Cowboys assistants hated parcells

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
this on GAC. a guy(reporter) said that a EX assitant coach in the NFL right now that coached in dallas in the last 4 yrs. said this, and this guy just said it was actually the 2nd conforimed report to him by mouth by a EX coach in dallas, that parcells enviroment @ VR was toxic.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That's Dale Hansen.

While I don't doubt him in this case, he does hate Parcells and looks to bash him at every turn.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow a guy told a guy who knows a guy that everyone hates Parcells ........

Thats good news right there ......

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1329099 said:
That's Dale Hansen.

While I don't doubt him in this case, he does hate Parcells and looks to bash him at every turn.

true, but it might be true. with parcells pushing guys like haley on national tv. u could see how his assistant could hate him.

this sort of brings me back to larry allens interview last after he was released. and saying it was miserable at VR with parcells there. not only for players but coaches

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1329099 said:
That's Dale Hansen.

Bingo

Sean payton said this morning he called parcells before he made the announcment to ask for his advice and parcells told him. He was calling to ask for his advice on how to run a meeting...

Hansen has hated parcells since day 1. There are as many assistants who hate parcells as love him.

Same with belichik and many other big personality coaches.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
It's the nature of the beast....when you have been the man in charge for as long as BP has you are going to step on some toes. Unavoidable.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Cbz40;1329117 said:
It's the nature of the beast....when you have been the man in charge for as long as BP has you are going to step on some toes. Unavoidable.

true but from what dale is saying and larry allens last yr, stepping on an ocasional toe is something, but to create a miserable working enviroment? im not saying that is true, because i dont know, and neither do any of u. but from accounts of people that have been in VR,IE dale and larry. t was pretty bad. of course there are some people that will say otherwise. i guess its all the perception of the person. but i guess i can see both point of views.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
I seriously doubt this but so what. A head strong, opinionated head coach with a dominating personality didn't please everyone, wow who would have thought that.

You know when I was in Marine Corp boot camp I hated every one of the DI's but after I was out I realized they pushed me to do things I wouldn't have believed possible before I joined, being liked by people isn't a required trait to being a leader. As a matter of fact I'd almost be willing to bet that during the heat of the moments few leaders are well liked, it's only after the fact when perspective can be regained that such things can be evaluated.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Dale has been saying that for 3 years and has wanted Bill out for 3 years and sooner or later he was gonna get his wish.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
LatinMind;1329095 said:
this on GAC. a guy(reporter) said that a EX assitant coach in the NFL right now that coached in dallas in the last 4 yrs. said this, and this guy just said it was actually the 2nd conforimed report to him by mouth by a EX coach in dallas, that parcells enviroment @ VR was toxic.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sure it surprises the "one more year" worshippers though.

charlieheel

Reaction score
The one thing Parcells brought was discipline..no more dominos in the locker room, guys that didn't practice..didn't play. If you think Owens was a problem with Parcells he will really spread his cancer under a new coach.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
charlieheel;1329148 said:
The one thing Parcells brought was discipline..no more dominos in the locker room, guys that didn't practice..didn't play. If you think Owens was a problem with Parcells he will really spread his cancer under a new coach.

lol i knew somebody would bring up owens. never fails

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
charlieheel;1329148 said:

This is flawed logic. If he had brought that same discipline to the field then we would not be here wondering where our next HC will come from b/c he would have won us some playoff games. He didn't have anything else in the tank. Goodbye. See Ya. Adios. Sayonara. Arevaderche!

I welcome anyone to prove to me how Parcells "corralled" Owens. Suddently the exodus of Parcells means Owens can't be a team player. Prove it. :rolleyes: I'll sleep on that one.

I'm sure you'll point to how he destroyed the 9ers and Eagles... zzz The changing of TO for the better began in Dallas this year and it didn't have much to do with Parcells.

charlieheel

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1329154 said:
This is flawed logic. I welcome anyone to prove to me how Parcells "corralled" Owens. Suddently the exodus of arcells means Owens can't be a team player. :rolleyes: I'll sleep on that one.
Just wait until a new coach shows up and see how he acts..he will show no respect and be a bigger headache..I think Parcells did a great job with dealing with Owens because he never fueled the fire with the media that other coaches might have and started a bigger deal..just my opinion

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
charlieheel;1329172 said:
Just wait until a new coach shows up and see how he acts..he will show no respect and be a bigger headache..I think Parcells did a great job with dealing with Owens because he never fueled the fire with the media that other coaches might have and started a bigger deal..just my opinion

I think quite the contrary. I believe he will excel in a real dynamic offense that schemes to put its playmakers in position to make the traditional plays they've made throughout their careers (TO/TG). This is what I hope for out of a new offensive midset. I'm going to be totally positive about it. Anything is better than the status quo when the status quo is a stubborn old mule.

charlieheel

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1329183 said:
I think quite the contrary. I believe he will excel in a real dynamic offense that schemes to put its playmakers in position to make the traditional plays they've made throughout their careers (TO/TG). This is what I hope for out of a new offensive midset. I'm going to be totally positive about it. Anything is better than the status quo when the status quo is a stubborn old mule.
I hope you're right but my reasoning that I hate that Parcells is retiring because I have no faith in Jerry being able to hire a replacement that will be an improvement. IMO, the Jimmy Johnson hire was a fluke for him because they were buddies..Every hire since Johnson and before Parcells have been steps back for the organization.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
LatinMind;1329153 said:
lol i knew somebody would bring up owens. never fails

Yep. It never fails.You would think Bill's last name was Owens.