Twitter: Cowboys could move Collins back to guard

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
To each his own there fella. Jones on year 4 with no set position cause they switched him from CB, where he was drafted for, to safety which hasn't worked so now back to corner. M.Collins is a 3-tech, not a 1.
They moved Aussie back and forth last year - were you watching ? He hurt his shoulder tackleing beastmode from the SAFETY position. And the talk was they could move him there this off-season, which looks to have died down thank god.
And if you dont know about Crawfords continued movement by now - cant help ya.
But keep your agender going ...

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Jerry wants to make a splash with that 1st round pick with the draft being in Dallas.I think OLine is in play for the 2nd round pick but I really think he is looking at WR or DLine with that 1st round pick. Maybe LBer or Safety if a good one is there. I just hope he doesn't try to get cute and trade up.
I just want the best player available. If we can bring in safety and a offensive lineman during free agency we can sit down at 19 and wait for someone to drop.

cern

Reaction score
Interesting. He really came on at rt the end of last season. Don't know if it's a great move, but it's understandable. It might have to do with concerns about Tryon Smith's back.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Because position flex has hurt multiple players on this team !
Jones, Collins, Collins, Awusie, Woods, Crawford, Irving Etc. Etc. Etc.
Especially when they do it to rookies and 2nd year players. Can understand it for Vetrans such as Scandrick and others, but when they stunt rookies from learning their own positions first - its a detrement to their career and the team.
You're literally just throwing names out there.

RamziD

Reaction score
Connor Williams would be a better pick of they move Collins back to G. Williams could also play LT if Tyron gets hurt.

RamziD

Reaction score
Also, position flex on the OL and DL makes more sense than any other position.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll elect to criticize the move only if it happens and doesn't work out.

Wow, we criticize what's going on if we do nothing and still if we act.

Let's be realistic. Collins hasn't been too capable in pass protection.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Guy showed real promise at T so not a surprise they are moving him to G. Dumbest team in the league.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Connor Williams would be a better pick of they move Collins back to G. Williams could also play LT if Tyron gets hurt.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed if Connor Williams was our 1st pick in the draft. He's an exceptional OT.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They moved Aussie back and forth last year - were you watching ? He hurt his shoulder tackleing beastmode from the SAFETY position. And the talk was they could move him there this off-season, which looks to have died down thank god.

First, Awuzie was playing corner against the Raiders... not safety. You don’t have to be playing at safety to have to hit the RB.

Secondly, he didn’t hurt his shoulder hitting Lynch. Chido gave as good as he got from Lynch. Not many corners can come up and lay the lumber to a guy like Lynch and he not gain another inch after the collision. Lynch tossed the ball at Awuzie like he ran him over but he felt that collision as much as Chido. Plus, like I said, it didn’t ingure Awuzie’s shoulder either. He popped up and kept playing just like Marshawn.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's hilarious how ridiculously unrealistic and fickle fans are.

Last season was Collins first year playing OT at the NFL level. There's going to be growing pains. Apparently, to some fans you either play like a future HOFer or you suck; there's no in between or reasonable time to develop.

Most of it is due to the common fan logic process.
Fan Logic:
Cowboys OL better in 2016 than 2017.
Collins at RT, Cooper at LG are new.
Fault = Collins and Cooper.

The key to this logic is that it requires Zero time reviewing game footage of the players.

They neglect the Tyron injuries and the fact that Martin missed a game. They also neglect the games without Zeke.

Anybody that reviewed the game footage would know that Collins' worst game in 2017 was better than Free's best game in 2016.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
First, Awuzie was playing corner against the Raiders... not safety. You don’t have to be playing at safety to have to hit the RB.

Secondly, he didn’t hurt his shoulder hitting Lynch. Chido gave as good as he got from Lynch. Not many corners can come up and lay the lumber to a guy like Lynch and he not gain another inch after the collision. Lynch tossed the ball at Awuzie like he ran him over but he felt that collision as much as Chido. Plus, like I said, it didn’t ingure Awuzie’s shoulder either. He popped up and kept playing just like Marshawn.
Dont remember it that way at all !
He did hurt his shoulder, but yes he gave a good hit to Marshawn.
And Broaddus has said repeatedly that Awussie was playing safety at the time.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Anybody that reviewed the game footage would know that Collins' worst game in 2017 was better than Free's best game in 2016.

Collins was also overrated at OG. He was fine but fans would see the highlights of pancake blocks and not see the missed assignments. I think Collins has improved mostly from experience and could be an above average starter now at either OG or OT, but I would leave him at RT at this point.

IMO the funny fan follies is how critically we need a veteran swing tackle and now that we are pursuing one people are looking for reasons to complain about it.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
He may have started at corner, but for that play in particular, he was at safety.
No big deal, but Broaddus was one of the talking heads calling for Awuzie to maybe move to safety. Its in one of the early Draft Shows.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Guy showed real promise at T so not a surprise they are moving him to G. Dumbest team in the league.
Collins also showed promise at guard. He’s a good player at either spot.

Moving him in the off-season isn’t an issue, IMO. It is when someone practices in ota’s And all of camp at one position and then they move him at the last second. That, I think, is not a good idea unless forced by an injury.

However, if Collins practices all year at OG... I don’t see a problem with it.

Having said that... I’d be fine with keeping him at OT too. Really it depends on if the team is able to land a good OT vs a good OG.