Cowboys could trade up for Barr?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
@TheHuddleReport: @Thee_Johnmerola Bills going hard for Clowney. I hear Dallas is focusing on Barr. Wiling to trade up but thinks they may get him at 16.

Huddle report is pretty good too. He called us trading up for Claiborne.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade up for anyone in this draft. Would be the definition of over-drafting purely based on need. With the exception of Clowney depending on how much you would have to give up, but my guess its 3x too much.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I would trade up to 11 for Barr if we have indications that the Giants are going to take him and Donald is already gone in the top 10.

I wouldn't rule out a Claiborne-like trade up for Aaron Donald, though. I'm okay giving away our 4th or 5th to move up or swapping picks since the talent in the 4th and 5th rounds in ancillary.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
@TheHuddleReport: @Thee_Johnmerola Bills going hard for Clowney. I hear Dallas is focusing on Barr. Wiling to trade up but thinks they may get him at 16.

Huddle report is pretty good too. He called us trading up for Claiborne.

So far I've heard Cowboys will pick Manziel, Clowney, Donald and now Barr. Can't wait for the draft to be over.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade up for anyone in this draft. Would be the definition of over-drafting purely based on need. With the exception of Clowney depending on how much you would have to give up, but my guess its 3x too much.

I would trade up for a few players if they fell out of the top 10. I would only trade up into the top 5 for Robinson or Clowney and only if it were reasonable to do so, which is very unlikely indeed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would trade up to 11 for Barr if we have indications that the Giants are going to take him and Donald is already gone in the top 10.

I wouldn't rule out a Claiborne-like trade up for Aaron Donald, though. I'm okay giving away our 4th or 5th to move up or swapping picks since the talent in the 4th and 5th rounds in ancillary.

I don't think the Giants have any interest in Barr.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I don't think the Giants have any interest in Barr.

Aren't they looking at OT?

Anyway, the idea of Cowboys trading up in any scenario is silly given all the their needs.

Jerry couldn't possibly believe that one player in this draft is going to make all that much of a difference.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aren't they looking at OT?

Anyway, the idea of Cowboys trading up in any scenario is silly given all the their needs.

Jerry couldn't possibly believe that one player in this draft is going to make all that much of a difference.

Yeah, offensive line.

And I agree, trading up doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Titans at 11 is the highest I would go up for Barr if we think he is not going to last till 16.

That would probably cost us a 3rd, but if we think Barr is going to be special it might be worth it.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I think Barr is the player they want at 16 but they're not trading up for him. Barr's most often associated with the Titans at 11. I don't think they're willing to pay the price to move up to 10.