News: Cowboys CeeDee Lamb to be even more toxic in 2022

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No worries then.. Maybe the point of the word "toxic" was lost on some of you. But I got it.. It was Cooper who was "toxic" and Lamb outproduced Cooper last year.. So, it's a play on words of sorts.

I'm with you on looking forward to him being the #1. But in my mind, he was the #1 last year.... Or he played like our #1...

I don't think Cooper was toxic, fact is Dallas releasing him opened up a lot of cap space, I don't get why people are shocked. Hell anyone with half a brain knew Dallas needed to clear cap space and some of the high priced players would likely not be retained.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't think Cooper was toxic, fact is Dallas releasing him opened up a lot of cap space, I don't get why people are shocked. Hell anyone with half a brain knew Dallas needed to clear cap space and some of the high priced players would likely not be retained.

They didn't have to cut Cooper. The fact that they did speaks volumes.

He was seen as a bad influence, and didn't want to bring his A game to help win.

Paycheck > Championship Trophy for Cooper

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They didn't have to cut Cooper. The fact that they did speaks volumes.

He was seen as a bad influence, and didn't want to bring his A game to help win.

Paycheck > Championship Trophy for Cooper

I disagree he has 1 of the highest cap hits, Dallas could have restructured but all you are doing is pushing money into later years, 2nd you drafted Lamb with the intent he would become the #1 WR. This BS Cooper was a bad in influence? according to whom? People say crap like that around here then pass it off a facts

ProfessorO

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing my article!

For those who aren't a fan of the title, it's in reference to Toxicity or Toxic Differential, a stat that Brian Billick popularized. I reference it in my weekly GameDay previews as a measure of how explosive an offense is vs how succeptable the defense is to giving up big plays.

I can understand why people may have been confused on the title, the article is very much pro Lamb as a #1.

817Gill

Reaction score
I didn’t take This as a positive thread with the word toxic in it.
“One of our favorite metrics at CowboysWire is Toxicity. This refers to the frequency an offense or defense generates or surrenders big plays throughout the course of a game in addition to the turnover margin.”

817Gill

Reaction score
No worries then.. Maybe the point of the word "toxic" was lost on some of you. But I got it.. It was Cooper who was "toxic" and Lamb outproduced Cooper last year.. So, it's a play on words of sorts.

I'm with you on looking forward to him being the #1. But in my mind, he was the #1 last year.... Or he played like our #1...
“One of our favorite metrics at CowboysWire is Toxicity. This refers to the frequency an offense or defense generates or surrenders big plays throughout the course of a game in addition to the turnover margin.”

817Gill

Reaction score
Guys please start reading articles when posted. Makes it a lot easier to discuss the contents. Strange, because when I saw “toxic” I immediately went to read the article to find out what they meant.

How was that not some of y’all’s first action when seeing that word? We just assumed they are praising toxicity lol?

817Gill

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing my article!

For those who aren't a fan of the title, it's in reference to Toxicity or Toxic Differential, a stat that Brian Billick popularized. I reference it in my weekly GameDay previews as a measure of how explosive an offense is vs how succeptable the defense is to giving up big plays.

I can understand why people may have been confused on the title, the article is very much pro Lamb as a #1.
You wrote that? I used to write for the Landry Hat for a few months one summer, super cool experience. If it wasn’t for a job offer that took me west to LA I probably would’ve pursued writing more seriously.

ProfessorO

Reaction score
You wrote that? I used to write for the Landry Hat for a few months one summer, super cool experience. If it wasn’t for a job offer that took me west to LA I probably would’ve pursued writing more seriously.
Yep! Last year was my first season with CowboysWire/USAToday. I really enjoy it. My in-season articles are heavily advanced stats oriented.

EPA, DVOA, ANY/A, etc.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why anyone would use the term "toxic" while describing Lamb.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If he cleans up the drops he’ll be top 5. Have to keep in mind for 10 of the games in year one he had clowns like dinucci throwing him the ball.
lol nucci was ONE GAME !
I remember one play from that season, in redzone, dalton hit cd in the numbers, no defender on him, and he just drops it and laughed about it.
With no amari to draw attention away from him, he will not only be on his own, but he will draw most of the attention from defense.
So this season it will be harder for him.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Words can be lethal, mislead and confuse.
Take, for example, the Dairy Maid car hop who said I was nauseous.
I said, "No me lady, I am nauseating, not nauseous."
Well, we had a good laugh until the Dairy Mart closed and she had to clean the parking lot.

817Gill

Reaction score
Yep! Last year was my first season with CowboysWire/USAToday. I really enjoy it. My in-season articles are heavily advanced stats oriented.

EPA, DVOA, ANY/A, etc.
That’s dope yeah man taking the analytics approach is super smart for writing in todays day. I was writing back in 17-18 and even then analytics in articles weren’t where they are now.

Keep it up though man! If you hear of any openings let me know lol still enjoy doing those articles when I have the time.