Cowboys could trade up for Barr?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Might be more of the lying game, but according to some blurbs on Rotoworld, both Donald and Martin are getting consideration from 10-15.

I can believe Donald going in the top ten but I am not so sure Martin would be considered before 16 except by maybe the Giants. I think one of the three will be there at 16; I hope the Cowboys will pounce quickly.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
I can believe Donald going in the top ten but I am not so sure Martin would be considered before 16 except by maybe the Giants. I think one of the three will be there at 16; I hope the Cowboys will pounce quickly.

From Walter Football...

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/images/fball/giantsc_logo.jpg Zack Martin is the most likely pick for the Giants at No. 12, according to Jordan Raanan, Newark Star-Ledger. "Word on the street is that the Giants prefer Martin to Lewan." Eric Ebron is not listed as one of the 10 most likely picks.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There are not many options in this draft in terms of a DE with both length and elite quickness/athleticism; whereas, there are a number of options at DT throughout this draft.

In free agency, DEs cost more than DTs. The franchise tag difference is about 3M more for a DE.

If you had a similar grade on Barr and Donald, you would pick Barr due to the position value of DE over DT.

I agree on that if you have the same grade on both. I would even take Barr if his grade was slightly lower because I have more confidence that most posters here that Bass (or Crawford if needed) will be a good backup at the 3. My point is that I don't know that Barr's upside makes up for the glaring difference in game tape performance you see between Donald and Barr.

Barr's projection is the entire issue IMO, I'm basically agnostic on who our first round pick should be. I want the best (non-QB) BPA taken at 16.