Cowboys DC Mike Zimmer wasted no time kicking Dan Quinn draft pick to the curb

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Dallas also moved on from a pair of 2023 draft picks, including fourth-round pick Viliami Fehoko, who was a brutal fit in Mike Zimmer's system. Fehoko will go down as a big stain on the Cowboys' drafting resume but they also bit the bullet on a player that Dan Quinn believed was worth trading up for.

More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Yea, thats what coordinators do. Zimmer might be a lot of things we dont like, but he has his own foundation, a simple premise, "do your job, do it correctly" and he prefers his LBs to do more. We may not have the same amount of interceptions, who knows, but he ll get more out of our LBs, where some good talent lies. So anyone who knows Zimmer knew this was going to happen.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't think that the fact Quinn picked him had anything to do with him being cut. I think it was just a case of he can't play as well as some of the other CB options the Cowboys have.

fivetwos

Reaction score
As I admit often, I am no XO guy, but I could never see where Fehoko fit position wise.

IIRC he was an edge rusher in college, but it was clear he didn’t have the skills to do that in the NFL, so was he supposed to be a 3T? Looked a little small for that.

Ok Jerry/McClay, whoever……that’s about it on Fehokos please.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fehoko was drafted to be a future player. He was never Going to get many snaps last year. He may fit in DQ’s scheme, or they took that chance he would fit. But he is not Zimmers style.

He still, did not look all that good.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I like Zimmer already. Th'ats bold statement. I figure nothing personal of course.

But to be a respect draft pick and now CUT! .. dang....

Praxit

Reaction score
Spoiler Alert:

Zimmers defense won’t be any better than Quinn’s.
..... I see your still wearing that McNabb jersey underneath your Romo. ;)...
oh-yeah-dancing.gif

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Yea, thats what coordinators do. Zimmer might be a lot of things we dont like, but he has his own foundation, a simple premise, "do your job, do it correctly" and he prefers his LBs to do more. We may not have the same amount of interceptions, who knows, but he ll get more out of our LBs, where some good talent lies. So anyone who knows Zimmer knew this was going to happen.
I never really liked Dan Quinn. One thing I hated was when Dallas would have trouble against a good defense. I never saw the guy make the correct adjustments when they needing to stop somebody. Glad he's gone.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Okay.

What if that means they’re worse against the pass?
Well now, before Bland got hurt, they were pretty good back there, as far as talent. He will be back so they say. I'm hoping he'll work out because it would be nice to have a top ranked defense. When I say top, like top 3 or better.

Last edited: