Signed by Cowboys Cowboys claim QB Will Grier

Carson

Reaction score
This is a harsh assessment. He was a rookie on a terrible team thrown to the wolves against two playoff teams at the end of 2019. He was clearly in over his head and it showed. Hopefully he will fare better in Dallas.
My assessment was simply based on the response that he couldn’t be worse than DiNucci lol

I don’t disagree with you at all Ronnie

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Probably as good as anyone we could have added at this stage.

ESisback

Reaction score
If you want to like this move don't look at his pro stats.

Sometimes stats lie. Let's hope this is one of those cases. The sample size is so small.

Resist the natural ‘meh’ every once in awhile. Makes ya look more spontaneous!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So no corresponding move yet to accommodate him?

Not yet but the Cowboys have a handful of guys who are hurt but had to be kept on the 53 until tomorrow and then they can be placed on the recallable IR. Hill, McKeon, Gallimore and I think one of the drafted offensive linemen.. Ball? all fall into that category..

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good move. Better developmental QB for the PS/scout team than DiNucci...and he's pretty much just a year older

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a Pitt graduate. Of course, I have some sports hate for WV and it’s players.

He played in a conference where defense was pretty much non-existent. All offenses did well in that conference.
And Pitt played in a defensive conference? Lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a Pitt graduate. Of course, I have some sports hate for WV and it’s players.

He played in a conference where defense was pretty much non-existent. All offenses did well in that conference.
I figured you weren't from Texas

817Gill

Reaction score
Always felt like they would make a move after cuts. No clear upgrade was available as a pure FA, it’s this week where you get some gifts. Shoutout PJ Walker for taking a hold on that backup spot in Carolina.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Not sure Grier was brought in the to be the backup just yet. Although he is better than Rush I wouldn’t be surprised to see him moved to the PS for development once his three week stint on the active roster is served. That being said Grier is better than Rush right now. But if Foles becomes available we’d be foolish to not go and get him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Good point but the OU defense has improved a lot the past few seasons. I think the Texas D looks a little better as well.

It actually makes me sad when I think back to when OU-Texas and OU-Nebraska were some of the hardest hitting defensive games of the year.. Then for a time TCU and Baylor took over as the defensive powerhouses. Now frankly I'm not sure you could fashion one good defense from an all star team in that conference.. No actually I take that back.. there is plenty of defensive talent there.. They just don't seem to coach defense very well anymore.