Cowboys bring in a possible draft target WR for a visit

cowboyec

Reaction score
Hmm..not bad. Way to think logically. I may like that ok.
if they are serious about wanting Sutton....and think they can trade their 2nd for Thomas....they take Sutton at 19 because they cant get him in the 2nd.
also....it explains why they havent really looked at alot of LBs considered 2nd Rders....most are 3rd or 4th Rders.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I see us taking WR in second. Maybe 3rd. Our FO don’t seem very worried about our WR situation and not many rookie WR make a immediate impact there rookie year.

No way we wait until 3rd round to pick a wr.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It all depends on what you want in another WR.
Ridley runs great routes, but has flaws. Is he that different from some of the receivers we have?
Was D.J. Moore a big time performer against good competition? Is Anthony Miller another slot receiver?

If the choice is Sutton, it will likely because he brings the physical mismatch they want as a possession receiver and in the red zone. It’s sort of like the RB discussion. Do we want the best RB available who can be the main guy, or do we want a 3rd down, change of pace back?

It’s not always just about the highest ranked guy by the media. It’s who best fits what each team is looking for. I think we are doing our work on guys that could be there as a trade down option.

Agree and I don't necessarily believe we need a burner speed wise. Give me one who runs good routes, get's separation off the line, can come out of his breaks, show Dak his number and catch. I don't care about combine speed. Show me playing speed and that's not Sutton's strength. Who's the best X receiver? Ridley, hands down. Not a great WR class. Very little difference from #1 (consensus is Ridley) through the top 5. Not necessarily a bad thing. They don't have to come in and ball right away. I like Moore's ability on ST's as a return guy. He'll probably be there in the second round in a trade up scenario or late first in a trade down scenario. Not taking him at 19 unless he's the best player available

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
As far as ET, I'm not giving up a 1'st AND 2'nd for him. I'm not convinced he wants to leave Seattle. If I could trade down in the first and get a second maybe. No one is gonna bite on that though. We'll be lucky to get a 3'rd rounder in a trade down. We got a 3'rd when we traded down for Freddy

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Gonna be a wery interesting draft

latest

cowboyec

Reaction score
I just don't like giving up high draft picks for s 29-30 year old player..at any position. Its very risky. A 4th? YES..in a heartbeat.
dont disagree BUT that would be a helluva start to draft day 1....Cowboys come out with their WR in Courtland Sutton and veteran S Earl Thomas.
maybe thats the splash everyone keeps refering to.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
just a what if.

they make a trade for Earl Thomas with pick 50...@19 draft Sutton.
get OG Braden Smith or LB Fred Warner in the 3rd.

dont think many would have a problem with Sutton in the 1st.
:rolleyes:. 'Copy' :rolleyes:

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
At 19 he would be a horrible pick. I wouldn’t want him until the 3rd, which won’t happen. Another guy with ok Speed and no separation. No thanks.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
No way we wait until 3rd round to pick a wr.
Hey,PJ,,,If #88 were above ground & still on the roster, would you be copesthetic with fielding what we currently have in the standing formation going into the season?
That fellow member @Texas_Pete reposted a tweet from somebody earlier this morning with the comparable past 3 years production between Bryant & Hurns,,,,man! Those 'numbers' are definitely worth a minute of anybody's time to study upon.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
just a what if.

they make a trade for Earl Thomas with pick 50...@19 draft Sutton.
get OG Braden Smith or LB Fred Warner in the 3rd.

dont think many would have a problem with Sutton in the 1st.

gag at sutton. How does Dez II make this a Dak friendly offense when Dez I didn't? Different attitude doesn't change the fact that he's not a great route runner, plays slower than his 40 time which isn't fast and good CB's contested throws at him. His measurables say Dez, his rout running says Dez and his body type is Dez

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hey,PJ,,,If #88 were above ground & still on the roster, would you be copesthetic with fielding what we currently have in the standing formation going into the season?
That fellow member @Texas_Pete reposted a tweet from somebody earlier this morning with the comparable past 3 years production between Bryant & Hurns,,,,man! Those 'numbers' are definitely worth a minute of anybody's time to study upon.
Good question.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
gag at sutton. How does Dez II make this a Dak friendly offense when Dez I didn't? Different attitude doesn't change the fact that he's not a great route runner, plays slower than his 40 time and good CB's contested throws at him. His measurables say Dez, his rout running says Dez and his body type is Dez
Is his attitude Dez?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Get Thomas for a 4th round pick and a player to be named and I'm happy. That's an even trade IMO. Seattle hasn't exactly set the world on fire over the last 4 years drafting and deal making. They are mishandling this thing with Thomas. They guessed wrong and now the market value for Thomas is dwindling. If Seattle is smart they are calling Dallas now and saying Mia copa...and "lets make this happen." Its up to them. If they call and lower their price to a 2nd..I'm countering with a 4th and a player. That should make this thing happen.