Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim QB Will Grier

garyo1954

Reaction score
Haiyaaaaa!

Grier was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the third round (100th overall) in the 2019 NFL Draft.

On December 16, 2019, it was announced that Grier would be making his first career start in week 16 against the Indianapolis Colts. During the game, Grier threw for 224 yards and three interceptions and rushed for 17 yards during the 38–6 loss. In Week 17 against the New Orleans Saints, Grier threw for four yards and a pick-six before exiting the game due to a foot injury in the second quarter. The Panthers lost the game 42–10.

On August 31, 2021, Grier was released by the Panthers.

He was claimed by the Dallas Cowboys on September 1st.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think so.......I'm guessing he's their "developmental QB" they like to have in the room. In other words, he replaces Ben Nooch lol
Oh you know what I misunderstood I'm thinking we claimed him off their practice squad...this is waivers. I thought we had to designate a spot for him but it was off waivers my mistake.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You tell me......he did what he had to do...hater!

I’m a Pitt graduate. Of course, I have some sports hate for WV and it’s players.

He played in a conference where defense was pretty much non-existent. All offenses did well in that conference.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He was great at WV, but excelled in years when Big 12 defenses were conspicuously poor.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He was pretty trash in two starts. He threw 4 picks lol.

But the upside is higher than Nooch IMO

This is a harsh assessment. He was a rookie on a terrible team thrown to the wolves against two playoff teams at the end of 2019. He was clearly in over his head and it showed. Hopefully he will fare better in Dallas.