Cowboys defense ranked 27th against the rush

Beaker42

Reaction score
Hope McVay doesn't repeat that run game drubbing he gave the Cowboys a few years back in the playoffs.

That was ugly.
8 in the box w/ Diggs on Kupp and Wilson on Higbee. Problem solved.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I wouldn’t go as far as to say Parsons is carrying the defense, we’ve had a number of players play well up front. Donovan Wilson has been outstanding and Trevon Diggs has played exceptional. Parsons being so disruptive has opened up opportunities for other players to get to the QB. LVE has had some struggles but I wouldn’t say our linebackers as a group have been inept. However, they do need need to play better.
I meant carried linebacker crew. Yes they are inept watch the tape. We have one of the worst run defenses and the storm has yet to come. There will be a different tune next Monday. I am banking on it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I meant carried linebacker crew. Yes they are inept watch the tape. We have one of the worst run defenses and the storm has yet to come. There will be a different tune next Monday. I am banking on it.

Some of the problems against the run are on the DL as well.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
We are giving up 138 rushing yards per game compared to 116 last year. We are giving up half a yard more per rush. Last year and this year teams are rushing the ball about the same percentage of time at 41%. Opponents are getting 5 more plays per game this year. Tells me we aren’t much different against the run, statistically a tad worse.

our passing defense is much better this year. Looking at our pass defense we’re better in sack percentage, yards per attempt and passer rating. We are getting after the qb much better this year. Averaging a sack and a half more per game. Maybe this qb pressure is messing with your eyeball test :)
Lve is killing us and the storm has not even arrived. 3-3 in 2 weeks.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
No, the Cowboys defense is pretty good but it has one major flaw that we have seen derail past teams - they aren't strong up the middle and against the run. Last year, it showed itself in a game we should have won in the postseason. The inability to stop the run consistently also possibly cost us the #1 seed.
We will be destroyed this year with wolf boy. No playoffs this year. Bring in some competent linebackers and we have a shot. But just like wasting Ware’s chances for a Dallas Super Bowl, we will waist Parsons chances. He will be gone looking for greener pastures unfortunately.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'll take #1 against the Pass (yds/att) #2 in sacks/pressure and #4 overall

It's early week 4, one good shut down run game moves us up 15 spots, could be this week.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I'll take #1 against the Pass (yds/att) #2 in sacks/pressure and #4 overall

It's early week 4, one good shut down run game moves us up 15 spots, could be this week.
Can you say pipe dream? We are playing the Rams people. We are putting wolf boy out there against a tsunami. Hope he has a good surf board. Because he certainly been riding this teams success without contribution.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Hope McVay doesn't repeat that run game drubbing he gave the Cowboys a few years back in the playoffs.

That was ugly.
I still,have jitters about that game , that fatso andersson terrorized us.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Stephen A. brought this up on first take. So I went and looked it up and he is correct so maybe we should keep our feet on the ground.
Eeeek! 27th? I had no idea, mate.
So, the Quinn canonization is off? @Cowpolk @America's Cowboy
@Verdict @MountaineerCowboy @PAPPYDOG @CowboyRoy all of you on the decoration committee, the Quinn ceremony is on hold.!
ehofjbjn5wok0mpqmqen
All-Saints-1-1.jpg

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
IMO this could be a huge problem like last year. Defense is good until teams really commit to running the ball. Last week they made halftime adjustments and were better against the run so there is hope.
Hmm what cheesesteak eating team has a very good rushing attack?

cowboys1981

Reaction score
We have a poor quality rotation of DTs. We've had this issue since Jimmy left. Once teams see they can run it on us they'll start out attacking us this way and set up their rythym.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Can you say pipe dream? We are playing the Rams people. We are putting wolf boy out there against a tsunami. Hope he has a good surf board. Because he certainly been riding this teams success without contribution.

He was out of position a few times in first half against Wash but overall he's the best LB we have against the run

Wolf boy will shut down the Rams run game on his own