Twitter: Cowboys could move Collins back to guard

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Collins also showed promise at guard. He’s a good player at either spot.

Moving him in the off-season isn’t an issue, IMO. It is when someone practices in ota’s And all of camp at one position and then they move him at the last second. That, I think, is not a good idea unless forced by an injury.

However, if Collins practices all year at OG... I don’t see a problem with it.

Having said that... I’d be fine with keeping him at OT too. Really it depends on if the team is able to land a good OT vs a good OG.

It is garbage. They need to let these guys get comfortable at a spot. Makes zero sense to shift him back to G. Novel approach sign a G or draft a G to play G.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He may have started at corner, but for that play in particular, he was at safety.
No big deal, but Broaddus was one of the talking heads calling for Awuzie to maybe move to safety. Its in one of the early Draft Shows.
I usually don’t put too much stock into what Broaddus says. He is too biased about certain players, one way or the other, to really have a subjective view on things.

And if he is saying Awuzie should move to safety... that is no different than you or me saying he should move. The team pays zero attention to Broaddus.

Not looking to argue though... you can do what you will with whatever information you get.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I usually don’t put too much stock into what Broaddus says. He is too biased about certain players, one way or the other, to really have a subjective view on things.

And if he is saying Awuzie should move to safety... that is no different than you or me saying he should move. The team pays zero attention to Broaddus.

Not looking to argue though... you can do what you will with whatever information you get.
No biggie bro, I do find him condecending alot, and hate the way he talks over Brugler and co.
Was useing that as a point on the position flex debate.
Trying not to be so argumentative, as I think we are all really frustrated right now. Its been building for years.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No biggie bro, I do find him condecending alot, and hate the way he talks over Brugler and co.
Was useing that as a point on the position flex debate.
Trying not to be so argumentative, as I think we are all really frustrated right now. Its been building for years.
It’s all good, brudda.

I’m not frustrated but I do know many on here are. It’s like a hive mentality that is becoming more and more entrenched with members here.

Complaining is the in thing to do... all the cool kids are doing it.

And yes, Broaddus is condescending as hell. One of my big problems with him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It makes some sense from player acquisition.

Tackles cost more than guards, particularly if the guy can play LT. Taking a T covers us at swing tackle and at LG, and takes the more valuable player. New T takes RT, Collins moves back to LG. A tackle goes down, the healthy tackle takes LT and Collins takes RT.

With Tyron having continuing health issues, some insurance for a *starting* LT sure would be nice.

LT is one of the cornerstone positions. Taking one in the first solves a lot of problems short term, and covers us long term.

For a first round pick, I think I like it better than taking a G.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The OLine coach that moved Collins to RT is now with Cincy. Give the new OLine coach a break. Maybe he is just trying to fix the prior OLine coach's mistake.

Collins should have been RT from the start...

kumizi

Reaction score
By who? By the people who missed him shutting down Von Miller for 90% of that game?
That’s be great if he only had to play 90% of one game vs Von Miller.

LOL at using a game where he gave us multiple sacks in support of how good he is.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That’s be great if he only had to play 90% of one game vs Von Miller.

LOL at using a game where he gave us multiple sacks in support of how good he is.

So you didn't watch the game, huh? Miller got two sacks in garbage time (and no tackles the rest of the game) when Denver was up by 30 points. He got his behind handed to him the rest of the game.

There were articles discussing Collins as a replacement player in the Pro Bowl, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Lael Collins rated out as a way below average offensive tackle last year. His footwork in space is abysmal. Glad to see you're not worried about it though.

BTW, I still wanted to know who rated Collins as below average. Lets see a link.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So you didn't watch the game, huh? Miller got two sacks in garbage time (and no tackles the rest of the game) when Denver was up by 30 points. He got his behind handed to him the rest of the game.

There were articles discussing Collins as a replacement player in the Pro Bowl, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Come on those were articles where sportswriters were speculating about Collins. There was nothing from the league that said they ever got to Collins on the list of replacements. Replacement players goes 1st the next player with the most votes who is not playing the following week in the Super Bowl, then who is not injured and then the ranking for that position by the NFL's statisticians. Collins was no where close to be added as a replacement player in reality.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Collins best year as a pro was when he played RG. Switching him back makes a lot of sense.

Agreed. I'm all for moving him back. Now, I'm not sure he wants to move back, but if they ask him to, hopefully he will be a team player about it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So you agree with the other poster that Collins was below average all season?

Playing as a slightly better than average tackle for the last 3 or 4 weeks does not get you anywhere close to getting the nod as a replacement for the pro bowl.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm all for moving him back. Now, I'm not sure he wants to move back, but if they ask him to, hopefully he will be a team player about it.

He's under contract so he doesn't get to tell the coaches where he plays - THEY TELL HIM.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Playing as a slightly better than average tackle for the last 3 or 4 weeks does not get you anywhere close to getting the nod as a replacement for the pro bowl.

That is a laughable assessment of the season Collins had.