Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim QB Will Grier

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cool, so who are going to trot out there if something happens to Dak?

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeah I thin k Grier has more talent and upside than Minshew. The only question really is what's between the ears. I just don't know about his love for the game.. I hope I read it wrong but when they did that special on him before his senior year in college or was that pre-draft? I did not come away with a sense that he was an all in football guy. He seemed more all in on his family. Football is not a sport you can play half-arse.

BTW, Broaddus, supposedly according to his sources, did not have a good, positive report on Gardner Minshew, and in fact said per 105.3 Fan G-bag nation show that Brian B. also
said he heard from Brad Sham and his own sources about Minshew, that the Cowboys were fortunate Not to Go after Minshew in a trade - in description in that he's Not a good character, not a leader, and not coachable. Take it for what's it worth per Broaddus.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you want to like this move don't look at his pro stats.

Sometimes stats lie. Let's hope this is one of those cases. The sample size is so small.

Looks like he hasn't been too bad this preseason (22 of 31 for 222 yards). He didn't have any TDs, but also did not have any interceptions..

stiletto

Reaction score
Cooper Rush has thrown 3 passes in his career. They were in 2017. He completed one of them.

The "bar" wasn't set very high.

That dude just likes to complain about everything the Cowboys do. He's the board "Town Crier".

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
He is better than Rush, but that doesn't say alot. I would now cut Rush and roll with this guy until something better came along. Rush can go to the PS, no one else is picking him up. The fact that the QB coach knows him and was successful with him tells me this is not someone they claimed in hopes of putting on the PS.. he is their back up.. I would think.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Rush.

Dallas want a developmental QB and that's what the'll have in Grier. Rush is who he is and is more familiar with the offence.
I give them the same chance at winning that Rush does, he is useless and shouldn't be in the NFL period.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Not sure Grier was brought in the to be the backup just yet. Although he is better than Rush I wouldn’t be surprised to see him moved to the PS for development once his three week stint on the active roster is served. That being said Grier is better than Rush right now. But if Foles becomes available we’d be foolish to not go and get him.
There is no 3 wk stint on waiver claims only when signing off another teams practice squad.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
QB2 does more than fill-in when QB1 is out.

I don't care what he does in the meeting room, the practice field, on the sideline during the game, if he gives you 0% chance to win a game if he has to play, he is useless and should be banished from the team.

fivetwos

Reaction score
BTW, Broaddus, supposedly according to his sources, did not have a good, positive report on Gardner Minshew, and in fact said per 105.3 Fan G-bag nation show that Brian B. also
said he heard from Brad Sham and his own sources about Minshew, that the Cowboys were fortunate Not to Go after Minshew in a trade - in description in that he's Not a good character, not a leader, and not coachable. Take it for what's it worth per Broaddus.
Things that we aren't privy to.....

On the surface I'd rather be light a 6th and have Minshew but if any of that is at least close to true....definitely not.

Minshew is better than Grier, and Grier is better than Rush, although he will probably remain #2 until Grier learns the offense.

If MM wants a developmental QB around, Grier is much more worthy of that time spent than Nooch.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irrelevant where Pitt played. The ACC had better defenses than the Big 12 (?) or whatever conference they were in.
You don't even know what conference they were in, but still spread the negativity.....lol!