Cowboys DC Mike Zimmer wasted no time kicking Dan Quinn draft pick to the curb

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
I love how all these busts are/were Marinelli/Quinn picks and somehow mastermind McClay had no input at all but when they hit it's all thanks to him lol, too funny. So he just lets other people do his job for him then? What a genius.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas also moved on from a pair of 2023 draft picks, including fourth-round pick Viliami Fehoko, who was a brutal fit in Mike Zimmer's system. Fehoko will go down as a big stain on the Cowboys' drafting resume but they also bit the bullet on a player that Dan Quinn believed was worth trading up for.

More Here
I think it has more to do with the fact Fehoko just didn't look all that good as opposed to him somehow not being a fit for Zimmer.

When I watched Fehoko this preseason, he looked like a DT trying to play DE. He was adequate against the run but he showed zero burst, limited pass rush moves and just basically got dominated every time he rushed the passer, regardless of the quality of OT blocking him. He was cut because he stunk. Sometimes the easiest answer is the best answer.

Sydla

Reaction score
Kinda agree...

It'll look different, because of the different types of players, but overall Cowboys might land in the same range as with Quinn.
Just my opinion, but I am not sure the GB goes down the same with Zimmer as with Quinn (EDIT: Not saying we win, but rather not sure we look as inept as we did against GBs offense). But the flipside is I don't think you'll see as many dominant games (turnovers, sacks, etc) under Zimmer that we saw under Quinn. I suspect Zimmer's defenses will be fairly boring in relation to Quinn's defenses that would look like the 85 Bears for a few weeks and then drop a few monumental turd balls.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I love how all these busts are/were Marinelli/Quinn picks and somehow mastermind McClay had no input at all but when they hit it's all thanks to him lol, too funny. So he just lets other people do his job for him then? What a genius.
remember who has the final say on exactly who gets picked. Big and little Enos.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
McClay has the best job on earth...a Proxy for a GM who can not be fired....no other person on earth has this job...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Little bit over dramatic with this article. Eric Scott was a second year 6th rounder. If you really want to shock me, Zimm cuts Mazi or Osa.