Cowboys are trying to keep Dan Quinn

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn can be picky. He has to be because no one hires a guy for a third stint as a HC. Ownership in Denver is really iffy. Seattle will be where he wants to land but Carroll doesn't appear to be leaving - however, he is 70 - A really fit and spry 70, but 70 nonetheless. All the current openings have issues.

I read this morning about some huge buyouts for Schneider and Carrol if the new owner in Seattle chose to move on as well.

Denver would have to get a franchise quarterback somewhere, and that's much easier said than done.

To me, the best job is with the Raiders. They have a quarterback and some nice pieces in place, despite some huge draft blunders. And I think Mark Davis would gladly hand over total control to the next coach, just as he did for Gruden.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Is Don Shula a failure? He had Marino and only went to 1 SB with him.
LOL.

Shula coached the only undefeated team in NFL history. Marino is not in Aaron Rodgers class. He was a statue.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Like Don Shula, Sean Payton, Pete Carrol........
I already addressed Shula above. Pete Carrol is currently on the chopping block. Sean Payton is a very bad call(obvious PI) away from taking Drew Brees to two SBs . AR is widely considered the superior player to Drew Brees, Marino and Russel Wilson.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It sounds like the Joneses are doing what they can to keep Dan Quinn on the staff. I hope for all parties they get something done.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-jerry-jones-loves-dc-dan-quinn-amid-hc-buzz

Smart. Out of the 2 coordinators he is the one to keep. The truth is that the offense needs to be revamped from a run first, Zeke dependent offense to a pass first, big play RB type offense.

Moore seems to be making the transition but its happening too slow.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
If Dan Quinn goes, promote Joe Whitt. Quinn is forever saying Whitt is his right hand man and he sees what Quinn has done with the likes of Parsons. I highly doubt Whitt would screw that up....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smart. Out of the 2 coordinators he is the one to keep. The truth is that the offense needs to be revamped from a run first, Zeke dependent offense to a pass first, big play RB type offense.

Moore seems to be making the transition but its happening too slow.

I agree about keeping Quinn if I had to choose between the two.

cowboyec

Reaction score
hope we can keep him.
he's done a helluva job with this defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I read this morning about some huge buyouts for Schneider and Carrol if the new owner in Seattle chose to move on as well.

Denver would have to get a franchise quarterback somewhere, and that's much easier said than done.

To me, the best job is with the Raiders. They have a quarterback and some nice pieces in place, despite some huge draft blunders. And I think Mark Davis would gladly hand over total control to the next coach, just as he did for Gruden.

and at least according to so called draft experts this is not an overly great QB class in 2022 draft.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and at least according to so called draft experts this is not an overly great QB class in 2022 draft.

And I honestly feel that the "have's" and "have-not's" with regard to quarterbacks make that position all the more valuable. If you have one, you're in contention. If you don't, you're not.

I also think that there will be less names on the move after this season than initially thought. After his latest snit-fit, I think Rodgers and the Packers get something done that keeps both he and Adams in town for at least another season. It's pretty clear to me (and I think to them) that Love is not the heir apparent.

I see two names potentially moving on. Watson, we all know, and I think Russell Wilson wants out of the Schneider/Carrol dynamic in Seattle. If both of them stay, I think he tries to force his way out. It's to be determined whether he succeeds however.

But it's clear to me that there are more teams that need quarterbacks than have quarterbacks.

Since Minnesota is blowing things up, they might look to trade Cousins away if they can. He's a solid quarterback, but he's not worth his guaranteed salary. I think the Browns would trade away Mayfield too if they could find any takers.

Aven8

Reaction score
He had Bobby Wagner in SEA, he knows there are more like him out there.

No disrespect to Wagner, who the Cowboys actually wanted in the draft before Sea took him, but he’s not in Parsons league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No disrespect to Wagner, who the Cowboys actually wanted in the draft before Sea took him, but he’s not in Parsons league.
Disagree, he was the best LB in the league for several seasons and Parsons isn't the best at anything.....yet. That SEA D ran because of him, not the DL or Legion of Boom, Bobby Wagner.

Creeper

Reaction score
Again I find myself in the minority, but I am not sure what all the hoopla is about Dan Quinn. Sure, the defense is much improved, but after Nolan anything would be an improvement. Have we forgotten the mess of a defense Quinn had in Atlanta?

It's not that I don't like Quinn, he is a good coach but he has a lot of talent on that defense and adding Parsons in the offseason was a great bit of luck for him. Parsons has turned that defense into a serious threat to any offense. If Quinn leaves I am sure the Cowboys can find a DC who will keep this defense playing at a high level. Just don't hire some washed up coach with a history of failure again.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Looks like the Broncos are interviewing every candidate along with their brother. If I am Quinn I am sayin stuff it...