Cowboys could be hosting NFC Championship had they not lost to Jaguars and Commanders

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Had we not blown the end of that Jaguars game and actually showed up in week 18 against the Commanders, we are hosting the NFC Championship game this afternoon

svxrPtN.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
Well crap happens. Had Minny beaten NY we might have went to Philly last Sunday and beaten Philly as well, and on our way with a healthy Pollard. But that’s football.

As I said all week we had our chances last week on offense. We lived on there side of the field in the first half and couldn’t capitalize. That’s why Moore has got to go. That’s two seasons in a row this offense hasn’t been able to do anything.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Can't forget the Packers game too.

We blew this season way before the 49er game.
Yea that one too

I mean teams lose games they arent supposed to all the time, but we had the Packers and Jags game won if not for some boneheaded situational awareness by our players and coaches.

I defended Kellen all year but if we run three times instead of a fade to Noah and we run Pollard against the Packers, we win both games smh

Ken

Reaction score
Yea that one too

I mean teams lose games they arent supposed to all the time, but we had the Packers and Jags game won if not for some boneheaded situational awareness by our players and coaches.

I defended Kellen all year but if we run three times instead of a fade to Noah and we run Pollard against the Packers, we win both games smh
That is what I have been saying about Kellen.

He may be a great playcaller but his situational awareness is horrific and his offenses attention to detail is near bottom of the league.

I believe those are things that come when you are more experienced and learn from actual good mentors.

CashMan

Reaction score
Had we not blown the end of that Jaguars game and actually showed up in week 18 against the Commanders, we are hosting the NFC Championship game this afternoon

svxrPtN.gif
Does it matter if you lose in the wildcard game vs the championship game?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
There's nothing to suggest that would be true.
I knew someone would go there.

Yes, if the Eagles were in much more danger of fumbling away the one-seed, they may have been a little more desperate in our Christmas Eve game. Hell they may have even started Hurts.

But this is a Cowboys board, so let a brother dream why dont you :facepalm: :(

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I agree with the OP but I'll add this: Year after year I read people here saying that seeding doesn't matter. Well, being the 1 seed doesn't guarantee you a Super Bowl trip but being the 5 seed makes it damn near impossible. Seeding does matter!

No one is even bringing up the fact that Dallas had to travel monday night before the SF game because they were the 5 seed.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I agree with the OP but I'll add this: Year after year I read people here saying that seeding doesn't matter. Well, being the 1 seed doesn't guarantee you a Super Bowl trip but being the 5 seed makes it damn near impossible. Seeding does matter!

No one is even bringing up the fact that Dallas had to travel monday night before the SF game because they were the 5 seed.
Unfortunately Dallas was the #1 seed twice this century and we still loss the first game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

svxrPtN.gif
You forgot about the Cowboys blowing a 14 point lead to Green Bay who was riding a six game losing streak. I try not to live in a world of ifs. If it wasn’t for a few ifs the Cowboys would have a couple of more championships.