Cowboys could be hosting NFC Championship had they not lost to Jaguars and Commanders

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
We say this.. but if we're going to have a process, then we have to actually do things to complete the process. We spend years building a core and then don't do anything at the end and have to start over.

We don't have time to do this anymore in the modern day NFL. This is not a championship strategy. You have a team like Cincinnati who was in and out of the AFC playoffs every year with an average QB and a bum HC doing it the old way, and wouldn't have ever got elite until they blew it up and went and got their QB.

They went from literally the worst team inthe league to an elite perennial champion. 2 seasons. That's it. Now you can't keep them out of the SB conversation. Wasn't no process, wasn't no.. chipping away at it year by year. Just went and got the right tools, and the problem is fixed.

We the ones trying to slow cook something that the league has shown us doesn't require this level of planning any more. We're left behind because we won't adjust.
Well then we are doomed. Because first and foremost...when you spend time building a core...and they don't pan out....you don't get to keep trying. The players AND the coaches AND the architect (read GM) are ALL moved out. Are GM is a lifer...so we are inherently against moving on from players, pivoting when something does not work, trade/release a player 1 year early versus 1 year too late. We don't do that.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
If you were to argue, making the playoffs meant something, I would agree. But once you are in the playoffs, it's SB or bust. I don't care if you win 3 games in the playoffs or none. It's about getting to the SB. Beating a 45yr old Tom Brady meant nothing. It didn't help you beat the 9ers. At the end of the day, you have a QB making $40+ million, and that is eating up too much of the cap to add more talent.
So a 'D' is just as good as a 'B' because neither is an 'A'? I wish someone would have told my college professors that.

CashMan

Reaction score
So a 'D' is just as good as a 'B' because neither is an 'A'? I wish someone would have told my college professors that.
This is a binary league. You either win the SB or you dont, if you are a playoff team. 2nd place is not awarded a trophy.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is just such a loser mentality.

Even regular people, who are losers, say this about their own lives "I'm as good as that guy with the really successful job and nice house...he just got all the breaks and I didn't!!"

WINNERS take their lumps, acknowledge that the people better than them are in fact better than them...then try and find out what they're lacking, and they work on it to get better.

If you keep telling urself ur as good as the other guy except for a few breaks, you end up with 27 years of mediocrity.

We are NOT as good as the teams that played today. We haven't been good enough in DECADES.

Let's get busy fixing it, not rationalizing and making excuses.

gmb1

Reaction score
Had we not blown the end of that Jaguars game and actually showed up in week 18 against the Commanders, we are hosting the NFC Championship game this afternoon

svxrPtN.gif
That should tell you they weren't good enough to win this year and we should've seen the 49ers loss coming.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This is a binary league. You either win the SB or you dont, if you are a playoff team. 2nd place is not awarded a trophy.
Well...I guess someone forgot to tell the networks that there is no need to broadcast any game besides the Super Bowl

I guess every owner should issue the fans refunds for any game that was not the Super Bowl

I guess all monies collected outside of the Super Bowl should be donated to charity because it was not earned

I mean obviously the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal...but to act as if nothing else matters.....how long have you been watching football?

CashMan

Reaction score
Well...I guess someone forgot to tell the networks that there is no need to broadcast any game besides the Super Bowl

I guess every owner should issue the fans refunds for any game that was not the Super Bowl

I guess all monies collected outside of the Super Bowl should be donated to charity because it was not earned

I mean obviously the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal...but to act as if nothing else matters.....how long have you been watching football?
This is going to be my last post. This really is becoming a homer fest.

There are 2 types of teams. Either you are rebuilding or are in the playoffs. When you are in the playoffs, 2nd place doesn't matter. You either make the SB or you don't. In 10 years, no one is gonna say, yeah....but we made the playoffs back to back years! No, they are gonna say, this team won the SB.

You keep trying to defend the Cowboys for trying, yet the Eagles just made another SB with a different coach.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This is going to be my last post. This really is becoming a homer fest.

There are 2 types of teams. Either you are rebuilding or are in the playoffs. When you are in the playoffs, 2nd place doesn't matter. You either make the SB or you don't. In 10 years, no one is gonna say, yeah....but we made the playoffs back to back years! No, they are gonna say, this team won the SB.

You keep trying to defend the Cowboys for trying, yet the Eagles just made another SB with a different coach.
Wait....me? Defending the Cowboys for trying? Clearly we've never met.