Cowboys book reveals Jerry Jones is 'averse to starting over with a new coach'

Reaction score
owning a team is an investment for the billionaire boy's club. you pony up a few billion dollars for the team. the team makes a billion a year from revenues. quick roi. you want a new stadium? the city of choice will pony up big money. it will give you tax abatements. the league ponies up. you make a fortune off private suite sales. all that is required is the vision to see the financial potential of ownership. Vanderbilt wasn't a railroad engineer. but he saw the profit of a railway system. Carnegie didn't work in the forges. but he knew the profit of steel. jerry's problem is he gets involved in minutia like hiring coaches. that is best left to others.
The difference between Jerry and the examples you give is that the Cowboys are not a business to him.

The Cowboys are his personal plaything that just happens to make trainloads of money.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I doubt anyone needed a book to tell them that Jerry was averse to hiring another coach.

The fact that JG has been large and in charge for the past eight years is living proof of it.

cern

Reaction score
The difference between Jerry and the examples you give is that the Cowboys are not a business to him.

The Cowboys are his personal plaything that just happens to make trainloads of money.
don't think for one minute he doesn't think about the money aspect the cowboys bring to him. the new facility, the star in frisco, was made possible, only because of the popularity of the cowboys. and he's made a fortune from the real estate ventures there. he's also very active in attempting to bring the new amazon multi billion facility to the frisco area. I hope he succeeds. when I first found out about it 2-3 years ago, I purchased over 100 acres for residential construction. if amazon comes in, i'll be smiling.

Eddie

Reaction score
His best chance of winning is to hire a coach who knows how to win.

His best chance of winning is to hire a GM who knows how to win.

There fixed it for you ...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hey, but it's cool though right, guys? Jerry doesn't run the team anymore remember?

He's going to be so pissed when Stephen and Will McClay decide to make a coaching change.
Lol

Maybe all fans will finally get it. I doubt it and not sure it matters. Jerry’s the pusher and the Cowboys is our drug.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy fans are football junkies. We support the biggest joke of a franchise this era with Jerry’s dysfunctional ways.

The Cowboys have won 88 games in the last 10 years, and Cleveland has won 38 over the same period. The Cowboys have been disappointing for sure, but they far from the biggest joke of a franchise in this era.

csirl

Reaction score
Article is right about Garrett being a survivor. He'd survive a nuclear war at this rate - should be renamed the cockroach :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 88 games in the last 10 years, and Cleveland has won 38 over the same period. The Cowboys have been disappointing for sure, but they far from the biggest joke of a franchise in this era.
Biggest joke in how they’re ran .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cleveland has had a losing record 22 of the last 25 years. How does that translate into the Browns being run better than the Cowboys?
Because at least with a more normal NFL organizational leadership they have a greater opportunity of eventually overcoming.

I doubt even the Browns fans would want Jerry as their owner and GM.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because at least with a more normal NFL organizational leadership they have a greater opportunity of eventually overcoming.

I doubt even the Browns would want Jerry as their owner and GM.

But your comment wasn't about potential to overcome, it was that the Cowboys have been the biggest joke of this era. Whatever you think the Browns "might" be able to become doesn't change the fact they have been a much bigger joke than the Cowboys. It's not even close.

Even if you had been talking about potential to overcome, what's the time table? The Browns have had a long, long time to do a better job of overcoming, but in the end 22 losing seasons in 25 years doesn't exactly support the idea that they are better able to overcome than the Cowboys.

ESisback

Reaction score
But your comment wasn't about potential to overcome, it was that the Cowboys have been the biggest joke of this era. Whatever you think the Browns "might" be able to become doesn't change the fact they have been a much bigger joke than the Cowboys. It's not even close.

Even if you had been talking about potential to overcome, what's the time table? The Browns have had a long, long time to do a better job of overcoming, but in the end 22 losing seasons in 25 years doesn't exactly support the idea that they are better able to overcome than the Cowboys.
No, but it supports his agenda. Everything bad is Jerry’s fault, and anything good is either dumb luck or someone else’s doing. He thinks he can affect change on the Cowboys.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Seems like” “may be” nothing much to see here. Just a little cashing in on the team’s audience.