Cowboys could trade up for Barr?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think Barr is the player they want at 16 but they're not trading up for him. Barr's most often associated with the Titans at 11. I don't think they're willing to pay the price to move up to 10.

I hear the Titans really want a safety, so Barr may get past 11.

Looking at the teams from 12-15, I don't think any of them would take Barr. So I think the Titans are the key here. If they pass on Barr I think he will last till 16 unless somebody leap frogs us.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I would love to have Barr but not for 2nd or 3rd. 4th is highest I would go. To many good players in the 2nd and 3rd. I would prefer trading back.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I hear the Titans really want a safety, so Barr may get past 11.

Looking at the teams from 12-15, I don't think any of them would take Barr. So I think the Titans are the key here. If they pass on Barr I think he will last till 16 unless somebody leap frogs us.

I live in nashville and have not heard anything about wanting a safety. They have Griffin and Pollard

Kaiser

Reaction score
I really go back and forth on Barr, I love his potential but I still can't square the game tape with taking him in the top 10 or 15 picks. I'm really waivering on whether Dallas wants him or Donald the most, but if they want Donald the best move would be to put up a smokescreen about wanting Barr badly. Its also a move Jones does almost every year prior to the draft.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah, offensive line.

And I agree, trading up doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

It's all about cost. If they think Barr is an elite talent and it only costs them a mid-round pick, then it's absolutely worth it. There is no way to say at this point though.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be idiotic to trade up for Barr. If someone wants to over draft him in the top 15, let them.

Agreed.

Barr is a talent.

But not enough of one to burn a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round pick on.

In this draft a 4th round pick could be starter... Is this a good enough team to potentially toss away a starter?

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I don't think so either. I think they're interested in Zack Martin, Taylor Lewan, or Greg Robinson if they're smart.

makes you wonder if all the talk about Manziel, Donald and Barr is only a smoke-screen....but Jerry Jones has never been any good at laying the ground work for a smoke screen.... or making trades...

draft is the deepest in rounds 3-7 not in the 1st..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

Barr is a talent.

But not enough of one to burn a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round pick on.

In this draft a 4th round pick could be starter... Is this a good enough team to potentially toss away a starter?

He's an under developed talent who probably would be relegated to situational pass rusher his rookie year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's an under developed talent who probably would be relegated to situational pass rusher his rookie year.

Been reading some comparisons to Mingo/Jordan last year who basically rotated in the entire season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been reading some comparisons to Mingo/Jordan last year who basically rotated in the entire season.

He's got a bit of the DeMarcus Ware Mr. Nice Guy mindset too but without Ware's freak ability.

I would be underwhelmed with that pick at 16.

Alexander

Reaction score
He's got a bit of the DeMarcus Ware Mr. Nice Guy mindset too but without Ware's freak ability.

I would be underwhelmed with that pick at 16.

If we ran the 3-4, I'd be pretty excited. At least it is something he would be familiar with.

Alexander

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't see him being anywhere near as ready as what Ware was.

Ware also had a coach like Parcells who knew what to do with his defense.

How many 3-4 OLBs has Marinelli successfully converted to 4-3 down linemen?

Reaction score
Maybe I've got rose-colored glasses on because I want Barr, but I don't think Tennessee is going to take him. Today, I read they are moving Derrick Morgan to OLB, where he joins Akeem Ayers, Kameron Wimbley, and recently-signed Shaun Phillips. That is 4 highly-drafted OLBs with pass-rushing pedigrees. If you draft Barr, you probably have to push one of them off the team. That could happen, but I think it more likely they go with a WR (Evans), TE (Ebron), CB (Gilbert), or even QB (Bortles or Carr).