Cowboys bring in a possible draft target WR for a visit

Rayman70

Reaction score
You think they're mishandling this with Earl? I say they're playig hard ball. Is Earl and his agent saying go out and shop me around? It sure doesn't look like it.He's still under contract and either asking for more money than they want to give him or a contract extension. I suppose he could hold out and not play at all BUT that's not a great thing for your image and he'll be another year older after the hold out, Maybe Seattle wants to get rid of him and the asking price will come down but it's April 18 and the clock is ticking. What would you do if you were in the teams shoes Rayman?
Good point. But at some juncture you,as the GM and owner must realize the reality of this situation and the distraction it may cause to the team if this is held over the teams head during all offseason heading into preseason. Nothing good will come from it. So..if it were me(Seattle)...I would rather get something close to equal value back in return for Thomas. Otherwise,it will bite the team on the arse after the season and they get nothing. I just think they are gambling that he will stay...but I think they are dead wrong. He wants out..and I think he might hold out to do it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Cowboys have brought in WR Cortland Sutton for a visit. Might be our pick at #19. Sutton has also visited the Eagles and Bears.
hearts.png

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Getting Thomas for a 4th would fill my heart with blood.
I would breathe clean air.
My cruddy shoulder would stop hurting.

My smile would be sexy as hell...
,,,,HEY BABY! JUMP IN THE BACK OF MY FORD,,,I'M GONNA,,,,:cool:( hug you & kiss you& squeeze you some more,,,er,,,, I'm too drunk to tool thru rent a dateville anyway,,, west Texas corso casing-liner that you areo_O,,,,
* this firepower was drawn from the foreward #2 magazine servicing THE immortal TED NUGENT constellation Cannon.
:yourock::thumbup::yourock:

Last edited:
Reaction score
They need a quick/fast receiver who can take the top off a defense, but not at 19. LB is my preference, since Lee is getting older & there is little depth there. I believe Malik Collins is a quality DT, but he needs a quality DT3 beside him. So, I would take Rashaan Evans, LB, 'Bama at 19, and D.J. Chark, WR, LSU at 50. This is one of the deepest DT classes in a long time, & they can get a quality one at 81, like B.J. Hill, N.C. St., or Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hayes St.

ICP

Reaction score
Yuch, Evans at 19 and try to trade up in the 2nd for DJ Moore if possible

zerofill

Reaction score
They need a quick/fast receiver who can take the top off a defense, but not at 19. LB is my preference, since Lee is getting older & there is little depth there. I believe Malik Collins is a quality DT, but he needs a quality DT3 beside him. So, I would take Rashaan Evans, LB, 'Bama at 19, and D.J. Chark, WR, LSU at 50. This is one of the deepest DT classes in a long time, & they can get a quality one at 81, like B.J. Hill, N.C. St., or Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hayes St.

Maliek is only 23 years old he showed flashes... We draft another DT that is a beast, with Irving and DLAW there... it is game on! Opposing QBs in pain, and they will start calling our secondary the best in the league, even if they are nowhere near it. Then I want a LB, and an OT... after that they can go get all the WRs that will never get anywhere, all they want.

cowboyec

Reaction score
gag at sutton. How does Dez II make this a Dak friendly offense when Dez I didn't? Different attitude doesn't change the fact that he's not a great route runner, plays slower than his 40 time which isn't fast and good CB's contested throws at him. His measurables say Dez, his rout running says Dez and his body type is Dez
I just want him to be Courtland Sutton.
he may not even be the pick.
I see Hurns as the Dez replacement.
They see something they like...dont know if Dez has anything to do with that.
In fairness,Sutton fits the proto-type.
what he is or isnt,is up to him.
I am not gonna act like Ive watched alot of Smu...but what Ive seen and heard...I like.
Dez should not keep us from drafting 6-3 receivers.
Like I said....I just want him to be Courtland Sutton....and there is same amount of chance he's a solid pick as there is he isnt.
same holds true whoever ends up being the pick.
My final point......this should not be a surprise.
They have been walking the earth,pillar to post looking at WRs.....before Dez was released.
They are remaking this WR corps.
Noah Brown....maybe Courtland Sutton and Switz are the future as I see it.
But they were always going to take a WR early.
We all saw it coming.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Grew up on a farm? I'm all in. Can he pull a plow? Pull teats? Keep the gals calves together? Hired!! Hell, if he can change the weather, I'd hire him today
Im just saying he seems like a good kid.
lets not torch the guy just because he is a WR...not directed at you...just in general.
seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I hope this team can identify that Ridley is better than Sutton.
he is...but we may not get a shot at him.
baltimore most likely....but Im tellin ya...watch Arizona...Ridley could easily be their pick.
and would anyone be surprised if Green Bay took him or DJ Moore to replace Jordy Nelson?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Cowboys have brought in WR Cortland Sutton for a visit. Might be our pick at #19. Sutton has also visited the Eagles and Bears.

Was curious where he's rated in overall lists. Have checked a couple so far.

Gil Brandt has him 33rd overall. ndtscouting has him at 36th. Brugler has him at 53. Jeremiah has him at 47.

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score

Gil Brandt has him 33rd overall. ndtscouting has him at 36th. Brugler has him at 53. Jeremiah has him at 47.

Later in the 1st round, or early in the second round from most things I have seen. Although a bunch of mock drafts have us picking him at 19.

I know without even checking my crystal ball, that he will be wearing NFL DBs on him like shirts... he will never be open in the way Dak wants someone to be open. Would just be a wasted draft pick.

DHCBF66

Reaction score

Defense in the 1st please please please, LBer, Vita Vea, safety, Vita Vea or Vita Vea!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Im just saying he seems like a good kid.
lets not torch the guy just because he is a WR...not directed at you...just in general.
seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

He seems to have some deficiencies but hey, he doesn't have to step right in take over the wr group. We have 6 experienced WR's and as you say there are some things to like about him. We have a new WR coach, maybe he can sharpen up his routes and play a little faster with experience. You make good points cowboyec. Too soon to get down on a player we've barely seen

cowboyec

Reaction score
He seems to have some deficiencies but hey, he doesn't have to step right in take over the wr group. We have 6 experienced WR's and as you say there are some things to like about him. We have a new WR coach, maybe he can sharpen up his routes and play a little faster with experience. You make good points cowboyec. Too soon to get down on a player we've barely seen
now after all this watch the 9ers or cards take him ahead of us:lmao2: