Cowboys bring in a possible draft target WR for a visit

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Get Thomas for a 4th round pick and a player to be named and I'm happy. That's an even trade IMO. Seattle hasn't exactly set the world on fire over the last 4 years drafting and deal making. They are mishandling this thing with Thomas. They guessed wrong and now the market value for Thomas is dwindling. If Seattle is smart they are calling Dallas now and saying Mia copa...and "lets make this happen." Its up to them. If they call and lower their price to a 2nd..I'm countering with a 4th and a player. That should make this thing happen.
Getting Thomas for a 4th would fill my heart with blood.
I would breathe clean air.
My cruddy shoulder would stop hurting.

My smile would be sexy as hell...

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
dont disagree BUT that would be a helluva start to draft day 1....Cowboys come out with their WR in Courtland Sutton and veteran S Earl Thomas.
maybe thats the splash everyone keeps refering to.

A trade down for Moore and a third round pick. Would that temp Seattle. They really are in the drivers seat here. Yes Earl wants more money. It has nothing to do with him wanting to play in Dallas. They're playing the game. Not with my chess pieces. I'd like to see Thomas here but the clock is ticking to draft dy and I haven't heard anything new. Tick tock tick tock

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Get Thomas for a 4th round pick and a player to be named and I'm happy. That's an even trade IMO. Seattle hasn't exactly set the world on fire over the last 4 years drafting and deal making. They are mishandling this thing with Thomas. They guessed wrong and now the market value for Thomas is dwindling. If Seattle is smart they are calling Dallas now and saying Mia copa...and "lets make this happen." Its up to them. If they call and lower their price to a 2nd..I'm countering with a 4th and a player. That should make this thing happen.

You think they're mishandling this with Earl? I say they're playig hard ball. Is Earl and his agent saying go out and shop me around? It sure doesn't look like it.He's still under contract and either asking for more money than they want to give him or a contract extension. I suppose he could hold out and not play at all BUT that's not a great thing for your image and he'll be another year older after the hold out, Maybe Seattle wants to get rid of him and the asking price will come down but it's April 18 and the clock is ticking. What would you do if you were in the teams shoes Rayman?

zerofill

Reaction score
Just because the WR crop this year isn't all that great, doesn't mean these guys are all of a sudden 1st round draft picks, just because you are scared someone might snatch him. We don't even need anymore WRs. Wait til next year to draft one. We need things like DT, LB, OT, way more then we need to take a chance on lack luster WRs. If we want to take a chance do it in the 3rd and 4th rounds then.

zerofill

Reaction score
Actually if we could get a beast of a DT that can be plugged right in... imagine what that will do for DLAW and Irving... Our secondary will look all pro...

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm ok with a WR in the first but it would involve a trade down and a third round pick. If no takers, I might move up for Moore in the second. Doesn't matter what I'd do though. Your answers and thoughts are as good as mine

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because the WR crop this year isn't all that great, doesn't mean these guys are all of a sudden 1st round draft picks, just because you are scared someone might snatch him. We don't even need anymore WRs. Wait til next year to draft one. We need things like DT, LB, OT, way more then we need to take a chance on lack luster WRs. If we want to take a chance do it in the 3rd and 4th rounds then.

Plus, we need to make sure we have a QB who can use his wrs effectively. I'm not buying Dak any new toys until he can start finding some of the one's he's got open downfield. There has been way too much criticism of witten and wrs. Dez was apparently viewed as a hinderance to Dak's development. Well, we'll see but don't go reaching for a weak crop of wrs in round 1.

zerofill

Reaction score
Plus, we need to make sure we have a QB who can use his wrs effectively. I'm not buying Dak any new toys until he can start finding some of the one's he's got open downfield. There has been way too much criticism of witten and wrs. Dez was apparently viewed as a hinderance to Dak's development. Well, we'll see but don't go reaching for a weak crop of wrs in round 1.

Exactly...

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Doesn't get much separation. Playing speed isn't fast. not much burst at the second or third level, good CB's contest his catches, relies on body type and coasts in routes. Sounds like someone we used to know :). Not at 19, 50 maybe. Hopefully not. Dezzie II without the 'tude

According to half this board this makes him a must pick, since they're still crying about us cutting Dez.

zerofill

Reaction score
According to half this board this makes him a must pick, since they're still crying about us cutting Dez.

If Hurns is healthy, and can play at the level he did in '15... Beasley, I know is still good underneath, Witten can still get the job done, and Twill is good enough. Plus you have Zeke running the ball again, and then Dak still can't put the ball where it needs to be, time to move on in my book. We still have enough weapons, if our wonderful staff puts them in a position to win, that there should be no excuses. We fall apart again, and Garrett starts talking about the process, he needs to be institutionalized.

Not to mention Hurns should be better then any of these receivers up for grabs. At least this year.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
cmon.
seems like a good guy with a good head on his shoulders.
grew up on a farm.
easy to root for.

Grew up on a farm? I'm all in. Can he pull a plow? Pull teats? Keep the gals calves together? Hired!! Hell, if he can change the weather, I'd hire him today

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not interested in any WR at 19 but second round I'll be looking at who are left. I'd like defense in the first.