Cowboys defense ranked 27th against the rush

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Not being able to stop the run could affect our pass rush. The longer your defense is on the field the more tired they get. You can tell Parsons is starting to wear down. He looked exhausted against Washington. He struggled against the running game and I believe it affected his pass rush. Washington pretty much ran right at him around the perimeter and was able to take him out of plays. He had Carson Wentz in his grasp for an easy sack and couldn’t hang on to him.
Parsons is wearing down because he is carrying the defense, especially our incredibly inept linebacker corps. Remember the play where LVE tackles Parson tackling the runner? Just emblematic of the feckless LVH.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Our larger DTs are playing poorly.
Osa is playing well, but not a lot of sand in the pants there.

And is Bohanna out?

DT was the low hanging fruit to improve the team, and we did nothing. Couldn't even get our 5th round pick onto the PS. And just when we might have used him.
The low hanging fruit is the linebacking corps ( excluding Parsons who is rushing mostly). Just pathetic and we will not win the division nor will we be in the playoffs. Mark my words.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
LVE is trash actually. He is slow reading plays.
People are starting to come around. I said lets watch the gmen and we got more of trash. And the washington game did nothing to help. Now the storm is coming and we will be exposed. 3-3 in two weeks mostly due to poor run stopping due to deficient linebacker play (excluding parsons)

Rayman70

Reaction score
People are starting to come around. I said lets watch the gmen and we got more of trash. And the washington game did nothing to help. Now the storm is coming and we will be exposed. 3-3 in two weeks mostly due to poor run stopping due to deficient linebacker play (excluding parsons)
I agree. We will come down to Earth with these next 2 games. Reality will set in.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The defense has been gashed by off tackle runs. It has little to do with the defensive tackles. It’s a contain problem, and it’s a product of philosophy. Quinn will give up the occasional run if he can get more pressure on the quarterback. His reasoning is rooted in analytics that show passing efficient with a high correlation to winning and running efficiency with a low correlation.
Exactly but where is our linebacker play? Non existent. We are getting decimated next 2 games unless we get LVE out of there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stephen A. brought this up on first take. So I went and looked it up and he is correct so maybe we should keep our feet on the ground.

And we really havent played anyone that has a good run game other than maybe the giants.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly but where is our linebacker play? Non existent. We are getting decimated next 2 games unless we get LVE out of there.
He is what we call a LIABILITY.
R.78895361b3c17a5f8e98e255f204ef7b

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The storm is coming. Let revisit this when we are destroyed by teams that actually have good offensive lines and run games. The emperor has no clothes.
So teams have bad offensive lines that is why Dallas defense is so good. So if the Cowboys stop the Eagles you will give them respect? If the Eagles run for a 150 yards and score less then 20 you will still cry. Teams will make plays on offense that is the NFL.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
So teams have bad offensive lines that is why Dallas defense is so good. So if the Cowboys stop the Eagles you will give them respect? If the Eagles run for a 150 yards and score less then 20 you will still cry. Teams will make plays on offense that is the NFL.
First, we are not stopping Philly. Two, the 32nd ranked team makes plays, and three will you cry when we are 3-3 and realize my points about a freckles LVE are a reality? Good because I will be there for you with a box of Kleenex.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
First, we are not stopping Philly. Two, the 32nd ranked team makes plays, and three will you cry when we are 3-3 and realize my points about a freckles LVE are a reality? Good because I will be there for you with a box of Kleenex.
When was the last time your Eagles ever did anything offensively against the Cowboys. Your boy toy quarterback is 0-2 with two 20 point but whippings and 5 interceptions.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
When was the last time your Eagles ever did anything offensively against the Cowboys. Your boy toy quarterback is 0-2 with two 20 point but whippings and 5 interceptions.
Not an eagles fan. Hate them. Cowboys fan 55 years. Go boys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons is wearing down because he is carrying the defense, especially our incredibly inept linebacker corps. Remember the play where LVE tackles Parson tackling the runner? Just emblematic of the feckless LVH.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say Parsons is carrying the defense, we’ve had a number of players play well up front. Donovan Wilson has been outstanding and Trevon Diggs has played exceptional. Parsons being so disruptive has opened up opportunities for other players to get to the QB. LVE has had some struggles but I wouldn’t say our linebackers as a group have been inept. However, they do need need to play better.