Cowboys Camp Construction 'Crosses A Line!’ - Irate Oxnard Residents

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that your measurement of truth?

Helps my team and my narrative? Must be true?

Remember when the Cowboys practice roof collapsed and crippled one of the assistant coaches, a structure the Jones family was warned would fail? How about the Cowboys Party Bus--partying a bit too heavy-- returning from Vegas crashing into others, causing serious injury? How about innumerable Cowboys players crashing their cars, causing destruction and fatality, all with the Jones family ready to suppress news, diminish charges. Don't even get me started...
Those are legitimate concerns and problems that resulted in injury and damage.
Those items should be and have been complained about.

However in this case there has been no injury or damage and unless there is some kind of injury or damage I am not sure why anyone would conflate the two.

I could understand being upset that they did not provide a public notice that things might be different this year as far as doing so just for public courtesy.

However I doubt they were required to do so.

If they break sound ordinances or some other ordinances or laws that would be or will be a different matter.

T-RO

Reaction score

However in this case there has been no injury or damage and unless there is some kind of injury or damage I am not sure why anyone would conflate the two.

I could understand being upset that they did not provide a public notice that things might be different this year as far as doing so just for public courtesy.

If they break sound ordinances or some other ordinances or laws that would be or will be a different matter.
Of course no injuries in this scenario. So of course I agree...one shouldn't conflate this with the team bus crash or the building collapse...in terms of importance.

I was responding to Jazzcat's words:
"Kind of pathetic how many dislike Jerry over such trivial things."​
Jerry is self-obsessed. Reckless. Careless about how his actions impact others.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

True.

There are metal bleachers on the other side of the two fields where the fans sit.

There is also the viewing platform in the middle.

They are both probably 20-30 feet high.

So I dont think there is height restriction.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Why on earth would you want anything to do with that horrible state anyway. I'd rather train in Ukraine than that complete dumpster fire of California.

PackersNation

Reaction score
Shouldn't have it there in the first place.
The Cowboys hold camp in Cali because they can't handle the heat in Texas in the summer. Cali summer is a dream compared to Texas.

Wisconsin summer is a dream as well. Back in the day several teams would hold camp in Wisconsin.

Saints, Chiefs, Bears, Jaguars, and of course the Packers all held camp in Wisconsin.

shabazz

Reaction score
Please, no more Californians to Austin. They have already ruined the city. Californians suck worse than anyone.

This shouldn't be anything a year's worth of season tickets can't solve.
To
Please, no more Californians to Austin. They have already ruined the city. Californians suck worse than anyone.

This shouldn't be anything a year's worth of season tickets can't solve.
to be fair, I find that it’s certain cities more than the entire state that have these types. as a whole California is a beautiful state and still has areas of people with common sense and decency.

St Loius and Detroit are example where the city is a cesspool but the entire state isn’t. Hell, even New York has areas in the Catskills and others where it’s a polar opposite of Manhattan and those peoples idea of governance and standards

as for Austin, my son moved out as soon as he started a family…..for obvious reasons.

HanD

Reaction score
The Cowboys hold camp in Cali because they can't handle the heat in Texas in the summer. Cali summer is a dream compared to Texas.

Wisconsin summer is a dream as well. Back in the day several teams would hold camp in Wisconsin.

Saints, Chiefs, Bears, Jaguars, and of course the Packers all held camp in Wisconsin.
they also have a huge contingent of fans out there. Jerry wants to keep his fan base in socal and mexico

HanD

Reaction score
If I wanna put something in my yard an inch from my neighbors property....... I don't give one rats butt what they think.
A property line is a property line. One can build anything they want as long as it's within their property line. Tough cookies for those who built their homes knowingly next to the Cowboys training camp property.

As long as the city or jurisdiction gave approval there isn't anything the residents can do about it. That's the only permission you need typically even if you aren't meeting set back requirements in the building code the city can approve what they want.

LonnieElam

Reaction score

Yes, I'm well aware of why they have it in Cali. They also have this amazing facility in Frisco, that is INDOORS.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the way to training camp, 7/27/16. The folks in the other vehicle all died. No chance to tell their view on cause of incident.

C_BusCrash1.jpg

C_BusCrash2.jpg
It was the others persons fault. But your hate still blames Jerry and the Cowboys.
You said Vegas, and party bus....trying to create false stories.

BE TRUTHFUL!!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course no injuries in this scenario. So of course I agree...one shouldn't conflate this with the team bus crash or the building collapse...in terms of importance.

I was responding to Jazzcat's words:
"Kind of pathetic how many dislike Jerry over such trivial things."​
Jerry is self-obsessed. Reckless. Careless about how his actions impact others.
OOOHHH a call out post....HOW PATHETHIC OF YOU....

....you can't handle the truth....

Apparently you don't want to read the context or can't understand it .... trivial things as in the TEMPORARY tent like structure.

Jipper

Reaction score
Why on earth would you want anything to do with that horrible state anyway. I'd rather train in Ukraine than that complete dumpster fire of California.
one thing...weather...thats it

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is purely the responsibility of City building officials. Cowboys aren't responsible for contacting individual property owners, that's the City's job via announcements.

This is why temporary building permits are issued.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
A lot has changed since DAL returned to Oxnard. It was all empty lots and the golf course. Now, it the course and housing.

Perhaps it's time to move on from Oxnard.

ESisback

Reaction score
Always SOMETHING to be twisted about. That’s just today’s #1 mindset/past time: fight and complain!

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I was born and raised in California, and I hate Californians. People here are so stupid and cry about the dumbest stuff.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This was inevitable. When I first started going to training camp in Oxnard.... maybe 10 years ago, the facility had no homes right next to it. It was perfect, but each year, homes have been being built right up closer and closer to the actual practice fields. I have said it the last few years that training camp isnt the same for me anymore. You cant even get to the field where the offense practices because of those houses. So the houses were built right next to the training camp facility and now the people that bought those houses want to complain about training camp activities taking place?????

I wonder if they had disclosures added on when they bough their house about Cowboys training camp? On the other side of my backyard is an almond orchard. Its great since I have no houses on the other side of my fence. But when we bought, we had disclosures basically saying hey buddy, you are buying a house right next to a farmers property. Dont start whining come harvest time when they are out working at 2-3-4 am.

I personally can see this being the beginning of the end for training camp in Oxnard. The location USED to be perfect. It is far from ideal now with ll those horrible houses literally 10-15 ft from the actual practice field.