Cowboys Camp Construction 'Crosses A Line!’ - Irate Oxnard Residents

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah and many have moved and are still moving to Texas. :banghead:
So many people move away from Ca for one reason.... its cheaper to live somewhere else. There is a reason it is cheaper to move somewhere else. Since so many can now work from any location... it makes it easier.

My wife works from home now.... since pandemic started. This week, she is visiting family in Jersey and didnt have to take time off of work. She works from her Aunt's house all day and gets to visit with everyone all week and not have to take any time off of work. Dont kid yourself about people leaving Ca in droves... it isnt happening.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
why would the cowboys need new buildings?
and common sense would tell you to talk to those residents first.
uhm.... you clearly have no clue about the facility. Those houses have all been built in the last few years. Cowboys training camp has been going on for much longer than those houses have been around. You bought knowing damn well every year you are going to have this training camp.

nah, those people can deal with it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The people complaining are Cowboys fans that in the past watched practice from their residences and balconies.

The structure blocks their view of practice. I've never been to Cowboys camp in Oxnard, but have seen the person and his Cowboys flag that this one individual that is upset is talking about. You can understand why he is upset that he can no longer view camp from his home. No, it's not his right to view camp from his home, but he has done it for years, and to suddenly cut him off from that with no notification is wrong.

The Cowboys should have spoken to the residents of the area and explained the new structure. Then when they heard feedback, they could have moved the structure to another location on the practice fields, that isn't blocking views. This still can be done and hopefully will be.
They owe those home owners NOTHING. Thats like saying the Cubs should pay the owners of those buildings that used to sit out on top in left field and watch games for free.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If the Cowboys training camp is not actually crossing over property lines then these people are complaining just to get attention. There is nothing legally they can do about it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why would the cowboys need new buildings?
and common sense would tell you to talk to those residents first.
They are not new buildings. They are temporary structures. A stage type thing for cameras. The city then asked them to put up the tents type thing.

Amazing how many still want to blame Jerry and the team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
THIS IS SO DUMB-

"This year, though, the structure near his yard has soured his view. He even said that he recently bought a Ring camera over concerns that someone may climb the structure's staircase and enter his yard. "

"with multiple people complaining about the workers staring into their homes."

"It obstructs our entire view from two floors"

To me it seems the reported real issues are that the structure blocks peoples view cause they wanted to watch practice from their homes and workers are close enough to possibly see into homes with open large windows.

Maybe it would help the residents case if I could see a pic of what this all looks like. How big is this structure and how close is it really etc.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THIS IS SO DUMB-

"This year, though, the structure near his yard has soured his view. He even said that he recently bought a Ring camera over concerns that someone may climb the structure's staircase and enter his yard. "

"with multiple people complaining about the workers staring into their homes."

"It obstructs our entire view from two floors"

To me it seems the reported real issues are that the structure blocks peoples view cause they wanted to watch practice from their homes and workers are close enough to possibly see into homes with open large windows.

Maybe it would help the residents case if I could see a pic of what this all looks like. How big is this structure and how close is it really etc.
There is a 6 to 8 foot wall in their back yard. If someone wanted to get over that wall, they would find a way. With the tarps, or tent there, it would impeded them.
This is not right against their windows. Even with a ring doorbell, that would not cover all the area with or without this structure.

Someone posted photos of it, but not sure what post number.

PackersNation

Reaction score
They owe those home owners NOTHING. Thats like saying the Cubs should pay the owners of those buildings that used to sit out on top in left field and watch games for free.
Who said anything about paying the home owners? Smh.

This is a problem that could have been settled very easily and still could be. I am sure this temporary structure, or structures, could be moved to an area of the practice fields that are not blocking views or impeding privacy.

The fact that a lot of the people "complaining" are fans that enjoyed watching practices from their homes, means that they would be willing to discuss alternatives to the current setup. This is the first year that problems have arose, so some adjusting is obviously needed at this point.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said anything about paying the home owners? Smh.

This is a problem that could have been settled very easily and still could be. I am sure this temporary structure, or structures, could be moved to an area of the practice fields that are not blocking views or impeding privacy.

