CFZ Cowboys at a crossroads for playoff momentum

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao: at all the ones saying we will miss the playoffs.

But a good laugh is a good laugh. :lmao2:

The only way that happens is a complete collapse with a lot of injuries.

817Gill

Reaction score
Same people predicting missing the playoffs predicted it the last two years.

We may not be a true SB contender, but to look at our roster and conference and think we miss the playoffs is laughable. It would take mass injury or overall disaster to not make the playoffs.

Probably as close to “hating” as an opinion can get. Literally only 2 teams in the conference we could say are better. How we don’t make a 7 team playoff is beyond me.

817Gill

Reaction score
:lmao: at all the ones saying we will miss the playoffs.

But a good laugh is a good laugh. :lmao2:

The only way that happens is a complete collapse with a lot of injuries.
Haha literally bro! Just posted the same thing.

morasp

Reaction score
Playoff games are really good at exposing any weaknesses. Last year ours was pretty obvious. We've lost three starters from that unit and have replaced none of them. Cooks does look like a much needed addition . Stats wise he looks similar to cooper who we had in the first playoff game with the 49ers. Without making any predictions, time will tell how we do in this upcoming season but it still looks like they have a lot of work to do in that area.

Last edited:

lkelly

Reaction score
Seven out of the sixteen teams in the conference make the playoffs. In essence, the top half. You have a reasonable chunk each year that has no chance due to QB incompetence or a run of injuries. Making the playoffs these days feels like hitting .200 in baseball. Recently several teams have made it with losing or .500 records.

Exciting times indeed! Win in the playoffs and the needle moves. Otherwise it's "we're consistently slightly above average."

gtb1943

Reaction score
Barring injuries we should make the playoffs.

Which is certainly better than not making the playoffs.

But to real cowboy fans the playoffs count more.

And there we keep throwing snake eyes.

We have a good if not great coach; the best since BP no doubt. But we are still handicapped by the clown show running things even if this offseason they have done better.

I just do not see where we make the breakthrough that gets us to the NFC Championship game with the real chance of making the Super Bowl.

1 and one or maybe we do make it to the divisional round and that is about it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We have a good if not great coach; the best since BP no doubt. But we are still handicapped by the clown show running things even if this offseason they have done better.

I just do not see where we make the breakthrough that gets us to the NFC Championship game with the real chance of making the Super Bowl.

So if a fan enjoys watching how the season plays out of getting to the playoffs, they are a fake fan?
Is not football about enjoying the games and qualifying for the playoffs. Where anything can happen for any team in any given year.

If you just want the playoffs, then why watch. Just wait until January to start watching. That is what I call a fair weather fan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I mean to me it’s gonna come down to Dak. I don’t think we are the most talented..I don’t think we have the best defense or offense…but whatever shortcomings we have it has to come down to Dak doing what he did against the Buccs. Taking the game over and doing it 3 games straight.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
But obviously it’s hard in this current era of pro football for teams to run up long strings of consecutive playoff appearances.
It may be difficult but it's still much easier today than in the 70's or 80's. Back then there were much, much fewer playoff spots available. The Cowboys streak of consecutive post seasons back then is much more impressive that any streak today.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
History has shown the chances of us NOT making the playoffs is greater than us making the playoffs 3 years in a row. Is that better?
Yeah it’s better lol. It’s also worth noting this team hasn’t had back to back 12 win seasons since the 90s…..until they did it. But I get it. We will see. This team seems to doing what the Garrett era couldn’t.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Clown? He put together a Dynasty...and his organization has demonstrated knowledge of talent and during the past ten years ... have been winners. Two straight 12 win seasons ... with covind and injuries does not deserve bias of contempt without a fan's level of supportive dignity.

75boyz

Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt.
And NO, not a Garrett guy.

But isn't Garrett's 2014 -2016 win/loss regular seasons similar to McCarthy's 2020-2022?
Garrett's just weren't consecutive.

Garrett lost his starting QB in 2015.
But won 12 games before in 2014 and 13 in 2016.(with a rookie QB and got the #1 seed)

McCarthy lost his starting QB his first year in 2020 but then won 12 in 2021 and 2022.

So what's the big bottom line difference in regular season wins and losses that makes this current coaching regime so impressive?

And again, I'm NOT a Garrett guy.