Cowboys By No Means Out on Earl Thomas

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Really?

I thought Thomas was the best in Pro Football?!?

Seahawks must not think so.
Salary cap, Salary, age, plus recent injury history.

Same reasons Dallas hasn’t signed yet. WHEN he is on the field, he’s the best FS in football IMHO. That’s the problem, he hasn’t been on the field much the past 2 years.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Salary cap, Salary, age, plus recent injury history.

Same reasons Dallas hasn’t signed yet. WHEN he is on the field, he’s the best FS in football IMHO. That’s the problem, he hasn’t been on the field much the past 2 years.

Plus he seems to have problems with managent. (He flipped off the team while being carted.)

I've worked with guys like that. Poison.

That's why the Steelers cut AB lose.

I think we pass. He'd take up half the cap just to sign him.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Plus he seems to have problems with managent. (He flipped off the team while being carted.)

I've worked with guys like that. Poison.

That's why the Steelers cut AB lose.

I think we pass. He'd take up half the cap just to sign him.

Thomas is nowhere near AB and his issues with management was not getting a deal done sooner with him.

It's the same crap people don't understand about the AB situation either - this all comes down to players looking out for their future, so of course when they lose out on guaranteed money or they don't have that anymore, they will make a fuss and want to go somewhere they can get it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

When Earl Thomas starts flirting and Dallas does zero, do not be surprised.

I trust Anderson's report far more than someone like Fisher who basically serves as a propaganda machine to keep the natives calm.

He has already paved the way saying that they will "try". Well, "trying" could be as simple as naming their figure and getting rejected.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Luscious Lips Slater reporting the Cowboys aren't in on Earl Thomas "right now".

Yeah, but what about 15 minutes from now, toots?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some have clung to a fantasy that ET's first priority is to be a Cowboy. His first priority is to get paid.

All things being equal he'd likely pick Dallas.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Out? No

Willing to pay 13-15 a year? Hell no

Skins and Giants are interested as well. Would be awful playing him twice a year

Yup. Some fans talk about his age and his injury...see how old and hurt he looks when he's picking Dak off twice per meeting like he did last season.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Texans throwing honeybadger 9.5M.... ET is significantly better. will JJ throw 12-15M to ET?

Alexander

Reaction score

This really sounds like a player who is prepared to take a reasonable offer because he wants so badly to be a Cowboy.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
He will lose millions in taxes going to California rather than staying in Texas

Alexander

Reaction score
Screw that. Now we're back up to 15M per again.

I'd offer Honey Badger 11M per and be happy. He's younger and would still be a big upgrade at a cheaper price.
The Texans already offered him $9.5M and he wants to play the market.

Alexander

Reaction score
He will lose millions in taxes going to California rather than staying in Texas
And you honestly think players think this way? If so, Dallas would have a competitive advantage.

Psst. We don't.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
This place is going to be a real treat come week one when Jeff Heath is still a starter