Cowboys contingent perked up when Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati took the stage

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The Realist;3254986 said:
Not that it's impossible but can anyone name a good 6-4 RT?
Arm Length is the important physical trait to look at and Brewster is better than average in that area.

The Realist

Reaction score
Big Dakota;3255021 said:
Ya, many starting NFL RTs are 6-4 or under. Jets Damien Woody is 6-3. Packers Mark Tauscher is 6-3. Ravens Michael Oher, maybe the best rookie OL to come along in 10 years is 6-4. Patriots Nick Kaczur is 6-4.

Those are just the playoff teams.

Good......I'd prefer to go into the draft looking for guards with Free/Brewster as the future OT's.

The Realist

Reaction score
Iupati had the longest arms at the Senior Bowl.

We want him we'll have to move up.

arglebargle

Reaction score
I'm in for this pick. Samoan guys are tough, big, and come from a background that emphasizes a real fighting spirit. We certainly need to be getting some players who can push for starting time on the Oline.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Bach;3254976 said:
Yeah, but that hasn't stopped our self-appointed GM from totally ignoring obvious weaknesses in the past.

:laugh2:

Some things never change.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;3255169 said:
Who is the "I" in "What did I do to deserve this???"

me

Seriously, Wade and Campo on the same sideline????

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bach;3255176 said:
me

Seriously, Wade and Campo on the same sideline????
Quick! Someone get Bach a defibrillator, stat!
:laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;3254938 said:
It may have been only a coincidence, but the Cowboys contingent perked up when Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati took the stage. Iupati was measured at 6 feet 5 and 325 pounds. Iupati was a finalist for the Outland Trophy, given to the nation's top lineman.

http://newstwit.com/dallascowboys

Where is that blurb from that link?

I went through 4-5 pages and did not see it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3255187 said:

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2010/01/from-the-senior-bowl.html

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
JPM;3254962 said:
Unless he really blows his workout I actually see him moving up in the first round. I don't think he'll be there when Dallas picks.

Unless he's projected to play tackle, I don't think his stock will rise too high.

Last year, the top interior lineman, center Alex Mack, went 21st. No guards were taken in the first round.

In 2008, no interior linemen went in the first round.

In 2007, the top interior lineman, guard Ben Grubbs, went 29th.

Iupati is exactly the type of lineman we need to be looking at because there's a good chance the top interior lineman will be available when Dallas picks, while all of the tackles will have been picked over.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The Realist;3254986 said:
Not that it's impossible but can anyone name a good 6-4 RT?

Shawn Andrews before he went nuts. Besides, it's wingspan that's most important, not height, and Iupati had the longest wingspan of anyone at the Senior Bowl weigh ins.

For the record, I would rather have a dominant guard than a slight above average LT. I don't think there is an offensive lineman, regardless of position, that I would rather have in the NFL than Nick Mangold. If you like watching linemen dominate, he's singlehandedly the reason to watch Jet games and the centerpiece of their running attack.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3255187 said:

sorry put the wrong one, i was visiting like 27 cowboys sites, for cowboys info today along with the draft upcoming stuff;
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2010/01/from-the-senior-bowl.html

From the Senior Bowl
12:26 PM Mon, Jan 25, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley/Reporter E-mail | News tips

Dallas Cowboys owner-general manager Jerry Jones and the scouting staff are in Mobile, Ala., today for the start of Senior Bowl workouts.

They attended the morning weigh-in session, which took meat market to a whole new level. The highlights:

+ Alabama defensive tackle Terrence Cody weighed in at 370 pounds. He also had the biggest hands at 11 1/4 inches.

+ Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is a lefthander, but his right arm is longer: by 1/4 of an inch.

+ It may have been only a coincidence, but the Cowboys contingent perked up when Idaho offensive guard Mike Iupati took the stage. Iupati was measured at 6 feet 5 and 325 pounds. Iupati was a finalist for the Outland Trophy, given to the nation's top lineman.
+ TCU defensive lineman Jerry Hughes pulled out of the game, but Frogs linebacker Daryl Washington will participate. Texas linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy and defensive lineman Lamarr Houston were late additions to the roster.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Phoenix;3254955 said:
Um, you are dead wrong.

The Outland Trophy goes to the best interior lineman, period, on either side of the ball.

I think I heard NFLN Mayock say he was measured with alligator arms (32"), so maybe he will be available?

The Realist

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3255310 said:
Shawn Andrews before he went nuts. Besides, it's wingspan that's most important, not height, and Iupati had the longest wingspan of anyone at the Senior Bowl weigh ins.

For the record, I would rather have a dominant guard than a slight above average LT. I don't think there is an offensive lineman, regardless of position, that I would rather have in the NFL than Nick Mangold. If you like watching linemen dominate, he's singlehandedly the reason to watch Jet games and the centerpiece of their running attack.

I was referring to Brewster as 6-4.

Hasn't Andrews been at RG his whole career?

Iupati is a fit but we have to move up to get him.

Vladimir Ducasse is nearly the identical size, but I would assume has better feet.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
tunahelper;3255330 said:
I think I heard NFLN Mayock say he was measured with alligator arms (32"), so maybe he will be available?

Mike Iupati-G- Player Jan. 25 - 3:24 pm et

Idaho OG Mike Iupati's 35-inch arms measured the longest at the Senior Bowl during Monday's weigh-in. He also has 10 3/8-inch hands.

Iupati, who finally gets to face NFL-caliber competition this week after mauling through defensive linemen in the WAC, also weighed in at a solid 6'5/325. With a big week, Iupati could sneak into the back end of the first round.
Source: National Football Post

The Realist

Reaction score
tunahelper;3255330 said:

No he had the longest arms at the SB from everything I've seen.