The fact that a lot of the people "complaining" are fans that enjoyed watching practices from their homes, means that they would be willing to discuss alternatives to the current setup. This is the first year that problems have arose, so some adjusting is obviously needed at this point.
Why are you so concerned over this, especially being a GB fan. Just to stir things up? It seems that is what you are trying to do.

There is probably a tactical advantage to setting this up where they did, to get a better view of the practice fields for film review. Therefore, keeping other areas open.

Can one imagine the outrage on here, if they put up seating for the fans, an no tent to obstruct the view. Then they would whine ... too much noise ....
Because if they could move it elsewhere, they would need to have a place for the fans.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Why are you so concerned over this, especially being a GB fan. Just to stir things up? It seems that is what you are trying to do.

There is probably a tactical advantage to setting this up where they did, to get a better view of the practice fields for film review. Therefore, keeping other areas open.

Can one imagine the outrage on here, if they put up seating for the fans, an no tent to obstruct the view. Then they would whine ... too much noise ....
Because if they could move it elsewhere, they would need to have a place for the fans.
And the company man keeps right on drinking the kool aid of the greatness of Jerry and how he is never responsible for anything going wrong.

PackersNation

Reaction score
Not "concerned" at all. How dare an NFL fan that is not a Cowboys fan have any input on anything Cowboys related.

And how is saying that there are solutions to this issue, and it still could be resolved be seen as "stirring things up"?

The Cowboys have filmed practices every year for many years with no issues or problems from the home owners in the area. This is a simple fix and hopefully will be resolved soon.

The end.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not "concerned" at all. How dare an NFL fan that is not a Cowboys fan have any input on anything Cowboys related.

And how is saying that there are solutions to this issue, and it still could be resolved be seen as "stirring things up"?

The Cowboys have filmed practices every year for many years with no issues or problems from the home owners in the area. This is a simple fix and hopefully will be resolved soon.

The end.
Seems you are posting more about this than anything else. So yeah, you are concerned over some random homeowners not being able to watch a practice of a team you don't like.
This has nothing to do with us Cowboys fans or any football fan. As my 1st post in this thread.....all for people to blame Jerry for.
Why should we care. I don't care. I am ready for TC to start and don't care how they set it up.

I have a neighbor, they set up a bounce house and tents, or one time had a pool. Every year. Kids playing, screaming in fun. Sure it blocked my view of their house....
I didn't care, it did not bother me. It was not like they were out there early mornings or late night making noise.

Now they have a row of trees growing, oh, about 2 feet from the 6 foot privacy fence. Doesn't bother me. Even when the leaves fall off in the winter.
A mulching mower takes care of that. When they trim them, they call me to ask to come into my back yard to clean up their mess.

I am sure once the TEMPORARY structure is down, all will be quiet on the western front.

The End.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
why???? The facility used to be perfect. Houses were built up around the facility, not the other way around.
Yes, lets have training camp for a team in Texas in California. Makes total sense. And no, I don't give two ****s about the weather in California. The Cowboys have absolutely NOTHING to do with that state.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are in the midst of making preparations for training camp in Oxnard, California, but it seems they aren't starting off on the right foot.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Oxnard residents are upset with the Cowboys for building temporary structures for training camp inches away from their property with no prior notice. Residents are taking action in response by hiring attorneys and filing a complaint to the city.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...property-concerns-cross-line-jerry-jones-fans
You know who aren't complaining? Bars, hotels, and restaurants in the area, not to mention the city of Oxnard.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are in the midst of making preparations for training camp in Oxnard, California, but it seems they aren't starting off on the right foot.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Oxnard residents are upset with the Cowboys for building temporary structures for training camp inches away from their property with no prior notice. Residents are taking action in response by hiring attorneys and filing a complaint to the city.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...property-concerns-cross-line-jerry-jones-fans
Thank goodness. Get them outta there. There's no reason they should have camp there anyway.

Bigdog

Reaction score
One would hope that the realtor who were selling them those homes informed them that the Cowboys practice here. I am pretty sure they would have to disclose this. I understand the homeowners being upset but if you knew this before buying then that is on you.