Cowboys assistants hated parcells

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
charlieheel;1329195 said:
I hope you're right but my reasoning that I hate that Parcells is retiring because I have no faith in Jerry being able to hire a replacement that will be an improvement. IMO, the Jimmy Johnson hire was a fluke for him because they were buddies..Every hire since Johnson and before Parcells have been steps back for the organization.

I think Jerry has learned a lesson or two. He won't disappoint.

wileedog

Reaction score
LatinMind;1329104 said:
true, but it might be true. with parcells pushing guys like haley on national tv. u could see how his assistant could hate him.

this sort of brings me back to larry allens interview last after he was released. and saying it was miserable at VR with parcells there. not only for players but coaches

Larry Allen disliked Parcells from the first day of Bill's first mini-camp, and then had just been cut by him before the interview.

He's no more credible in this instance than Hanson.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I have fifty one employees. If forty nine of them don't hate me I'm doing some thing wrong.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Honestly when I worked at Late Night there were a fair amount of people who didn't like Conan or Max Weinberg, office politics are human nature.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
What a shock: the sheep are trying to make this about Hansen instead of his source. Um, Dale ain't the issue.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Aikbach;1329624 said:
Honestly when I worked at Late Night there were a fair amount of people who didn't like Conan or Max Weinberg, office politics are human nature.

Dude I have to ask. I am a huge springsteen nut, Did you get to meet springsteen when he was on any of the times? He has only been on twice that I can remember in the last five years.

one night though he played kittys back with wienberg and the guys on the show..it was great.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
bbgun;1329630 said:
What a shock: the sheep are trying to make this about Hansen instead of his source. Um, Dale ain't the issue.

I can't wait to see you ***** about who ever the new coach is. second thought, yeah I can.

Aikbach

Reaction score
theebs;1329634 said:
Dude I have to ask. I am a huge springsteen nut, Did you get to meet springsteen when he was on any of the times? He has only been on twice that I can remember in the last five years.

one night though he played kittys back with wienberg and the guys on the show..it was great.
Yeah, when I was an intern in college before I was on staff I spent a weekend at Max Weinberg's home up in New Jersey cleaning out his garage and office for him, I needed the cash.

Anyhow ended up riding around in a U-Haul in Red Bank, New Jersey sandwiched inbetween Weinberg and Springsteen, we went to home depot where me and the Boss put a door in the back of the U-Haul and we all drove back to Max's.

It was a pretty crazy day for me, he was super nice, I have his cell phone number now because we all went to get a drink but I have never actually called him.

The funniest thing we did was flip off Jon Bon Jovi when we drove past his house, it was hysterical.

Good times, just goes to show everybody's boss can be nice or not depending on perspective and experiences.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Aikbach;1329668 said:
Yeah, when I was an intern in college before I was on staff I spent a weekend at Max Weinberg's home up in New Jersey cleaning out his garage and office for him, I needed the cash.

Anyhow ended up riding around in a U-Haul in Red Bank, New Jersey sandwiched inbetween Weinberg and Springsteen, we went to home depot where me and the Boss put a door in the back of the U-Haul and we all drove back to Max's.

It was a pretty crazy day for me, he was super nice, I have his cell phone number now because we all went to get a drink but I have never actually called him.

The funniest thing we did was flip off Jon Bon Jovi when we drove past his house, it was hysterical.

Good times, just goes to show everybody's boss can be nice or not depending on perspective and experiences.

So you Springsteen and weinberg went to home depot and picked up a door?

Why would the boss be shopping with max? Kind of strange

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dave_in-NC;1329653 said:
I can't wait to see you ***** about who ever the new coach is. second thought, yeah I can.

Oh it is gonna happen ......

BB is only happy when he is miserable .....

but he's alright .... just look past the pessimism .....

Aikbach

Reaction score
theebs;1329679 said:
So you Springsteen and weinberg went to home depot and picked up a door?

Why would the boss be shopping with max? Kind of strange
I agree, Max is cheap but in a good way.

