Cowboys By No Means Out on Earl Thomas

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
OMG!!!!

I wish dallas would stop turning everything into a 12 episode drama season

Either bring in thomas and get a deal done or like your own guys

Either one this whole maybe she does or maybe she doesn’t ITS OLD!!!
Dallas can ask and offer, but its the agent and player making this into drama. But they need to do whats best for them like the team does. If it gets old dont turn in. Its the offseason and this is how it always is.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They have 31 mill in cap space.

Not even close to being broke.

They don’t want him back.
Then why did they turn down a trade for a 2nd round pick last year?

At the trade deadline Dallas offered our 2019 second rounder and Seattle said NO.

So if they don’t want him back, why did they turn down a 2nd round pick?

lukin2006

Reaction score
All of this is based on what teams want them to know, they're not getting any scoops. He is still a Seahawk until FA starts so I don't know how either could be in a bidding war at this point. And then this info could be coming from the agent trying to get something started. These are the two teams connected to Thomas so there is nothing new here.

Thanks for the explanation...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
OMG!!!!

It's call the Art of the Deal.

Our President wrote the book.

It's like with North Korea.

No deal?

We can afford to wait.

Can you?

It is not like we are missing anything doing this.

Richard was his coach in Seattle so he knows the defense.

This could take until summer.

:popcorn:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see this every year . It never happens .

How would we know this? They don’t hold press conferences to publicallyntalk through every detail of the contract and explain how much each detail factored into the decision.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG!!!!

Dallas isn’t making it a drama, fans and the media are. Dallas will make its decision like other teams do.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Give him the 15 million but make his 2nd year an option we can choose to pick up. So it’s basically a year 15 million dollar deal with the option to make it 2 years if he performs.

Hardline

Reaction score
How would we know this? They don’t hold press conferences to publicallyntalk through every detail of the contract and explain how much each detail factored into the decision.
We know this because every free agent would go to a no income state if it did,

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We know this because every free agent would go to a no income state if it did,

Lol, so your argument is that their are enough rosters spots and enough cap space with the teams in states with no income tax to accommodate every free agent in every year? Come on ...

Besides, nobody said it would be the only factor a free agent would consider, but it makes no sense to think it isn’t a t least one factor. It very definitely does affect the dollars a player gets to keep.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doit. Make it incentive based. Pro bowl , interceptions. Playoff wins, Super Bowl, games played. Whatever. We need this guy.

Nice to say but ET wants guaranteed money not incentives.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lol, so your argument is that their are enough rosters spots and enough cap space with the teams in states with no income tax to accommodate every free agent in every year? Come on ...

Besides, nobody said it would be the only factor a free agent would consider, but it makes no sense to think it isn’t a t least one factor. It very definitely does affect the dollars a player gets to keep.
I'm talking about the top tier free agents.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give him the 15 million but make his 2nd year an option we can choose to pick up. So it’s basically a year 15 million dollar deal with the option to make it 2 years if he performs.

Fans like to lay things out as if the Cowboys can just make those choices, but ET is looking for what may be his final big payout, not a one year deal.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm talking about the top tier free agents.

Again, nobody said it would be the only factor, and, again, why wouldn’t it be at least one of the factors considered? How can you explain a player being willing to fight tooth and nail for every dollar, but not care at all if he loses a sizable amount of those dollars to taxes? That makes no sense at all.

And, again, there isn’t roster or cap space for every top tier agent. The Cowboys, Seahawks, Texans, Dolphins and Buccanneers are currently the only teams in states with no income tax. 5 teams can’t absorb every top tier free agent that ever come ps available. Hell, none of those teams even care to pursue every one.

GenoT

Reaction score
The broken leg is meaningless, ligaments are fine. Your bones don't deteriorate at 30.....

Safeties can play at a high level until they are 34-35. And this isn't complicated, Thomas wants out of Seattle - did you not see him flip them off on national TV?
Thank you for your expert opinion on this particular case, Doctor!

Big difference in “can play” and “will play” at a high level.

Did you ever think that maybe he wants out because Seattle’s made it very clear, since the end of the 2017 season, that they’re not gonna pay him what he thinks he’s worth?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to get this sorted out before the wave of new talent comes crashing down upon us tomorrow.

At the minimum we're going to need one volunteer to report all the offensive signings and another for the defense. We'll also need someone to handle the roster updates. You can have an assistant.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Thank you for your expert opinion on this particular case, Doctor!

Big difference in “can play” and “will play” at a high level.

Did you ever think that maybe he wants out because Seattle’s made it very clear, since the end of the 2017 season, that they’re not gonna pay him what he thinks he’s worth?

I'm not playing doctor, it was a clean break

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-s...omas-broken-leg-no-ligament-damage-122745273/

And every signing comes with a risk - simple fact is, 30 is not old for a safety. And whether Seattle wanted to give him the money he thought he was worth or not is irrelevant now, he is now on a market full of quality safeties - he's not going to get a huge contract. Every team desperate for a safety could get them a safety without needing to pay out the butt.

Which is why, if we miss out on a safety in this free agency, our front office is dumb.

Techsass

Reaction score
People don’t seem to realize that states with no state income tax make up for it in other taxes such as very high property and sales taxes. Players may come out ahead in no income tax states but not nearly by as much as some seem to think. That’s why it doesn’t seem to be as big a deal as some fans think it should.
NYC, Chicago, LA & San Fran all have a higher sales tax than Dallas does. I think they get to deduct their state income taxes from their federal tax.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Out? No

Willing to pay 13-15 a year? Hell no

Skins and Giants are interested as well. Would be awful playing him twice a year

I bet earl hates the skins. I doubt he goes there. The fan in him wont let it happen that way.