Twitter: Cowboys cutdown to 53 thread *Post #1 Updated* ***Merged***

conner01

Reaction score
wetzel surprises me but for the most part about what i expected. two more will get cut after the suspended players come back and some may be added meaning more cuts. there may be a reason why they cut one guy over the other. if a guy you really like gets cut today along with hundreds more they might slip thru the cracks. like a byrd who could be back. we shall see

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cue the 700 threads clamoring for him.
lol
true

First question would be who among the following does he replace?
I say none.

DE Lavar Edwards
DE Crawford, Tyrone
DE Lawrence, DeMarcus
DE Mincey, Jeremy
DE Selvie, George
DE Spencer, Anthony

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I'm not a Devin Street fan at all. Would rather have Byrd or Newsome over Street.

Randle has absolutely nothing special about him. Williams is a much better running back and runs with power which we desperately need on this team against some defenses.

Keeping Clutts is a waste of a roster spot.

Weeden sucks and there are 30+ other Vaughan's that are either free agents or are being released today.

Honestly, this is the lowest enthusiasm I have had for the Cowboys going into a season ever and that includes the Campo years. If you take Romo out of the picture and factor in no Lawrence, no healthy Spencer, Scandrick suspended, Sean Lee IR'ed, Murray, Dunbar, Harris and Claiborne likely to get hurt in every game, this is probably the worst overall team we have fielded in decades.

Spot on, Reality.

It's all about politics. They have to save face with Street since he was a 5th rounder this year, regardless of who's better than him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm thinking these guys for the Practice Squad;

DEKenneth Boatright (Southern Illinois)
DT Dartwan Bush (Texas Tech)
WR LaRon Byrd (Miami) (if he clears waivers, which I doubt)
CB Terrance Mitchell (Oregon)
WR Jamar Newsome (Central Florida) (if he clears waivers, which I doubt)
C Ronald Patrick (South Carolina)
S Ryan Smith (Auburn)
LB Will Smith (Texas Tech)
TE Asa Watson (North Carolina State)
OT from waiver wire

Ryan Williams is eligible if not picked up.

Zordon

Reaction score
You ain't kidding. After today.....I am so ready to watch this ship sink....Garrett, Jerry, Marinelli, the whole damn administration can piss off. They deserve all the misery they create for themselves.

You can't have these guys busting their butts for months, outplay the competition in games, then throw them in the trashcan last second for inferior players due to politics and not expect backlash. Like I said, there is a reason so many players leave this place scorned.

Listen to this interview from Ryan Williams. The man grew up a diehard Cowboys fan his entire life in New York, came down here and made the most of his opportunity, ran hard, caught the ball out of the backfield, but didn't get rewarded for it b/c a player ahead of him happened to be a draft pick. Klutts, Vaughan, Weems, Heath...wow It's really shameful what this organization did today.

http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=1001&c=4891&f=3151993

guag

Reaction score
lol
true

First question would be who among the following does he replace?
I say none.

DE Lavar Edwards
DE Crawford, Tyrone
DE Lawrence, DeMarcus
DE Mincey, Jeremy
DE Selvie, George
DE Spencer, Anthony

If I was GM? Mincey, no doubt.

conner01

Reaction score
Randle should absolutely not have made the team over Ryan Williams.

thats an easy one. a rb at the bottom of the depth chart who does'nt play special teams is hard to keep and even harder to have active. williams would be the best option if murray is injured but barring an injury he would never evn be on the game day roster

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wetzel surprises me but for the most part about what i expected. two more will get cut after the suspended players come back and some may be added meaning more cuts. there may be a reason why they cut one guy over the other. if a guy you really like gets cut today along with hundreds more they might slip thru the cracks. like a byrd who could be back. we shall see

They must be planning on Wetzel or Weems being the backup backup OG.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spot on, Reality.

It's all about politics. They have to save face with Street since he was a 5th rounder this year, regardless of who's better than him.

I actually had another line in my post that I removed where I said, "Sometimes, you just have to have realize and admit you made bad choices if you want to improve" and that includes pre-cut choices such as free agent signings and drafted players.

reddyuta

Reaction score
williams will be on the PS,who is going to pick a RB with so many health problems?

guag

Reaction score
Sam over Mincey as an overall player in 2014?
Or is this for future upside?

Upside. 2014 is not looking good for the defense anyway, and we seem to be all about young players with upside. Mincey is kind of an anomaly on this defense.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Honestly, this is the lowest enthusiasm I have had for the Cowboys going into a season ever and that includes the Campo years. If you take Romo out of the picture and factor in no Lawrence, no healthy Spencer, Scandrick suspended, Sean Lee IR'ed, Murray, Dunbar, Harris and Claiborne likely to get hurt in every game, this is probably the worst overall team we have fielded in decades.

It might be the worst defense in a long time until Spencer and Lawrence are healthy and Scandrick returns. But I don't get how you can say that about the offense. Romo, Dez, Witten and DeMarco are Pro Bowl players, the O Line is the best we have had since the Super Bowl years and the two other offensive guys on the field besides that group are Escobar and TWill, both of whom had first round grades on them by the team when they were drafted.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Also It is being speculated that Lawrence may go on short term IR so that would open up a spot.