Cowboys blueprint to defeating the Saints, Dallas victory 38-24

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone that does not give the Cowboys a chance, fair enough; but do not disparage those that believe that it can be done. I am of the thought that this team can win if they are not in awe of the Saints as the media and some of the fan base.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if the fans also realize how important that game for cooper was right before the saints game.

Switches up the whole defensive game plan for the aints.

I expect Zeke to have a big game and for Dallas to put up points.

Dallas will win this game. Saints will run into a buzzsaw.

Wow! :omg:

Hey, for the record, I hope both you and @Blackthorn are right, I just don't see how this Cowboys team competes with what I'm seeing as the best team in football.

The Cowboys are improving, but Brees and the Saints look to be playing at another level. I don't see how anyone beats them right now, and that's not a slam on the Cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
no blueprint..LUCK maybe Brees gets hurt early, no way theres a blueprint, they have won what 10 straight? they've beat the best already..right now they are the BEST in the league right now, pretty complete team, they can play our game they dont have to be wide open to win, thats what makes them the best..

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Wow! :omg:

Hey, for the record, I hope both you and @Blackthorn are right, I just don't see how this Cowboys team competes with what I'm seeing as the best team in football.

The Cowboys are improving, but Brees and the Saints look to be playing at another level. I don't see how anyone beats them right now, and that's not a slam on the Cowboys.

I'm not so much looking at the saints. I'm looking at the teams they've played. They haven't played a team like dallas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is the best part/time of being a fan...one doesn't have to justify a thing. He just needs to root with all his heart. That's the great thing with sports, a fan gets to just root...and the Cowboys are good enough that it all proves out satisfying.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I want Dallas to use ball control for two reasons. One, to limit the number of possessions. Two, Keep the defense fresh. I have noticed when the defense gets tired On most teams, they go to zone, and good quarterbacks start picking them apart.
I'm not saying that they shouldn't use it. I just don't think that it will be enough. I think that they can keep from being a blow out but I just don't see them getting the victory.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
In what way(s) specifically?

Most of those teams attempted what you dont do, get into a shootout with the saints. Even if your run game is average you atleast attempt to run the ball.

And of course the saints haven't played against a defense like Dallas so with that said, even the saints do know what to expect against dallas.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
So it has to be either-or for you? I have to either be drinking koolaid and thinking this 6-5 team can beat the best team in football or I'm "negative"? That sounds like a small-minded perspective.

How so? The three wins they've strung together to get to 6-5?

Again, if they're "special", why are they 6-5?

More small-minded talk. This isn't worthy of an answer. If you can't figure it out, that's on you.
45K post... I wonder if he's a fan? Hmmm...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saints defense is playing better than what they did earlier in the season. Their offense was on fire from the start.

However, look at their schedule. Does any of this teams defenses scare you.
Quite a few of those are very injured defenses.
Falcons and Bengals. And the Falcons held them in check pretty well in the dome.

Commanders and Ravens may have been the toughest D's they faced.

Offenses. Well depends which Linehan shows up for us.
Saints faced what 2 good offenses. And one very good offense in a shootout with the Rams.
The others maybe the Vikings and Atlanta who both teams seem to struggle at times.

I won't say we are the best team they faced for an all around team, not close by no means. However, the last 3 games we have played better overall.
Except ST's.

I think we can win, since it is at home. But won't be surprised if we lose by 2 TD's either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of those teams attempted what you dont do, get into a shootout with the saints. Even if your run game is average you atleast attempt to run the ball.

They didn't "attempt" to do that, they were forced to do that because, like everyone else, they couldn't stop the Saints defense. You don't attempt to get into a shootout, you're forced

And of course the saints haven't played against a defense like Dallas so with that said, even the saints do know what to expect against dallas.

Statistically, they've beaten a better defense in the Baltimore Ravens.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet to be seen. They made the iggles look like chumps while we squeaked by on a fg...

Can't compare completely 2 different games. The NFL does not work that way.

Eagles game was at home for them, we played at Philly.

WhoDat21

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a Superbowl caliber defense and the team will send shock waves throughout the NFL with this victory.

The blueprint:
Dallas must dictate the tempo.

TOP- The Saints lost to the Bucs, the Bucs had the TOP. The Saints almost lost to a stout Baltimore defense and ball control offense. In order for Dallas to win the game they must lead in time-of possession. This can be accomplished by Dallas sticking to the run game and being efficient on third downs. Dallas must methodically march down the field. If Dallas can have 4 seven-minute drives for touchdowns they will dominate the TOP. This will also allow our defense to stay fresh.

Feed Zeke- Dallas must establish the run early by feeding Zeke. He needs at least 30 touches.

Play action pass - Since the addition of Cooper, establishing the run is even more critical. The running games causes opposing defenses to stack the box. The world saw how great Cooper can be off play-action passes.

Dak must not take sacks. Timing passes, and quick outlets will mitigate the sack problem the team has had. Dak can’t afford to lose any yardage against the Saints especially when the team approaches field goal range.

When the offense is around mid-field, this is 4 down territory. Dallas has to stay in manageable down and distance. A 3rd and 2 is the perfect scenario. 4th and 1 is a must. Dallas can’t afford to punt the ball back to Brees

Dak must take deep shots down field early. With that being said, the team can’t be foolish either. The Cowboys can’t be predictable.

Dallas must score points with virtually each possession. When the team plays with a lead, the defense benefits greatly.

Dak must protect the football.

Pressure Brees. When the Cowboys blitz, the CBs must play press-man.

Stay out of Zone as much as possible. I know teams go to zone to rest DBs, I get it. However, Brees is a zone killer. Dallas must be mindful of what Brees can do if Brees dictates coverage.

DeMarcus Lawrence and Gregory must have career games. Brees, just like all QBs, get rattled when sacked, Dallas must him early and often.

Jaylon and “Wolf Hunter” must account for the RBs. Jeff Heath will play a huge role in limiting Kamara.

The defense must create turnovers to win. Dallas must limit the scoring opportunities that Brees has.

Dallas victory 38-24

If Payton has some compassion for his old boss, we may just beat yall by 15. You have to be a real homer to believe that dak and that offense can keep up with drew and the saints. I rooted for dallas to beat atl and i remembered dak holding the ball toooo long alot and other errors. The Saints have faced better offenses this year and the defense has improved alot every game since the apple trade. Brandon marshall and trequan smith will be back this game and thatll be more weapons. You have to pick your poison. Once we go up 14-0 in the 1st quarter, zeke will be irrelevant. The Saints offense are the Golden st warriors of the nfl and brees is steph curry. Once your offense goes 3 and out..its a wrap