Cowboys Defensive Tackles PFF Run Defense ranks are as follows after 2 games

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have mismanaged this position for years. Letting Ridgeway go to the Commanders, or Rogers to the Bengals when they were so thin at this position are just wo examples. I am not saying Ridgeway or Rogers are any good, but what else did Dallas have? Ridgeway getting traded by the Commanders makes ne think Quinn just didn't like him. But Quinn also had Mazi shed 40 lbs. Quinn must like more disruptive DTs than big bodies who occupy blockers.

Look how we got here. They traded for Phillips just before the season. The picked up Joseph just before the season started. Phillips played a little in preseason and looked weak against the scrubs playing in preseason.

I honestly think Rogers was the better player, and being a rookie had more room for growth. I think he would give greater effort. But Jerry is stubborn and prideful. Instead of admitting he made a mistake, he puts Phillips on IR instead of just cutting him and admitting the mistake. He will probably release Phillips in a few weeks from the IR. Now they sign Carlos Watkins off a practice squad and I contend he will be the 2nd best DT on the field for Dallas on Sunday.

I am not out of Joseph just yet. I never expect him to give Dallas more than a dozen snaps at his age, but I think once he gets in shape he will be better than what we have.

But when you look at this team, can you think of any other team that is so weak at DT, and RB, as Dallas? This is nothing less than total incompetence.
To your question...no. He no longer owns the standard originally an element gambled upon and won with. An over the top, costly, top affecting piece.

Oh, Stephen has a stabilizing projection of cap that now can be adjusted and standard of team maintained at a high...talent level.

Jerry has failed now to meet his initial promise to do all he is able to bring his fans a Championship.

Sitting right now, that is looking like a marketing and money maker. If true, Jerry, you have just become a liar. That can't go away if true.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They drafted Rogers in the 7th round and sure thats a late round ( last ) but even at that I would rather go with him right out of college then pick Joseph Or Phillips from the retirement home . And yet a DT like Rogers was cut loose . It’s like when Devin Harper was drafted at LB one yr showed some promise in PS and was cut .

That’s the season Marquise Bell had to be plucked from the safety position to play LB . My complaint is if you don’t have replacements for the DT’s and LB’s you drafted quit cuttting them . Coach then work with them .

CCBoy

Reaction score

“How do we stop the run?”​

(@Jess Warren on Facebook)​

Mike: The answer to that question needs to be answered this weekend. The Ravens aren’t a huge passing team but can run the ball between Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry very efficiently.

The inside of this defensive line needs to anchor and not get bullied like last week. Last weekend against the Saints the defensive tackles were often pushed back way too easily and it’s no surprise we see the team shut Jordan Phillips down with a “wrist injury”. If the battle in the trenches is lost the linebackers can’t flow to the ball and shut the run down, then it becomes a long day for Dallas.

Dana: If the Cowboys are going to be able to stop the run, it starts with the DTs. Last week was a pretty poor performance from them and it affected the rest of the defense, especially the LBs trying to come up and fill multiple gaps. The Cowboys have made a move to hopefully help in that area, adding Carlos Watkins to replace Jordan Phillips (IR). Watkins takes pride in stopping the run and wants to help lead in that room. He had a great season in 2021 with the Cowboys and is hoping to get back on track after surgery last season. Outside of bringing in Watkins, the entire team needs to make sure that the effort, execution, and discipline are on full display.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...mar-jackson-micah-parsons-demarvion-overshown

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I knew it.

Blaming Parsons.

Our DTs suck. Parsons is not even in the same ballpark in terms of being a problem.
Well, that is NOT what I said. You read that into my comment

I see a LOT of people blaming DLaw. All that I'm saying is that when an offense is "running left", that is not DLaw's side of the field.

kskboys

Reaction score

“How do we stop the run?”​

(@Jess Warren on Facebook)​

Mike: The answer to that question needs to be answered this weekend. The Ravens aren’t a huge passing team but can run the ball between Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry very efficiently.

The inside of this defensive line needs to anchor and not get bullied like last week. Last weekend against the Saints the defensive tackles were often pushed back way too easily and it’s no surprise we see the team shut Jordan Phillips down with a “wrist injury”. If the battle in the trenches is lost the linebackers can’t flow to the ball and shut the run down, then it becomes a long day for Dallas.

Dana: If the Cowboys are going to be able to stop the run, it starts with the DTs. Last week was a pretty poor performance from them and it affected the rest of the defense, especially the LBs trying to come up and fill multiple gaps. The Cowboys have made a move to hopefully help in that area, adding Carlos Watkins to replace Jordan Phillips (IR). Watkins takes pride in stopping the run and wants to help lead in that room. He had a great season in 2021 with the Cowboys and is hoping to get back on track after surgery last season. Outside of bringing in Watkins, the entire team needs to make sure that the effort, execution, and discipline are on full display.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...mar-jackson-micah-parsons-demarvion-overshown
Absolutely must reading. I cannot believe I saw so many in here blaming it on the LB's, and even one on a frickin' CB. Guess they think like Jerry does.