydirt on 1/3 (2 out of 6) of his goal to carries.. Pollard has gotten there 2 out of 17. That's the problem.. and the fact that he is only getting about 27 inches per carry down there kinda tells the tale. It's also interesting that Pollard is already at close to 80% of goal to go opportunities that Zeke got in 2022. Meaning he's getting the call but failing to haul.. At least down close.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
You do realize that's usually what the franchise tag means I mean it's the same thing with Dalton Schultz gonna happen that was the plan he's not gonna be here next year.. I know it's hindsight but they had to do it all over again it would have been better to had signed him for like 2 years $12 million and if he refused it let him walk because if you look at the running back situations in the NFL a lot of the guys who signed who are veterans and who are solid top ten running backs they got less than 7 million per year we paid this guy $10 million and while he's effective he needs to lose carries as well as snaps in order to be himself therefore he's back to being the number two technically and we have no clear cut number one so we need to do a full running back by committee and start giving a lot of the other guys some time on the field for sure...
I do and hope they let him walk.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Here are some reports I generated...

RB_TonyUse2023.jpg

RB_ZekeUse2022.jpg
What should the expectations be for $10 million+?