Cowboys Camp Construction 'Crosses A Line!’ - Irate Oxnard Residents

Sydla

Reaction score
God lord what can we as a society find to ***** about next....

LOL, they literally built a platform right up against these people's fences that allows people to look right into their backyards and back windows. It's not surprising some people would have an issue with that. As someone noted above, it's kind of intrusive. That being said, are these new or have these been there before and people are just squawking about it now?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry should send them all free bottle of wine and cheese plate.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They have always used platforms to film practices. This "temporary structure" is apparently something new this year.

My question is, can it be moved to another location on the practice field, so it doesn't block the view of people that have viewed practices from their homes for many years?

Seems like there is an easy solution to this, but I am not sure the Cowboys care about the fans and residents of the area. That would be unfortunate.

Can someone tell me what the Cowboys charge fans to view training camp practices? I have been going to training camp in Green Bay for many years. Never was a charge to attend camp. Thousands of fans attend every practice at Ray Nitschke Field during camp. Most NFL teams do not charge fees for training camp practices. I find it offensive, if true, that the Cowboys do.
They usually charge $20 to park. They would use bus shuttles from the local High School on the first weekend. I think it was $10-20 to park at the school.

Training camp is a huge fund raiser for the local schools.

Purchasing a membership to the cowboys fan club on site {$25?} will give you an arm bracelet that will give access to the sides of the field. Better chance at an autograph after practice. Players will not sign anything as practice starts.

This was in the past. Not sure what they are doing for 2023.

It's worth it.

Southern Cal weather is awesome. So is the food.

I thought about going this year, but my Romo/Dez jerseys are getting old.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to admit, that looks a bit intrusive.
How so? There's a huge white cover blocking view of all cameras, etc.
People in California cry about anything and everything. Nothing wrong was done here. The temporary structure is built inside of the brick wall.
I guarantee you they are more pissed about not being able to watch practice.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How so? There's a huge white cover blocking view of all cameras, etc.
People in California cry about anything and everything. Nothing wrong was done here. The temporary structure is built inside of the brick wall.
"Intrusive" doesn't just mean it's set up in a way that allows people to look into the house. It's practically an extension of their wall, making any time spent in their back yard much less enjoyable. I don't know the purpose of the structure, but I'm sure it won't be quiet. Also, it doesn't appear to block the view into the yard from everyone on the platform overlooking the wall.

I know I'd be pissed off if someone built that right on the edge of my lawn.

RoboQB

Reaction score
"Intrusive" doesn't just mean it's set up in a way that allows people to look into the house. It's practically an extension of their wall, making any time spent in their back yard much less enjoyable. I don't know the purpose of the structure, but I'm sure it won't be quiet. Also, it doesn't appear to block the view into the yard from everyone on the platform overlooking the wall.

I know I'd be pissed off if someone built that right on the edge of my lawn.
Are we not looking at the same pics? It's a platform for cameras.
Nobody is going to be peaking through to look into anyone's house.
It won't be any less quiet than the actual practice. If anything, the white tarp
will muffle the sound somewhat. The edge of their lawn is a 6' to 8' tall wall.

We can agree to disagree. It doesn't happen often with you, Run.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry and his staff are highly experienced with property development and construction projects. I seriously doubt they would go rogue with a plan to expand the facilities in Oxnard. While it is certainly feasible that they neglected to do a little outreach and communicate the endeavor to the locals, I would be stunned to hear they started construction without a permit and were not following the building plans approved by the city.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Jerry and his staff are highly experienced with property development and construction projects. I seriously doubt they would go rogue with a plan to expand the facilities in Oxnard. While it is certainly feasible that they neglected to do a little outreach and communicate the endeavor to the locals, I would be stunned to hear they started construction without a permit and were not following the building plans approved by the city.
Common sense can be a curse around here.
I'm just glad to know I'm not alone... lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
in this thread: Texans vs Californians, aka, "my beliefs regarding the particular party that I support define my personality and control my life" smfh
More like People who know the rules vs. People upset because, feelings.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Respect for your neighbors. Just that simple. If you are going to built big structures close to their property, common sense and decency would have been to notify neighbors before hand that butt right up to the practice field.
Boo hoo. It’s only for a 3-4 weeks and they have a wall up on their property anyways. This is a typical Karen going Karen.

PackersNation

Reaction score
They usually charge $20 to park.
And $22 for a bottle of water. Please tell me they allow you to bring a small cooler in for beverages.

Training camp should not be a money making event. Fans financially support the franchise in so many ways, the least the team could do is make sure training camp can be a time that fans of all ages can come and enjoy the team totally free of charge.

T-RO

Reaction score

I back the people here.
1)- Cowboys dont own the property- they rent (or lease it) They dont have the same rights as an owner. Can someone rent your house and start putting structures right up to the neighbors property lines without yours/anyones approval?

2)- there is usually a 5-15 foot property line distance once the object/structure is approved. This came into focus in Bay Area (Menlo Park) when people were building 8000 square foot homes on 8000 square foot lots. Size, height and distance to neighbors all now face restrictions that probably exist in some form in Oxnard.

3)- this is a residential area- not commercial so restrictions will be tougher for what can be built, its size, and approvals needed

4)- this is Oxnard whos residents have money and power. They like having but dont need the Cowboys there. Keep irritating them and Cowboys will be asked to leave. Cowboys are guests-they should act like it and respect the people/area.

I dont see the relevance of why you are discussing charges- agree that is 100% up to the team.
100%

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are in the midst of making preparations for training camp in Oxnard, California, but it seems they aren't starting off on the right foot.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Oxnard residents are upset with the Cowboys for building temporary structures for training camp inches away from their property with no prior notice. Residents are taking action in response by hiring attorneys and filing a complaint to the city.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...property-concerns-cross-line-jerry-jones-fans
This can't be good for morale.

Maybe change locations? Oxnard is so overrated anyway.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
They leave their own states because of high regulation, high crime and high taxes……and inevitably start enacting policies that will create those same things in their new communities.

Austin anyone? ……….nothing says Texas like streets full of tents
Please, no more Californians to Austin. They have already ruined the city. Californians suck worse than anyone.

This shouldn't be anything a year's worth of season tickets can't solve.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And $22 for a bottle of water. Please tell me they allow you to bring a small cooler in for beverages.

Training camp should not be a money making event. Fans financially support the franchise in so many ways, the least the team could do is make sure training camp can be a time that fans of all ages can come and enjoy the team totally free of charge.
No coolers.

No alcohol. Cops are every where.

Waters/sodas are not that expensive.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are in the midst of making preparations for training camp in Oxnard, California, but it seems they aren't starting off on the right foot.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Oxnard residents are upset with the Cowboys for building temporary structures for training camp inches away from their property with no prior notice. Residents are taking action in response by hiring attorneys and filing a complaint to the city.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...property-concerns-cross-line-jerry-jones-fans
Jerald, send your 4 biggest, ugliest linemen to help the homeowner Karens understand realities. A coupla headlocks and a hard punch above the navel and I am sure the troublemakers can sleep better. Cheerio.

T-RO

Reaction score
On the way to training camp, 7/27/16. The folks in the other vehicle all died. No chance to tell their view on cause of incident.

C_BusCrash1.jpg

C_BusCrash2.jpg