I was a cheaper hire than a personal assistant would be, I was an intern and so he was just helping me out because he liked me.

Springsteen dropped by and one thing led to another, it was definitely impromptu and surreal.

He advertises himself as blue collar and he pretty much lives up to it.

Red Bank New Jersey is not a swanky place its just their home.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1329138 said:
I seriously doubt this but so what. A head strong, opinionated head coach with a dominating personality didn't please everyone, wow who would have thought that.

You know when I was in Marine Corp boot camp I hated every one of the DI's but after I was out I realized they pushed me to do things I wouldn't have believed possible before I joined, being liked by people isn't a required trait to being a leader. As a matter of fact I'd almost be willing to bet that during the heat of the moments few leaders are well liked, it's only after the fact when perspective can be regained that such things can be evaluated.

Thats fine for boot camp. Could you have imagined if your NCOs at your regular duty station would have acted like your DIs? Now I do admit that good leaders don't have to be well liked, but they shouldn't be dispised either. If they are hated, then something is wrong. Drill Sergeants and Drill Instructors are not well liked, but they don't act like that in regular leadership positions like platoon sergeant or 1st Sergeant.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;1329630 said:
Dale obviously is the issue. When the guy does nothing but rant about Parcells and his hatred, it's very hard to take anything he says seriously. Reporters should realize this when they make themselves part of the story by acting like an arse 24-7.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Aikbach;1329692 said:
I agree, Max is cheap but in a good way.

I was a cheaper hire than a personal assistant would be, I was a nintern and so he was just helping me out because he liked me.

Springsteen dropped by and one thing led to another, it was definitely impromptu and surreal.

He advertises himself as blue collar and he pretty much lives up to it.

Red Bank New Jersey is not a swanky place its just their home.

Springsteen doesnt live in red bank...

He lives in rumson and has a farm in colts neck.

Does max live in red bank? I have seen maxs house in home theater magazine, his theater is incredible.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1329704 said:
Dale obviously is the issue. When the guy does nothing but rant about Parcells and his hatred, it's very hard to take anything he says seriously. Reporters should realize this when they make themselves part of the story by acting like an arse 24-7.

No, you're supposed to consider his source carefully. And unless you can provide some VR sources of your own, I'll stick with Dale.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1329704 said:

Dave_in-NC;1329653 said:

And I can't wait to see you ***** about the old one. Tick tick tick ...

Aikbach

Reaction score
theebs;1329705 said:
Springsteen doesnt live in red bank...

He lives in rumson and has a farm in colts neck.

Does max live in red bank? I have seen maxs house in home theater magazine, his theater is incredible.[/quote} I didn't say Bruce lived there, i was at Max's, Bruce was there however. I didn't see Springsteen's home, after we got back to Max's I was busy cleaning up the office while they left and talked business I presume.

Yeah Weinberg and Bon Jovi both live in Red Bank and Springsteen did as well to my knowledge at one time since Asbury Park is so close, the place is kind of disappointing in person.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LatinMind;1329095 said:
this on GAC. a guy(reporter) said that a EX assitant coach in the NFL right now that coached in dallas in the last 4 yrs. said this, and this guy just said it was actually the 2nd conforimed report to him by mouth by a EX coach in dallas, that parcells enviroment @ VR was toxic.

i don't get the purpose of this. i'm sure there are people out there who hate me also. everyone is an arsehole if you talk to enough people.

while i didn't care for parcells this backtalk to me is pointless and counterproductive. we're in better shape than before he got here, lets get positive and hungry and get after it.

he's gone - dogging him serves no purpose.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;1329709 said:
No, you're supposed to consider his source carefully. And unless you can provide some VR sources of your own, I'll stick with Dale.
When someone seemingly has a personal vendetta against another, you shouldn't take them seriously when they criticize. If Dale wants to be taken seriously he should be a little more deft in his trolling.

The only people that would take him seriously regarding Parcells are (1) people that don't know his history, and (2) people that blindingly believe everything the media spews.