Twitter: Cowboys deemed cheap spenders by NFLPA

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dre11, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,626 Messages
    5,079 Likes Received
    Water is wet, Daddy and son are cheap...except when it comes to paying our own underachievers.

2. Reality

Reality Admin

24,666 Messages
    47,220 Likes Received
    I would expect nothing less from them as they are fighting to get players more money.

That is like saying, "Even all NFL owners agree with Jerry about Dak." .. of course they would say that because they want to control spending.

Using either supporting cast as an argument is pointless unless its just another attempt to try to validate an opinion that will never be validated no matter which side you are on..

Jake likes this.
  3. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

10,497 Messages
    8,912 Likes Received
    Not when it comes to average players (Jaylon, Dak, Zeke, etc...), we're about as heavy as it comes with spending.

4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

43,194 Messages
    36,044 Likes Received
    Yeah but is that their goal? Because they have the worst contracts in all of sports despite playing the most physical. If their objective is to get players the most money they should've held out for guaranteed contracts.

5. Reality

Reality Admin

24,666 Messages
    47,220 Likes Received
    I am not taking sides on this because I really do not care.

If I was a team owner, I would want the most affordable and cut/trade friendly contracts as possible.

If I was a player, I would want the most guaranteed money possible with a shorter contract.

That said, I believe any arguments from supporting casts like the NFLPA or the NFL owners (or the NFL itself) are biased, self-serving and pointless.

dogunwo likes this.
  6. rocyaice

43,194 Messages
    36,044 Likes Received
    I mean its not like they are wrong. Cowboys have been bargain shopping in free agency and playing hard ball with their own free agents for some time now. To me they are just saying what's common knowledge especially to Dallas fans.

7. Einstein

Einstein Well-Known Member

340 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Right, let's lock ourselves into mediocrity without Dak... :facepalm:

irving likes this.
  8. Reality

Reality Admin

24,666 Messages
    47,220 Likes Received
    Of course you think they are wrong though because you are supporting the players.

The fans who are supporting the owners tend to think the players are overpaid.

As I said, I really do not care whose sides people are on, but whatever side someone is on is usually the "right one" in their own biased mind.

9. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

17,183 Messages
    12,215 Likes Received
    yet mentioned inthe same sentence with NE and KC so what do cheap mean, maybe we are in the NON STUPID crowds. Seriously..

te Jonses are NOT cheap just less risky in FA markets but they pay their own beyond the high water m,arks..ask Zek, ac, lc, dlaw, and jsmith..they got paid VERY well recently and Martin , smith, along the OL

if that cheap then they dont know the true definition..careful in FA , sure but no way even close to cheap..

10. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

14,082 Messages
    9,221 Likes Received
    I am not in favor of signing dak to big deal, or even playing him on tag this year, but at same time I know that jones boys may use the
    money saved unwisely , or not use it at all.
    I also know that sign dak or dont, cowboys will still not be a serious contender anytime in near future, you all need to just realize that one thing.

They are about entertaining us and making money, not winning SB's.
    So they can sign , tag,trade, or cut dak, I dont really care.

I can still watch the games and have fun with them win or lose lol.

11. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

14,082 Messages
    9,221 Likes Received
    yes thats how we puny humans are lol

12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

32,048 Messages
    15,633 Likes Received
    Who besides Dak could you possibly think they've played hardball with?

13. rocyaice

43,194 Messages
    36,044 Likes Received
    On the guys that matter? Lawrence had to hold off on his surgery to get a deal done after being franchise tagged. Zeke had to go to Cabo to get a deal done.

The only guys who didn't have to do anything were Collins and Jaylon and thus far they are a GREAT return on investment....one is completely lost and the other hasn't even played a game since getting his contract.

Cowboys are using Dak's kindness in their favor. They know Dak would NEVER sit out like Zeke did or hold off on a surgery like Lawrence did. They know they can tag and play hardball with Dak because at the end of the day he's going to be out there game 1.

14. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

24,032 Messages
    46,819 Likes Received
    The difference between low spending and smart spending.

SlammedZero likes this.
  15. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,243 Messages
    7,526 Likes Received

Lol...non equate to knowing the future of a player.

16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

56,738 Messages
    59,401 Likes Received
    I completely disagree. You may not know with 100% certainty but you can do a great job projecting.

Nobody pays 30 year old Runningbacks.. I wonder why?

17. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,243 Messages
    7,526 Likes Received
    Doesn't mean a thing, all players aren't equal, see Brady, Bottom line you never know what a player will do. The many qb flame outs prove it

18. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

5,477 Messages
    5,660 Likes Received
    They will agree on a deal eventually. Dak will be the second highest paid player in football until Jackson, Mayfield, and Allen get their extensions. Just get ready for months more of people complaining on both sides.

19. rocyaice

43,194 Messages
    36,044 Likes Received
    Yep....I can't wait to see what Baker gets but I hope its whenever Dak gets his and not before.

baltcowboy likes this.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

56,738 Messages
    59,401 Likes Received
    Brady is an exception to the rule and he has proven that before he was available last offseason. What he did is normal for him.

What he did was something you could project. Like I did last offseason when I said we should sign him to a 2 year deal to get out of Dak's contract.