Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said QB Dak Prescott is having his best offseason program that we've had

plymkr

Reaction score
when McCarthy says Lance has almost mastered the system
See I think it’s encouraging that Big Mike says that but to me it’s more important that Lance hasn’t gotten injured. How can he master a system he’s never used in a game? And what does that mean exactly? Just like what does it mean that Dak is having his best offseason program?

To me this sounds like McCarthy has to give a report when asked and these are the things that is said. So going back to my previous post. The best news on any player at this point in the offseason is they are not injured IMHO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
has mike said that any player was not up to par yet ???????????
So far every one is mastering their craft and better than ever!
It is so boring to hear just fantasy crap.

I cant wait till at least the PS games are here so all this fantasy stuff stops.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
What did you expect?

"Honestly, I don't know what happened during this offseason, his mechanics are terrible. His accuracy is erratic. During today's OTA's, his leading receiver was a DB. I'm going to be busy during the next couple days updating my resume, This team isn't going anywhere this season but down!"
McCarthy doesn't have the stones for that...it's why he was hired. Would love to hear him go full Bulworth!

LysleE

Reaction score
This is a valid point. I seriously doubt Kansas City feels the need to make comments like this about Mahomes. Everyone knows what they have in Mahomes while Dak constantly needs to be built up. Even as he enters year 9 he still needs to be propped up like a rookie trying to build his confidence.
Dallas’ “braintrust” has handled him with kid gloves and coddled him his entire career; he has never even had to compete for his job.
No wonder he has no mental toughness and fails to deliver under pressure.

Praxit

Reaction score
OK Mike. I thought he looked real sharp just before GB game. I mean, the setup could not have been any better.

THen other things happened. Just saying.........

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1TeOsOS.png

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well said.

Expect to catch crap around here for not just accepting it and complying. After all, fans don’t know anything. Shouldn’t complain.
No one says you have to be a fan. If it makes you so miserable, I suggest another line of fandom.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What’s he been best at?

“Connecting with his receivers”

How about we just let it play out. These are the type of statements that are made that make me scratch my head. There was no point to it. When called on specifics that’s what you say?
MM has to dumb it down for the fans.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Owner/GM: "All in"
Franchise Quarterback: "Do not play for the money."
Head coach: "Having his best offseason program that we've had"

Who is stepping up to the microphone next and vomit nonsense? Will it be Rowdy? Can we punch him afterwards? Rowdy has a very punchable face. Just saying.
Just FYI, the players and coaches have media commitments. What the hell do you expect them to say?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I cant wait till at least the PS games are here so all this fantasy stuff stops.
It must suck to be so negative all the time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No one says you have to be a fan. If it makes you so miserable, I suggest another line of fandom.
I’ll be miserable or not as I see fit within the guidelines. Any non sunshine pumping comment from nearly anyone inevitably leads to some ridiculous insult from you that doesn’t do much beyond clutter around the things that are worth reading,

Not sure how you get away with it, but that’s not up to me.

You’re honestly more negative and antagonizing than anyone around here with the insults and suggesting that people not be fans or not participate here…. but hey, I suppose that’s acceptable, so enjoy your little trip of attempting to tell people how to think and feel.

Don’t need the advice but thanks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ll be miserable or not as I see fit within the guidelines. Any non sunshine pumping comment from nearly anyone inevitably leads to some ridiculous insult from you that doesn’t do much beyond clutter around the things that are worth reading,

Not sure how you get away with it, but that’s not up to me.

You’re honestly more negative and antagonizing than anyone around here with the insults and suggesting that people not be fans or not participate here…. but hey, I suppose that’s acceptable, so enjoy your little trip of attempting to tell people how to think and feel.

Don’t need the advice but thanks.
You proved my point of being miserable and what it does to you. ^^^

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

It is kind of insulting to hear such rah-rah talk by the fat guy and the FO about superstars, their work ethic and high intelligence of the players. Whew!
This sinewy and aerodynamic bloke wants honest assessments, that's all, not scripted Spagnola hype.